Arbroath v Killie

4 hours ago, kenwood65 said:

last competitive game between clubs was in Scottish cup 3rd round Jan 26th 1991 at Rugby Park 3-2 to the hosts , i was there Sorbie and Gubby Mitchell were AFC scorers , very unlucky played really well that day , last AFC win was 9th December 1978 , 3-2 at Gayfield , Tommy yule 2 and Terry Wilson scored , we have never won at Rugby Park , total AFC 8 wins , draw 12 , Killie 26 wins

Cheers for that mate 🇱🇻🤩⚽️ Love a wee stat and history lesson 

1 hour ago, DUAFC said:

I was at a testimonial event for James Fowler (really decent guy) a few years back and Paper Roses was getting big licks.

What's the Killie connection there ?

We had a player Ian Fallis who was killed in a car crash while with us, iirc, that was his song at the time, it's stuck with us ever since. Marie still follows & posts, wishing us good luck etc, on her social media....

48 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

We had a player Ian Fallis who was killed in a car crash while with us, iirc, that was his song at the time, it's stuck with us ever since. Marie still follows & posts, wishing us good luck etc, on her social media....

Never heard that reason before. 

Very few teams come to Gayfield and leave with 3 points. Fully expect this to continue on Friday night. I would have thought that by now getting a point up there would be seen as a result by every team  in the league. I would love to get along to this but circumstances dictate a night with Johnathan fucking Sutherland instead. Top of the league the moarns night?

3 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

no other team will bring more than 500. 

Think Dunfermline supporters may disagree.  Even where they are just now.   

Thistle had best part of 500 recently.  If they get a few decent results they would bring best part of a 1000 on a decent Saturday afternoon. 

Morton used to have a great away support. 

6 hours ago, DUAFC said:

Ricky Little  - best player in Ayrshire 

Here Here 🇱🇻💪 it’s not just for his football but the fact he does all that traveling too and just a really nice guy, always makes time for the fan’s, just a red lichtie legend really and certain hall of famer, Surely due a testimonial soon if Bobby is getting his as they joined around the same time 

last competitive game between clubs was in Scottish cup 3rd round Jan 26th 1991 at Rugby Park 3-2 to the hosts , i was there Sorbie and Gubby Mitchell were AFC scorers , very unlucky played really well that day , last AFC win was 9th December 1978 , 3-2 at Gayfield , Tommy yule 2 and Terry Wilson scored , we have never won at Rugby Park , total AFC 8 wins , draw 12 , Killie 26 wins

I remember the 1991 game. Had a pint in Ally MacLeod’s boozer and spoke with the man himself. What was the name of the pub?

This will be my first trip ever to Gayfield Park , the last time Kilmarnock played up there I wasn't born -3 year old to be precise. A bucket list moment for alot of our support as mentioned it is a shame it wasn't on the Saturday as originally planned. I fully expected 2000 Killie fans to travel up if it were to be a Saturday fixture. I still expect 1000+ to go tonight and hopefully the 260 mile round trip from Ayrshire is not in vain. 

I have always really admired Dick Campbell as a manager he has a brilliant character, I can see why players would want to play for his team and run through brick walls for him. Arbroath have been sensational so far this season. Nouble and McKenna have been really impressive and we will expect a tough game. I hope Murray can get at full back and provide decent service for strikers.

I am hoping that now Oli Shaw is off the mark and Scott Robinson is back fit we will maybe have to much in the channels and be able to stretch Arbroath. Shame Chris Burke is injured as he is a joy to watch for any team.

Good Luck to Arbroath and their supporters for the later and the rest of this season, but I secretly hope we give you a hiding later.

Had a wee look at Killie Kickback, what a hoot. Most posters are level headed and reasonable about tonight’s game but there are some absolute belting posts.

TOB (the entire team) is slow and crap; easy 5-0 scudding; win or the manager has to be sacked; expecting a floodlight failure as these old grounds aren’t used to TV games - even though we’ve had more games live on TV than Killie in the last few seasons.

Now, I fully expect this to be by far our toughest test so far, I expect to lose and we’ll have to be at our very best to get anything out of the game particularly with players out, but some of the comments are like a “Greatest Hits” of what we’ve been hearing for the last 2 and a bit seasons.

10 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Never heard that reason before. 

I was only around 9 years old at the time Ian Fallis was killed. That was the reason I was told for singing it back then, coincidentally, someone else posted the same reason for singing Paper Roses on Kickback in the last few days.

Edited by C4mmy31

Saying a prayer for Colin Hamilton. Please be fit..... 

And I’ve decided if he’s fit then

Gaston

Stewart RB

Little

ToB

Hamilton

Dyl Patz

Low

Henderson

Craigen

McKenna

Nouble

Put Stewart RB purely cause he’s played there a lot more than Chris Hamilton this season. And I think a game like this Dylan Paterson could really shine if given a chance. 

Things I really hope we don’t see...

Henderson left back and Clark centre mid, too big a game for young Clark and McKenna out wide

Station Bar sooon keeeeman  

22 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Had a wee look at Killie Kickback, what a hoot. Most posters are level headed and reasonable about tonight’s game but there are some absolute belting posts.

TOB (the entire team) is slow and crap; easy 5-0 scudding; win or the manager has to be sacked; expecting a floodlight failure as these old grounds aren’t used to TV games - even though we’ve had more games live on TV than Killie in the last few seasons.

Now, I fully expect this to be by far our toughest test so far, I expect to lose and we’ll have to be at our very best to get anything out of the game particularly with players out, but some of the comments are like a “Greatest Hits” of what we’ve been hearing for the last 2 and a bit seasons.

Mate, I suggest you read the thread again. Out of 100s of posts there has been nothing but respect showed to your team apart from a tiny few run of the mill daft comments which you have exaggerated like 5-0 wins and managers sacked. It’s a home forum if you’re going to be a drama queen stay out.

43 minutes ago, Killiefan said:

Mate, I suggest you read the thread again. Out of 100s of posts there has been nothing but respect showed to your team apart from a tiny few run of the mill daft comments which you have exaggerated like 5-0 wins and managers sacked. It’s a home forum if you’re going to be a drama queen stay out.

Drama queen 😆 If you read my post again I did say that most of the posters are level headed and reasonable, it’s my second sentence ffs.

Edited by Tattie36

33 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Like every home team forum you get daft posts from some along the way, christ, I've done it myself in the past if I'm being honest.

Everyone else knows tonight is a potential banana skin and nothing is being taken as a given.

Arbroath have and will continue to be given the respect they rightly deserve, considering the start they've had to the season and scalps they've taken so far, from the vast majority on our kickback pages.