Seven years on

Richey Edwards

On 25/09/2021 at 21:37, The_Kincardine said:

Worse than that.  The idiot regional assembly in Holyrood want to make the word 'woman' a dog whistle.

You need to rid yourself of your colonial mindset brother, Holyrood is the seat of the Scottish Parliament.  Our parliament was reconvened and at anytime it can revoke the Treaty of Union, just like other countries under international law can revoke treaties. 

As for making the word woman a dog whistle I agree, it sucks. 

5 hours ago, Kenneth840 said:

You need to rid yourself of your colonial mindset brother, Holyrood is the seat of the Scottish Parliament.  Our parliament was reconvened and at anytime it can revoke the Treaty of Union, just like other countries under international law can revoke treaties. 

As for making the word woman a dog whistle I agree, it sucks. 

OK I know Scotland has punched above its weight in our unitary nation state but 'colonial mindset' is taking it a bit far.  To see England as a colony is a bit much.

However, thinking that the Wendy House Council can 'revoke the Treaty of Union' did give me a laugh.  As posts like this often prompt me to say:  The less you know about Scotland the more likely you are to be a Nat.

7 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

OK I know Scotland has punched above its weight in our unitary nation state but 'colonial mindset' is taking it a bit far.  To see England as a colony is a bit much.

The racists’ fetishised view of hundreds of years of British colonial abuses. 

The lies that were pedalled last time round were baseless crap if anyone bothered looking deep enough.

They came from a political class that isn't fit to run a bath, never mind a country.

Sadly not enough fellow Scots are  politically attuned, so they believed the crap they were being fed at the time.

However the next time it comes around at latest 2023. These lies cannot be regurgitated. 

Any promises that are made will be worthless as you can point to the sham of  "The vow".

The political gang currently running Britain into the ground, are a godsend to the Indy cause. They are the gift that keeps giving.

If we were such a drain on the UK and such a hopeless case you would think they would be happy to see the back of us.

However this is the biggest lie of all. We have such a surplus of energy and water, we supply England who are in deficit in these areas.

We provide far more than we take in many areas within Britain.

The credit agency that fixes credit ratings for countries worldwide, was quoted at the time as saying that Scotland had the potential to be the in the top 20 wealthiest countries in the world.

Oil was and always is an extra.

I am in no way anti English, and I would welcome them  north when we get indy. As they too will want to leave the shitshow that is Westminster rule.

The Tories are running Britain into the ground and think they can do as they please. Their aloofness will be their downfall. It has already begun, its inevitable.

The SNP are far from perfect but they are miles ahead of the Tories and any other party in Britain.

As for "Wendy House Parliament" comment.  Shows how politically naive some are. Westminster has been ripping the pish out of the British public for years. It has become turbocharged under the current sham we refer to as a "government".

We left the EU because the Tories didn't want their ill gotten gains removed by the anti tax avoidance laws that the EU want to bring in soon.

To add to that, the EU demanded parity regards state pensions. Tories didn't want that they'd rather our pensioners had one of the worst state pensions in the developed world, struggle to heat their homes and die as a result.

Britain could have been great but Westminster and its insidious greed and absolute lack of empathy has completely f**ked it.

Independence is inevitable.

On 03/10/2021 at 00:46, Father Ted said:

However this is the biggest lie of all. We have such a surplus of energy and water, we supply England who are in deficit in these areas.

Let’s be clear on this. It’s the Highlands and Islands that has a surplus of energy and water. The only thing the Central Belt had a surplus of is gentrified town centres.

1 hour ago, G51 said:

Let’s be clear on this. It’s the Highlands and Islands that has a surplus of energy and water. The only thing the Central Belt had a surplus of is gentrified town centres.

and marches 

2 hours ago, G51 said:

And in which country might one find the Highlands and Islands? 

Other means of production and income generation are available in the central belt. 

Let's be clear, we're talking about countries here. We're not taking this down to the point where, for example, Birmingham is good (aye, I know) but Stoke is a midden so only Birmingham should be recognised. 

5 hours ago, G51 said:

UK nationalists: “I hate independence! Scotland should never get to be independent because independence is bad!”

Also UK nationalists:

”Hmph! The Highlands and Islands should be independent!”

I’ve often wondered if BritNat opposition for Scottish independence - and simultaneous desire for the independence from Scotland of literally anywhere in the nation they think has value - is evidence that … well, those particular BritNats really do just hate Scotland with a burning passion. 

On 18/09/2021 at 21:07, Glen Sannox said:

I voted no and vividly remember them trying to sell us this, with no currency plan and oil at millions of dollars a barrel. Fast forward 7 years and oil is taboo and they’ve still no currency plan. I think the Union is safe for a while yet, even with the most incompetent PM that Britain has ever seen. It’s dead in the water.

What is the issue with currency do you think? What do you need to know, and why?