Raith Rovers vs Partick Thistle

Yeah, the Bene one probably is a penalty. Doesn’t look much different from at the time, very close proximity but the arm is out. I’ve genuinely lost track of what that means by the rules.

I’d feel hard done to if I was Partick there, but equally McGlynn reckons our video analysis camera shows the Berra sitter went over the line, the Dario penalty shout in the first half looks a bit soft but there’s a definite tug and the defender stops as if he thinks it’s a pen - and if that’s given it’s a red card. The keeper handled the ball outside the box in the second half and the penalty we did get didn’t even muster a complaint, even after the Bene shout at the other end.

All in all it’s been a while since I’ve seen the officials totally lose the run of the game like yesterday.

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Huge difference for me. Partick player had his arm out and moved his body towards the ball on purpose it looked like no idea what he was upto. Whereas not much Benedictus could’ve done.

That's my take too.  Benedictus turned away from the ball as it struck him, the Thistle boy had his arm out to the side then moved towards the ball.  Both correct decisions. 

I think the Bene one is probably a penalty. He seems to have a habit of charging out to the ball like that to block it, side on and the arms are out, think we were lucky to get away with that and if he keeps doing it we’ll get punished eventually. 

The Zanatta one would’ve been soft but definitely seen them given. There’s a slight tug but I actually think he gets his heels clipped too. Don’t think there can be much complaints with the penalty we did get.

Also, whilst Tait was not at his best and you can see one of the instances he was caught on the ball leading to Graham’s back post header, he actually contributed quite a lot going forward. Excellent ball for the chance Zanatta puts passed the post. He also plays the ball over the top for the Zanatta penalty claim and puts in a very good cross for Berra’s chance (how did he miss!?).

Didn't appreciate at the time how bad the defending was by Dick for the second Thistle goal, really horrible stuff. A shame as I thought he had a good game up until that point and seems to be improving every week after a shaky start.

57 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

The Zanatta one would’ve been soft but definitely seen them given. There’s a slight tug but I actually think he gets his heels clipped too. Don’t think there can be much complaints with the penalty we did get.

Yeah like you Zanatta gets his heels clipped which is a penalty in itself

The Bene incident handball, very much dependant on the official on the day.Some would no doubt have given it,others not

A dont what a defenders expected to do when a shots fired at him from close range like that 

29 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Yeah like you Zanatta gets his heels clipped which is a penalty in itself

The Bene incident handball, very much dependant on the official on the day.Some would no doubt have given it,others not

A dont what a defenders expected to do when a shots fired at him from close range like that 

Aye, I agree. I actually think the Zanatta one is a stonewaller. You see it on the slow mo replay that his heels are clipped and he is tripped up (and because of the slight tug on the shoulder, the boy would have to go. He also fully knows he has fouled him, you can see the 'ahh ffs' body language right after it - he thinks he is walking). So in all likelihood it is 2-0 and 11 v 10. 

So even though Thistle played well and the 3-0 would have flattered us, I don't think there can be any complaints about the result. Even if you want t make the case that both Thistle claims were pens, they wouldn't have occurred if the Zanatta one was given, as it should have been. 

Anyway, I love Jobby McCall greeting!

P.S. Dario's touch from RT's pass that leads to our penalty is pure class. Great technique.

Edited by HIT THE CHANNEL

First time back at Starks since the Forfar game before lockdown (I was locked out during the abandoned farce)

What a great game though. Not much between the teams, some decent football, shite refereeing and a host of talking points. I think we were worth the win but on another day could've lost by a goal or two. We also had the chances and penalty claims to have won by 4 or 5 clear goals.

I honestly don't know the latest rule on Bene's handball. His arms weren't in an unnatural position or moving towards the ball but he definitely makes himself bigger and blocks the shot. I'd be screaming for it at the other end however I've seen them given and not given in equal measure.

The trip on Zanatta is a stone-waller and a red card. I wouldn't be surprised if he has a bit of a reputation for diving that played against him here though.

The penalty that was given was also a stone-waller. There was simply no need whatsoever to handle that ball and I'm not quite sure what the defender was thinking. 

Berra chance, he certainly looks convinced it was over the line but there never should've been a chance for controversy there... the fact there was means he didn't deserve a goal whether it was over the line or not. Shite finish.

Looking forward to Wednesday now :)