Raith Rovers vs Partick Thistle

My kids are at Starks this morning. To make Starks a lot better for atmosphere, we just need to make the North Stand for home fans and put away supports in the Railway Stand. I much prefer the North Stand. You actually see the sun occasionally. 

What’s the story today? Where are the Thistle fans going to be located?

19 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

Are the club letting Stark's Park out for kids birthday parties on a Sunday morning now? 😉

That sounds like a good suggestion. We have to look at all revenue streams these days.

What a cracking day for football. Even the fair weather super fans like me will be running low on excuses not to attend. 

On 25/09/2021 at 09:58, Scary Bear said:

My perception is the season is a bit ‘all over the place’ so far both for the club and for my good self. It all seems a bit disjointed. I’ve only made a couple of games and neither of them were league games. The club seem to be doing pretty well with a couple of good away wins and the League Cup campaign. At home we’ve only managed to finish two league games - the 4-0 to 4-4 collapse to Accies and the defeat to QoS.

Losing our best player (Vaughan) is a blow. Now Keatings has been sent on loan to Montrose, we seem a bit light up front. As always, you assume McGlynn is on top of things.

It would be good if we could get a couple of home wins to settle the season down, starting with Thistle tomorrow.

That seems a fair assessment and far too level headed to be on this forum😜, expectations were high after last year and reality is slowly settling in. Be great if we could win today, we can win but I think a draw 🤷🏻‍♂️

Early doors and all that but this looks quite an important game for our momentum and prospects for the rest of the season. 

Win and we are in 4th, with a game in hand. Add in the cup run and a win against Aberdeen and its been a very good start all things considered.

Lose and we are 5 points off 4th and 7 off 3rd. Things in this scenario are starting to look very midtable'y and our start to the season looks average at best (adding in the injury to Vaughan and lack of options up front, a 'let's stay up and build for next year' feeling could set in fast).

Hoping for the former! Come on Rovers!

1 hour ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

Early doors and all that but this looks quite an important game for our momentum and prospects for the rest of the season. 

Win and we are in 4th, with a game in hand. Add in the cup run and a win against Aberdeen and its been a very good start all things considered.

Lose and we are 5 points off 4th and 7 off 3rd. Things in this scenario are starting to look very midtable'y and our start to the season looks average at best (adding in the injury to Vaughan and lack of options up front, a 'let's stay up and build for next year' feeling could set in fast).

Hoping for the former! Come on Rovers!

I reckon we might see the other option. 2-2...

dalai lama dancing GIF by The Joy Experiment

Looks like Thistle and Rovers could be the 4th and 5th best teams in the league. Kilmarnock are dull, dull but will grind out results. ICT look good and even have a bit of depth. Arbroath are doing well and like Killie are hard to beat. 

Thistle have a decent amount of creativity but the defence is shooting its self in the foot far too often. That's not just down to goalkeeping mishaps and we've had enough of them so far.

On 20/09/2021 at 10:39, Fuctifano said:

Think on that basis we'll go back to one up front here. I'd also rather Hendrie and Akinola at full back rather than Foster and McKenna who don't offer much going forward but are also not helping much defensively. 

Zanatta anytime goalscorer is probably buying money as well. 

First bit correct, second wrong, third TBD. 

Surprised that Riley-Snow's benched, Spencer with Matthews preferred. No doubt BRS will replace one of them at some point later on.

McGlynn has a full squad for a change (Vaughan apart of course), and the bench doesnt look too bad. Zanatta will be extra eager to score, as he did against Ayr.

Edited by Raith_Raver

Entertaining start to this one. Zanatta looks motivated and Tumilty overlapping on Ricky Ricardo Foster looks like it could pay dividends, but Thistle look full of threat in the final third. 

I hate watching Brian Graham for the same reason I loved watching him for us. Without ever actually doing anything particularly good, he constantly looks like he's two touches away from the ball being in the back of the net.