Arbroath v Killie

2 hours ago, Jack_Jarvis said:

It is a pity that the game is on a Friday as it has deprived a large number of Killie fans from traveling, this in turn deprived Arbroath of income.

As many have indicated this tie was the jewel for the travelling fans, I honestly didn’t see 2,000 as an exaggeration in numbers.

Anyway, onto the game, Killie haven’t yet really got going yet we sit second top, we need to be very tight at the back as Arbroath have proved so far to be capable of scoring a few. Would I be happy with a draw? , god no, 2-1 Killie please.

Enjoy the game everyone! 

Weclome to P&B Jack 👋

On 20/09/2021 at 21:51, 36-0 Maroon said:

Really looking forward to this one, Definitely expecting it to be our toughest challenge to date especially against the league favorites, Love how all the Kilmarnock fans are looking forward to there night and weekend and ticking visiting Gayfield off their list as it’s been so long , Us fans live for these type of nights and having you guys come down represents a great challenge for us especially one from a club as big as yourself who really are a premiership club all day long, Being a keen Programme collector I have ones against Killie for 77, 89 and 1990 so wonder if that one was the last competitive game between the sides?

For us the only change I would be going with is Chris Hamilton in for Goldie. Enjoy your weekend and match Killie fan’s but hoping our amazing start to the season continues and we top the table come 9:45pm

last competitive game between clubs was in Scottish cup 3rd round Jan 26th 1991 at Rugby Park 3-2 to the hosts , i was there Sorbie and Gubby Mitchell were AFC scorers , very unlucky played really well that day , last AFC win was 9th December 1978 , 3-2 at Gayfield , Tommy yule 2 and Terry Wilson scored , we have never won at Rugby Park , total AFC 8 wins , draw 12 , Killie 26 wins

On 20/09/2021 at 10:44, Tattie36 said:

It’s just terrible, tired commentary/punditry/journalism all round. Just a constant stream of embarrassing cliches and inaccuracies.

If it’s not the wind then it’s the “tight pitch” which it isn’t, bobbly surface which it most definitely isn’t, big physical team etc etc.

I’ve  been to 3 home games this season so far and the weather has been fantastic for them all. But we’ll get one game in the middle of winter when the wind’s blowing and it gets used to reinforce the stereotype.

They do the same with the Killie pitch. Ajax, Barcelona etc train on the surface that Killie put down at a considerable cost two seasons ago. 

Arbroath fans. What kind of time do the local pubs shut on a Friday night? Staying at The Old Brewhouse so preferably something within staggering distance. Cheers in advance. 

Most pubs will be 1ish on a Friday. Commercial is just along the road from the brewhouse and is a good boozer. Newgate isn’t far towards the Vicky park and is also good, will definitely be open till one as well. Devitos open till half 2 as well if you fancy that [emoji6]

10 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

Most pubs will be 1ish on a Friday. Commercial is just along the road from the brewhouse and is a good boozer. Newgate isn’t far towards the Vicky park and is also good, will definitely be open till one as well. Devitos open till half 2 as well if you fancy that emoji6.png

Thanks for the info mate. Will be up and boozing for 2pm so 2.30am might be pushing it. 
Do a duet with u to Paper Roses on the karaoke if ur in. 😉

Arbroath vs Kilmarnock Supporter Information

We would advise ALL supporters to arrive early for Friday's night match. With over 2000+ supporters expected the kick off will not be delayed as the match is live on BBC Scotland.

Segregation is in place for this match.

Entry

Please either have your ticket printed out, or saved on to your phone with your contrast fully up for our scanners to read the code.

Arbroath Supporters will enter via Gate 1.

Kilmarnock Supporters will enter via Gates 2 and 3.

Main Stand

Seats in the Stands will be occupied on a first come, first seated basis.

Arbroath Supporters will occupy sections A and C of the main stand.

Kilmarnock will occupy Section G of the Main Stand and Kilmarnock fans should be advised that only a small number of stands seats will be available.

Section B is for Hospitality whilst sections D and E are for the Arbroath and Kilmarnock coaches and substitutes.

Section F is for club officials from both teams.

Section H is for Media.

Smoking is not permitted in the main stand of Gayfield Park

Terracing

Arbroath supporters will be housed in the Pleasureland End of the Stadium up to the TV Gantry.

Kilmarnock supporters will be housed in the Harbour End of the Stadium and part of the East Terrace.

The BBC commentators and staff will occupy a small section of the harbour side of the East Terrace for their live match coverage.

Disabled Bays

There are disabled bays in front of Section A (for Arbroath supporters) and Section H (for Kilmarnock supporters) which are accessible by ramps parallel to these sections.

Facilities

Each side of the ground has toilets and a refreshment booth, while there are pie stands in far corners of the East Terrace.

Supporters can park by Pleasureland, or on the Harbour end of Gayfield at Inchcape Park.

It should go without saying that No pyrotechnics are allowed inside of Gayfield.

We look forward to welcoming you to Gayfield!

C’mon the Lichties

Arbroath vs Killie.jpeg

Edited by Gayfield

Really don’t understand the need to give Killie so much of the ground. They will have 1000 max and the same share of the ground that Accies had would be way more than enough. It was brilliant being able to get down towards the harbour end and definitely gave the team a boost. We’re the home team and should look to use any advantage we can.

If it is lashing with rain, or a howling gale or both since it is Gayfield it would be unfair to expect 800-1000 supporters to just shelter under one small terrace.

Segregation is based on by the number of tickets sold and Kilmarnock have sold more than Hamilton. 

3 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Really don’t understand the need to give Killie so much of the ground. They will have 1000 max and the same share of the ground that Accies had would be way more than enough. It was brilliant being able to get down towards the harbour end and definitely gave the team a boost. We’re the home team and should look to use any advantage we can.

1 hour ago, kenwood65 said:

last competitive game between clubs was in Scottish cup 3rd round Jan 26th 1991 at Rugby Park 3-2 to the hosts , i was there Sorbie and Gubby Mitchell were AFC scorers , very unlucky played really well that day , last AFC win was 9th December 1978 , 3-2 at Gayfield , Tommy yule 2 and Terry Wilson scored , we have never won at Rugby Park , total AFC 8 wins , draw 12 , Killie 26 wins

I seem to recall Arbroath playing Kilmarnock on a Monday or Wednesday night in 1958 at Rugby Park in the days of Dave Easson  and in Division 1 which is now the Premier League and the score was 2-1 for Arbroath. I may be wrong but I feel quite confident.

19 minutes ago, Housecaptain said:

I seem to recall Arbroath playing Kilmarnock on a Monday or Wednesday night in 1958 at Rugby Park in the days of Dave Easson  and in Division 1 which is now the Premier League and the score was 2-1 for Arbroath. I may be wrong but I feel quite confident.

Sorry guys I went into Google and unfortunately we were beaten 3-2,should have done that first, it is an age thing and wishful thinking.

6 minutes ago, Gayfield said:

If it is lashing with rain, or a howling gale or both since it is Gayfield it would be unfair to expect 800-1000 supporters to just shelter under one small terrace.

Segregation is based on by the number of tickets sold and Kilmarnock have sold more than Hamilton. 

Understand if that was the forecast or if Killie were bringing 2k+, but not one single forecast is predicting anything other than decent weather for tomorrow night.

It’s nice to be nice but how many other clubs are so considerate to visiting fans, while also taking away one of the advantages of being the home team?

As per the Hamilton game - the section of stand, harbour end and round to the end of the enclosure must hold close to 2.5k so way more than enough for any of our league opponents this season.

IMO we should be using every advantage that we have.

23 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

You'll have this stand to yourselves when you visit Rugby Park....

rugby-park-kilmarnock-fc-moffat-stand-1430855779.jpg.cce3887e47d2985c004e17f06d66e6b6.jpg

That’ll be a tight squeeze....

Fully understand the segregation for this game. I’d only do it for this Kilmarnock game though, no other team will bring more than 500. 

Had a wee read of Killie Kickback there. ToB getting called as slow as a week in jail gave me a good laugh... mental shout. Good to see so many Killie fans excited about Gayf. Best terraced old school ground about hands down. It’s glorious. 

I just hope Colin Hamilton is fit. Going to be hard enough with Goldy suspended but 2 out of our back 4 being out would mean a big reshuffle.

Hoping to see the same team as last week with Patterson or Chris Hamilton in for Gold and I’ll be happy.

1 hour ago, marie osmond said:

Do a duet with u to Paper Roses on the karaoke if ur in. 😉

I was at a testimonial event for James Fowler (really decent guy) a few years back and Paper Roses was getting big licks.

What's the Killie connection there ?

Edited by DUAFC

11 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

no other team will bring more than 500. 

Think Dunfermline supporters may disagree.  Even where they are just now.   

Thistle had best part of 500 recently.  If they get a few decent results they would bring best part of a 1000 on a decent Saturday afternoon. 

Morton used to have a great away support.