Arbroath v Killie

If we win we could go top after 7 games that is absolutely wild. 

Bit of a headache for DC now after David Gold got sent off. I hope Colin Hamilton will be ok not sure what was up with him didn’t seem anything serious. 

For me there’s 2 options to cover for Gold, put Stewart back to right back and play Dylan Paterson in front of him. Or straight swap David Gold out Chris Hamilton in.

On tv so hopefully doesn’t affect crowd too much. Going off our games so far I’d expect 1500 home and possibly 5/600 away going by what I’ve read from Killie fans. 

Don’t think we’ve played competitively since 1991? 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

• 1320Lichtie changed the title to Arbroath v Killie
33 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Bit of a headache for DC now after David Gold got sent off. I hope Colin Hamilton will be ok not sure what was up with him didn’t seem anything serious. 

For me there’s 2 options to cover for Gold, put Stewart back to right back and play Dylan Paterson in front of him. Or straight swap David Gold out Chris Hamilton in.

On tv so hopefully doesn’t affect crowd too much. Going off our games so far I’d expect 1500 home and possibly 5/600 away going by what I’ve read from Killie fans. 

I'd expect around 1000 away fans. 

Theres around 350/400 on buses alone but know tons driving after work etc and others making weekend of it

Is Jason Thompson not an option for a return? He played 90 minutes at Aberdeen. It might be a game for our experienced players to start, at least.

3 minutes ago, timlichtie said:

Is Jason Thompson not an option for a return? He played 90 minutes at Aberdeen. It might be a game for our experienced players to start, at least.

Going off his game at Aberdeen I definitely would not chuck him in here. Understandably didn’t look very sharp v the Aberdeen youths after being injured and out so long but if you’re going to put him back into the team not sure doing it v the best team would be the right thing to do. For me anyway 

1 minute ago, Monk said:

Not ashamed to say I am bricking it for this one. Really hope we don't underestimate you. Could be our toughest test of the season so far.

Think we are long past being underestimated but all is too rosey in the garden I just feel an impending sense of doom must be inbound soon so 3-0 Killie 😂 

Seriously though I wouldn’t be bricking it. I’m looking forward to it it’s a free hit after the start we’ve made. Nothing to lose just hope we do ourselves justice live on the TV cause we’ve been excellent so far this season. 

6 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Cliche bingo’s started early for this one.

It certainly wasn't supposed to come across like that, i have a soft spot for Arbroath, my Dutch girlfriends dad is a massive Arbroath fan I've attended a few games with him, I recall being at a game on Boxing day around 10 or so years ago that was abandoned because the ball was being blown around like a cheap fly away ball.

Really looking forward to this one as, personally speaking, it encapsulates the few positives of our relegation: different team, different players, different town and a different stadium. There’s only so many visits to Motherwell you can handle before losing the will to live.

As far as I know, I’ve never been to Arbroath and haven’t seen a game at the ground. Will enjoy ticking off another Scottish football ground.

As for the game/result, well, it’s one of the best scoring teams in the league against one of the best defences. Should be a good competition.

3 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Four consecutive scuddings of full-timers is incredible going by Arbroath. 

All in a days work mate 😜

Seriously though, Allan Johnston mentioned it yesterday, we will be paying similar or more than some of the bottom half clubs, for more experienced guys too. 2 days intense training and doing their own fitness routines and we are cooshty. 

I get what you mean though they’re not just wins they’ve been high scoring wins. If Nicky Low scores that penalty in Ayr we could’ve been looking at 

Ayr 0-3 Arbroath

Arbroath 3-1 Partick Thistle

Dunfermline 0-3 Arbroath 

Arbroath 4-0 Hamilton

Qots 0-2 Arbroath 

Which is absolutely wild. The last 4 wins though have been mental too. Great form but has to end soon

17 minutes ago, mathematics said:

Really looking forward to this one as, personally speaking, it encapsulates the few positives of our relegation: different team, different players, different town and a different stadium. There’s only so many visits to Motherwell you can handle before losing the will to live.

As far as I know, I’ve never been to Arbroath and haven’t seen a game at the ground. Will enjoy ticking off another Scottish football ground.

As for the game/result, well, it’s one of the best scoring teams in the league against one of the best defences. Should be a good competition.

Gayfield is magic especially under the lights. Throw back for fans that’s basically watched all your games at all seaters in the Prem