Caley Jags vs. Doonhamers

6 hours ago, TERREGLES1919 said:

Queens on the long trek to the Highlands to play the league leaders. At least Queens are better on the road this season.

Better on the road this season maybe, but our league record in Inverness is pretty awful - won 4 drawn 2 lost 11.  I expect it will be even worse come Saturday night. 

Are ICT still using that commentator who chunters on about "the penalty arc" and such nonsense?

Edited by Slipmat

59 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

Better on the road this season maybe, but our league record in Inverness is pretty awful - won 4 drawn 2 lost 11.  I expect it will be even worse come Saturday night. 

Are ICT still using that commentator who chunters on about "the penalty arc" and such nonsense?

No.  He's on the tannoy...

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

My respect for ICT fans just went up.

It's hard to believe but he's actually even worse on the tannoy than he is as a commentator.  I'd recommend any Doonhamers with heart problems not attend as around about five minutes after an ICT goal is scored, he pipes up with the goal announcement that begins with the loudest "GOOAALLL!" you've ever heard.

4 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

It's hard to believe but he's actually even worse on the tannoy than he is as a commentator.  I'd recommend any Doonhamers with heart problems not attend as around about five minutes after an ICT goal is scored, he pipes up with the goal announcement that begins with the loudest "GOOAALLL!" you've ever heard.

We'll just have to make sure he doesn't get the opportunity. 

That's me bought the stream for the game, hope the coverage and Queens performance is worth it.  I usually make the trip up but unfortunately not this time.  Inverness CT are going strong but Queens have a habit or raising their game when unfancied so I'm not ruling out the possibility of them coming away with at least a point.    I hope all the travelling Queens fans have a safe journey, a good day out and come back down the road with something to celebrate.

3 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

We must be fancied more often than I'd realised.

It's always been a mystery and frustrating to me in my years following Queens, how we seem to struggle more against teams at our level of proficiency, club size, etc, yet often manage to raise our game against more fancied and so-called bigger clubs. I'm not saying statistics will back up my point but it's certainly a strong impression I have. 

The players starting today have scored a grand total of 2 goals in 10 games in all competitions this season (excluding Broomhill which shouldn’t count for anything). If we do include Broomhill, the number rockets up to 4 in 11. 

Logged in to see the team. Wish I hadn't bothered. Clearly playing for a point here. Junior dropped and Joseph starting.

Given his one and only decent game for us was against Caley last year, hopefully Joseph repeats that today.

Was just about to login and purchase the stream. Checked the starting XI on BBC Sport website and decided to save the £15.00. Ryder Cup for me, even though it’s an absolute procession for the Yanks. Probably a better contest than the Queens game will be tbh.

Hope Johnstone isn't turning into Tinkerman trying to Magically hit on a winning formula. Oh well, paid my £15 now so might as well watch it. Actually looking forward to see what Liddle offers, he's looked OK to me in his sub appearances. 

Edit to add: Got my laptop speakers up to max but can hardly hear commentary. Might be glad of that later but is it the same for others?

Edited by Fae_the_'briggs