Raith Rovers vs Partick Thistle

48 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

Surprised that Riley-Snow's benched, Spencer with Matthews preferred. No doubt BRS will replace one of them at some point later on.

McGlynn has a full squad for a change (Vaughan apart of course), and the bench doesnt look too bad. Zanatta will be extra eager to score, as he did against Ayr.

Boom!

34 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Entertaining start to this one. Zanatta looks motivated and Tumilty overlapping on Ricky Ricardo Foster looks like it could pay dividends, but Thistle look full of threat in the final third. 

I hate watching Brian Graham for the same reason I loved watching him for us. Without ever actually doing anything particularly good, he constantly looks like he's two touches away from the ball being in the back of the net. 

Yup, the way he finds space - his positioning is first class.

Probably a little fortunate to be in the lead. Thistle have been better than we have middle to front, albeit Graham has been very well marshalled by Berra and Benedictus. 

We're really not winning the battle in midfield, and Varian is struggling to impose himself again. I mentioned that Tumilty was getting space to run at Foster and he's been the brightest spark for us going forward. There have been a couple of other forays but his overlaps look like the best bet for a second. Zanatta started very brightly but he's not getting much room to manouvre. Took his goal excellently though. Keeper might not want a second look at it. 

I'd be keen to give Poplatnik a shot to see if he can get a little more involved than Varian, and I expect we'll see BRS before too long. 

We've had more of the ball since the goal (which was indeed buying money) but look quite clueless as to what to do with it in the final third, Raith are good at funneling everything out to McKenna on the right and he once again looks every inch a centre back playing at right back. Tiffoney been really poor on the other wing and the defence is heart in mouth stuff 24/7

Also hard to be 100% from the stream but the Raith chance just before they scored looked over the line. Much like against Killie last week we don't take advantage of bits of fortune. 

1 minute ago, Fuctifano said:

We've had more of the ball since the goal (which was indeed buying money) but look quite clueless as to what to do with it in the final third, Raith are good at funneling everything out to McKenna on the right and he once again looks every inch a centre back playing at right back. Tiffoney been really poor on the other wing and the defence is heart in mouth stuff 24/7

Also hard to be 100% from the stream but the Raith chance just before they scored looked over the line. Much like against Killie last week we don't take advantage of bits of fortune. 

The goal line clearance looked well called, not over the line to me.

3 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Probably a little fortunate to be in the lead. Thistle have been better than we have middle to front, albeit Graham has been very well marshalled by Berra and Benedictus. 

We're really not winning the battle in midfield, and Varian is struggling to impose himself again. I mentioned that Tumilty was getting space to run at Foster and he's been the brightest spark for us going forward. There have been a couple of other forays but his overlaps look like the best bet for a second. Zanatta started very brightly but he's not getting much room to manouvre. Took his goal excellently though. Keeper might not want a second look at it. 

I'd be keen to give Poplatnik a shot to see if he can get a little more involved than Varian, and I expect we'll see BRS before too long. 

Agree on Poplatnik for Varian, would like BRS for either Spencer (preferred) or Tait and Fotheringham for Connolly.

1 hour ago, Raith_Raver said:

Surprised that Riley-Snow's benched, Spencer with Matthews preferred. No doubt BRS will replace one of them at some point later on.

McGlynn has a full squad for a change (Vaughan apart of course), and the bench doesnt look too bad. Zanatta will be extra eager to score, as he did against Ayr.

I thought Riley-Snow was terrible at Celtic Park, our worst player by a mile. 

Did think he played well at Morton, but he was a rabbit in the headlights on Thursday, so feels like a sensible change. 

Can’t say I’ve been impressed here though. Midfield has been totally overrun, we’ve barely troubled them in their final third, and again, we’re entirely reliant on our back four blocking and heading everything and Dario Zanatta firing one in from 20 yards. 

It doesn’t feel like a sure fire way to success, but admittedly we’re winning, so what do I know?  

I know the focus has been on bringing in a forward before the loan window ends, and that’s very much still the case, but we need something else in the middle of the park too.

Which in fairness was the case before the main transfer window closed in August. 

Huge save to stop Tumilty from Sneddon a couple of minutes ago. I get the feeling a second would put Thistle right out of the game, but we're living dangerously. 

I can only assume the referee hasn't given that penalty because Benedictus (I think) was so close to the ball when it was struck, because it certainly looked like it hit his hand, which was out from his body.