Raith Rovers vs Partick Thistle

Imo we have 3 subs on the bench who are game ready. Ythe rest are way below what is required imo.
I think we're essentially meaning the same thing. In terms of style of play we have like for like replacements. In terms of quality, with the ability to affect a game positively, we don't have the quality. That's been evidenced by the Hamilton game, today as two examples. There are obviously games where we have had up turns after subs but by n large, it's something we lack.

I seen someone saying we could have went with 3 atb today towards the end. Didn't we do that against Hamilton? I may be remembering it wrong, but I thought lang came on to make a back 3/5 and it did nothing to help. I think mcglynn did good with his subs today. Brs was the obvious one for Spencer. I thought we would see arnott ahead of Mitchell but it got him game time and he generally did alright. As tx said, he was unlucky with a through ball near the end.

1 hour ago, R.R.FC said:

Tait certainly hasn’t been at his best in recent weeks but he has still shown flashes of his quality. Caught on the ball too often today but he still played a couple of excellent passes, particularly one through ball to Zanatta (I think) in the first half.

I think he is suffering a bit from increased expectations too. At the start of the season, he was a promising young player looking to make himself a fixture in the team after being in and out last season. Now he has been signed by one of the best teams in the country for 6 figures and expected to be a key player for us. Fingers crossed he can get back to his best soon.

I don't know what it's like around the rest of the stand but I heard a few folk singling him out for criticism today which was really disappointing. 

He wasn't great today but I didn't think he was that bad either. He was easily better than his QoS performance. 

Someone mentioned previously that he looks to be trying to hard and I would tend to agree with that. 

Really dissapointing to lose the 2 goals.  For as much as Thistle enjoyed a lot of possession, we defended really well until then.

However, we are 5 points away from last seasons points total for 9 games, with 3 left to play and without having really got going yet.  I'll take that.

Long way to go, but an ability to win whilst not playing particularly great is welcome.

Edited by CALDERON

It looked like tait was playing the furthest forward of the 3 cms today. I would guess he was told to play with a bit of freedom in his passing etc. He's trying stuff that didn't always come off. When it did, it was good. He played a beautiful pass in the first half into the corner for zannata to run on to as an example. He's 19 (iirc) and hasn't stopped trying for us.

1 hour ago, CALDERON said:

Really dissapointing to lose the 2 goals.  For as much as Thistle enjoyed a lot of possession, we defended really well until then.

However, we are 5 points away from last seasons points total for 9 games, with 3 left to play and without having really got going yet.  I'll take that.

Long way to go, but an ability to win whilst not playing particularly great is welcome.

If the stats are to believed possession was 50/50

I thought so to, but then Davie mentioned that he mistook Mitchell for Arnott warming up, and that was strange because Arnott wasn’t on the bench.
I hadn't seen the team sheet and just assumed arnott was on it having seen him before the game. Makes sense now that you've said that.

23 minutes ago, grumswall said:
1 hour ago, TxRover said:
 I thought so to, but then Davie mentioned that he mistook Mitchell for Arnott warming up, and that was strange because Arnott wasn’t on the bench.

I hadn't seen the team sheet and just assumed arnott was on it having seen him before the game. Makes sense now that you've said that.

I assume he’ll be on the bench Wednesday with Mitchell in the stands…but who knows.

On first viewing looked like the Partick boy is outside the box for our penalty. Personally don't see the difference between Partick's penalty shout and ours, both instances you've still only got a split second to react to moving your arm out the way. At the time thought Zanatta sclaffed his goal but it was actually a great finish - looks like he enjoyed it 😉

3 minutes ago, Raithie said:

On first viewing looked like the Partick boy is outside the box for our penalty. Personally don't see the difference between Partick's penalty shout and ours, both instances you've still only got a split second to react to moving your arm out the way. At the time thought Zanatta sclaffed his goal but it was actually a great finish - looks like he enjoyed it 😉

Huge difference for me. Partick player had his arm out and moved his body towards the ball on purpose it looked like no idea what he was upto. Whereas not much Benedictus could’ve done.

19 minutes ago, Raithie said:

We sit right in line with this and it was definitely in the box.  There was also much more movement towards the ball than Bene’s, but can see why Thistle were raging at theirs not being awarded. I would have been if it was the other way round. 

You'd think Raith TV would have been able to identify our first goalscorer given the amount of goals he scored for Raith... other than that very impressive highlights package. Doesn't show our other penalty appeal which McCall was adamant about. 

Edited by Fuctifano

16 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

You'd think Raith TV would have been able to identify our first goalscorer given the amount of goals he scored for Raith... other than that very impressive highlights package. Doesn't show our other penalty appeal which McCall was adamant about. 

Was that the push in the back over to the right of the box as we look from the south stand? That looked pretty blatant from our end tbf. 

Edited by Hank Scorpio

Was the other penalty appeal the one where Ross Docherty went down in the box with a defender at his back? I didn't think much of it at the time. Looked like the kind of one Zanatta tries to buy quite a lot by pitching himself forward, just because the defender is touch-tight. 

As for the Benedictus one... I'd have been going tonto if that wasn't given at the other end. As I said at the time, it can only be the proximity that's getting him off the hook, because his arm is away from his body, and the way he turns his back means he's really blocking the shot with it. 

The Cammy Smith one is a stick-on though. Don't know what he thought he was doing in that moment 

25 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Went by the scorers on Sky Sports page/our social media/BBC. To be fair probably should have noticed that one. 

Edited by Roath Raver