Raith Rovers vs Partick Thistle

On 21/09/2021 at 09:00, Raithie said:

Acht we'll beat Celtic on Thursday, pump Partick on Sunday and then get a bumper home crowd for our game on Tuesday against Dunfermline.....we'll win that as well.

I love your optimism but we play the shitey Pars on Wednesday. 

1 hour ago, Maine said:

What’s the news on Hastie? Is he fit or just another standard shite OF youth with a bad attitude.

Hastie is classic case of a young player being wasted by the Ugly Sisters. He's back-up for Tiffoney with only one sub appearance so far IIRC. 

Even with our thin squad, Hastie didn't even make the bench against Killie on Saturday. Smith and Murray are ahead of him atm. He'll have to improve to extend his loan past January.

On 22/09/2021 at 12:32, Maine said:

What’s the news on Hastie? Is he fit or just another standard shite OF youth with a bad attitude.

Hard to tell so far. He looked good when he came on vs Morton but he was playing against some proper diddies. He then came on vs ICT and was dreadful. The ball just hit off everytime.

21 minutes ago, Reid said:

Already fully prepared to be ragin when Zanatta scores the winner on sunday. He was an absolute wage thief.

I do think he has attitude problems; his second booking yesterday had a "I don't give a f**k" look about it. But McGlynn has him playing well, which is the main thing.

On 22/09/2021 at 13:45, Bishop Briggs said:

Hastie is classic case of a young player being wasted by the Ugly Sisters. He's back-up for Tiffoney with only one sub appearance so far IIRC. 

Even with our thin squad, Hastie didn't even make the bench against Killie on Saturday. Smith and Murray are ahead of him atm. He'll have to improve to extend his loan past January.

Hastie was injured last week, that’s why he wasn’t in the squad. 

1 hour ago, Bishop Briggs said:

I hadn't seen anything on the injury until Archie commented on it in today's preview.

I thought I had heard it somewhere after the game but can’t remember where, but yeah as you say confirmed by Archie in the preview today. Hopefully back for Sunday. 

Edited by JagsCG

My perception is the season is a bit ‘all over the place’ so far both for the club and for my good self. It all seems a bit disjointed. I’ve only made a couple of games and neither of them were league games. The club seem to be doing pretty well with a couple of good away wins and the League Cup campaign. At home we’ve only managed to finish two league games - the 4-0 to 4-4 collapse to Accies and the defeat to QoS.

Losing our best player (Vaughan) is a blow. Now Keatings has been sent on loan to Montrose, we seem a bit light up front. As always, you assume McGlynn is on top of things.

It would be good if we could get a couple of home wins to settle the season down, starting with Thistle tomorrow.