Caley Jags vs. Doonhamers

Hope Johnstone isn't turning into Tinkerman trying to Magically hit on a winning formula. Oh well, paid my £15 now so might as well watch it. Actually looking forward to see what Liddle offers, he's looked OK to me in his sub appearances. 
Edit to add: Got my laptop speakers up to max but can hardly hear commentary. Might be glad of that later but is it the same for others?
Volume is OK for me.
Aye. Game plan out the window with a needlessly stupid FK there.
Needless free kick, badly lined up wall and a half-assed attempt at a save. Not convinced by Brynn at all.

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

It's always been a mystery and frustrating to me in my years following Queens, how we seem to struggle more against teams at our level of proficiency, club size, etc, yet often manage to raise our game against more fancied and so-called bigger clubs. I'm not saying statistics will back up my point but it's certainly a strong impression I have. 

People say the same thing about Scotland and you hear it from fans of other clubs too.  

We can all think of examples such as how we did last season against Hearts and Alloa respectively.  I don't think the stats would support it as a genuine trend or habit peculiar to us though.

When expected to lose, we usually do.  Today is shaping up as the latest example.

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

People say the same thing about Scotland and you hear it from fans of other clubs too.  

We can all think of examples such as how we did last season against Hearts and Alloa respectively.  I don't think the stats would support it as a genuine trend or habit peculiar to us though.

When expected to lose, we usually do.  Today is shaping up as the latest example.

I'm going a lot further back than just  last season, it seems to have been the case most seasons. As I say maybe over the piece it's not necessarily the case. 

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Aye, if we did better against better opposition, we wouldn’t have been struggling against relegation for three seasons on the trot. With this one looking increasingly like the fourth.

1 minute ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I'm going a lot further back than just  last season, it seems to have been the case most seasons. As I say maybe over the piece it's not necessarily the case. 

Yes, I know.

I was just pointing out that we can all think of examples that conform to this trend, while forgetting all the more common results that don't. 

You'll struggle to find a pisher 45 minutes of football at this level. Absolutely dire. Caley have their lead and don't look like conceding so you can't blame them tbh. Trying to shitfest a draw is one thing, trying to shifest a 1-0 defeat is an entirely different matter. Changes required though I'm not sure what can really be done. Paton and Junior haven't been terrible but I don't have much faith that they'll come on and score goals.

0-1 flatters us.  ICT haven't broken sweat.

AJ's masterplan of fielding a defensively minded midfield has backfired spectacularly with Gibson the only one of the five showing any thoughts of attacking.

There's a yawning gap between midfield and the front two who seem to have no understanding of each other's play whatsoever.  I've no idea why Paton is benched but he needs to be brought on as an attacking central midfielder or forward asap.

The sooner Rae gets up to full fitness the better.  Brynn doesn't inspire confidence and his slow motion amble across goal in attempting to "save" Welsh's free kick goal was laughable.

Max Johnston is also on the field.  Allegedly.

Edited by Slipmat