Arbroath v Killie

5 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

It’s just terrible, tired commentary/punditry/journalism all round. Just a constant stream of embarrassing cliches and inaccuracies.

If it’s not the wind then it’s the “tight pitch” which it isn’t, bobbly surface which it most definitely isn’t, big physical team etc etc.

I’ve  been to 3 home games this season so far and the weather has been fantastic for them all. But we’ll get one game in the middle of winter when the wind’s blowing and it gets used to reinforce the stereotype.

I like the big physical team stuff cause we are and it’s fucking great. 

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I like the big physical team stuff cause we are and it’s fucking great. 

Aye, nothing wrong with having a bit of physicality about a team and we combine it well with flair and good fitba. It’s when it’s used as a lazy pejorative that’s when it bugs me. As if being a part-time diddy team mixing it with the big boys means that your game is all about sticking the boot in and lumping it up the park.

Our team seem to be able to scrap and fight so I'm not too worried about that aspect. I am worried about Nouble troubling whoever Murray's partner is, probably McGowan. We've defended extremely well all season (only one goal conceded), but I reckon he has the exact attributes to be able to cause us some bother. Hopefully the likes of Shaw, Robinson and Murray can hurt Arbroath down the other end.

14 minutes ago, Kejan said:

Anyone in the Nordics? This game is on Viaplay! Is that a first - Arbroath broadcast live to Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland and Iceland?!

Long overdue in my opinion..   Since fishing is greatly diminished as an economic activity in Arbroath (the harbour seems to be mainly marina nowadays), I feel the opportunity to tap into the North Sea fishing community solidarity market has long since gone.     Many years spent in farflung places, the nearest I managed was the final scores on BBC World Service, if reception was manageable

After watching the SuperKillieAway thing on twitter with a brief summary of their game v Thistle I just don’t think we can chuck JT in here. They look decent and it’ll be the hardest test so far, United and St Johnstone aside. Praying Colin Hammy fit and got to be Stewart or Chris Hamilton RB. Would love it to be Stewart and give Dylan (Or bobby?) a start On the wing 

Our team seem to be able to scrap and fight so I'm not too worried about that aspect. I am worried about Nouble troubling whoever Murray's partner is, probably McGowan. We've defended extremely well all season (only one goal conceded), but I reckon he has the exact attributes to be able to cause us some bother. Hopefully the likes of Shaw, Robinson and Murray can hurt Arbroath down the other end.
You absolutely should be worried.

17 minutes ago, craigkillie said:
2 hours ago, Mr X said:
You absolutely should be worried.

I'm a bit confused here, because that's exactly what I said. Worried about Nouble, less worried about them being able to outfight us.

Think he was just reinforcing the Nouble point 

Big man is due a stinker tbf so might be this week

Looking forward to crossing Gayfield off my list - taking a day aff the work and heading up with my dad for this one. Hoping for a good day of weather and some smokies before losing my Gayfield VL. My worry about this game is Nouble's attacking prowess - our defence are going to have to be at their best to handle him. I was also slightly worried with our start to the game against Thistle on Saturday - we were lucky they couldn't score for toffee and you guys definitely are capable of putting a few goals in, so we'll have to make sure we're not complacent. Should be a good trip!

Really looking forward to this one, Definitely expecting it to be our toughest challenge to date especially against the league favorites, Love how all the Kilmarnock fans are looking forward to there night and weekend and ticking visiting Gayfield off their list as it’s been so long , Us fans live for these type of nights and having you guys come down represents a great challenge for us especially one from a club as big as yourself who really are a premiership club all day long, Being a keen Programme collector I have ones against Killie for 77, 89 and 1990 so wonder if that one was the last competitive game between the sides?

For us the only change I would be going with is Chris Hamilton in for Goldie. Enjoy your weekend and match Killie fan’s but hoping our amazing start to the season continues and we top the table come 9:45pm

4 hours ago, 36-0 Maroon said:

Really looking forward to this one, Definitely expecting it to be our toughest challenge to date especially against the league favorites, Love how all the Kilmarnock fans are looking forward to there night and weekend and ticking visiting Gayfield off their list as it’s been so long , Us fans live for these type of nights and having you guys come down represents a great challenge for us especially one from a club as big as yourself who really are a premiership club all day long, Being a keen Programme collector I have ones against Killie for 77, 89 and 1990 so wonder if that one was the last competitive game between the sides?

Arbroath has been on a good few Killie fans bucket list for this season since our relegation was confirmed....

I hope the pubs have plenty of beer supplies in.

Edited by C4mmy31

Really hope we keep the segregation as it was for the Hamilton game. Such a boost for the team having the fans able to get close to both ends.

Even if Killie bring 1k fans, the harbour end plus a bit of the stand is more than enough. Never liked how Arbroath would give visiting fans half the ground (unless they were bringing 2k+) when most teams put visiting fans in a crappy wee corner or section of a stand.

Edited by Tattie36

25 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Really hope we keep the segregation as it was for the Hamilton game. Such a boost for the team having the fans able to get close to both ends.

Even if Killie bring 1k fans, the harbour end plus a bit of the stand is more than enough. Never liked how Arbroath would give visiting fans half the ground (unless they were bringing 2k+) when most teams put visiting fans in a crappy wee corner or section of a stand.

One thing that was said at the Q&A was that the seggy is here to stay and they will decide on where it will be in-forced on a game by game basis 

It is a pity that the game is on a Friday as it has deprived a large number of Killie fans from traveling, this in turn deprived Arbroath of income.

As many have indicated this tie was the jewel for the travelling fans, I honestly didn’t see 2,000 as an exaggeration in numbers.

Anyway, onto the game, Killie haven’t yet really got going yet we sit second top, we need to be very tight at the back as Arbroath have proved so far to be capable of scoring a few. Would I be happy with a draw? , god no, 2-1 Killie please.

Enjoy the game everyone!