Caley Jags vs. Doonhamers

1 minute ago, Mr X said:
7 minutes ago, ALOREBURNE said:
We’ve got an actual left back on the bench as well emoji85.png

Well, we've got a player signed as a left back. We've barely seen him and he may or may not be fit.

Debayo and Henderson are left backs too I thought?  

1 minute ago, the_palmy_pie said:

Simply not good enough yet again. 

Sorry but Allan Johnston is not the answer and I can’t  believe we gave him a 2 year deal all because of that great run we went on last season. 

What’s his record since that ended ? 

Criminal.

Difficult to judge watching a stream but Queens players seem so slow closing the  opposition  players down, they just seem to amble across with no urgency to try and get tackles in. Connelly and Gibson worked hard enough but there's too many just not up to it or not prepared to push themselves that bit harder to make things happen. 

9 minutes ago, the_palmy_pie said:

Simply not good enough yet again. 
Sorry but Allan Johnston is not the answer and I can’t  believe we gave him a 2 year deal all because of that great run we went on last season. What’s his record since that ended ? 

We had a run of 7 wins and 2 draws from 10 games which effectively ended with winning at Arbroath. Since then
P15 W3 D2 L10. Eleven points out of forty-five.

I got my sums wrong last week. Johnston’s record after conceding the first goal in the league is P29 W1 D1 L27. The Comeback Kings.

1 minute ago, Flash said:

We had a run of 7 wins and 2 draws from 10 games which effectively ended with winning at Arbroath. Since then

I got my sums wrong last week. Johnston’s record after conceding the first goal in the league is P29 W1 D1 L27. The Comeback Kings.

Wow

6 minutes ago, Flash said:

It'll look yet worse when we chuck in the periods last season and in the previous one, which preceded the good run that earned him the extension to the contract.

That strong little spell really was a remote island.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Bit like last week against Dunfermline in that when Queens decided to run at our defenders, they looked much more dangerous; much better second half performance from them. Really good reaction from ICT to getting pegged back though. Gardyne is proving to be a very shrewd signing - rarely wastes possession, can still beat a man, takes up good positions too. Definitely a deserved win over the piece, but much more uncomfortable than it looked like being at one stage. 

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It'll look yet worse when we chuck in the periods last season and in the previous one, which preceded the good run that earned him the extension to the contract.

His record from 1.1.20 until the 10 game good run started was P19 W1 D4 L14. Seven points out of fifty-seven.

4 minutes ago, Flash said:

His record from 1.1.20 until the 10 game good run started was P19 W1 D4 L14. Seven points out of fifty-seven.

I'd do the sums myself were I not so lazy, but what's his overall record then, if we include the decent enough spell of late 2019 and the very good one of early 2021?

It still can't be great, but it'll duck the charge of only cherry picking the plentiful, prolonged, rubbish parts.