Seven years on

Richey Edwards

Would vote yes again. No doubt things would be hard at first but for me, making our own decisions is what it's all about. When you see the current harridan of a Home Secretary almost explode with ecstacy at the prospect of men, women and children drowning in the English Channel then, f**k me, that's inhumane. England will vote for this again and again and again and again. f**k that.

IMG_20140918_094532.jpg

12 minutes ago, Glen Sannox said:

I voted no and vividly remember them trying to sell us this, with no currency plan and oil at millions of dollars a barrel. Fast forward 7 years and oil is taboo and they’ve still no currency plan. I think the Union is safe for a while yet, even with the most incompetent PM that Britain has ever seen. It’s dead in the water.

Isn’t a total lack of plan (which isn’t true if the 2014 Yes campaign) and forecasts of economic doom exactly what had you rushing to support independence from the EU? I wonder how many pro-EU folk thought our position was safe for a while prior to 2016…

Imagine arguing against being an independent country. Imagine thinking being aligned with what's coming out of Westminster is better than being an independent country. There is no "better together". Is what we have at the moment as good as it gets? Look at the policies coming out of Westminster. We can do better. So it's a Yes from me again.

22 minutes ago, speckled tangerine said:

"SCOTCH"

Here we go again. More derogatory pish from Buckinghamshire's laugh a minute Uncle Tam.

Buckie or Bucks is immaterial, mate.  We're all Brits.

Shame that the Yes Favelas of G'gow, Dundee and N Lanarks are trying to drag the rest of Scotland out of Britain against its will.

42 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Of Britain's referendums in 2014 and 2016 we got one right and the other wrong.

Incredibly, the Scotch Nats want another go to make and arse of themselves alongside their English cousins.

Thankfully, the chances of this happening are slim.

What a sanctimonious, juniper-addicted fanny of the plus haute ordeur you are.  Same old "Scotch" & "Nats" pish spouted ad nauseum when your (extremely low) limit is tipped with the juice of the berries.

Was it you in the video captured at Stamford Bridge V Aston Villa by any chance ??

2 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Buckie or Bucks is immaterial, mate.  We're all Brits.

Shame that the Yes Favelas of G'gow, Dundee and N Lanarks are trying to drag the rest of Scotland out of Britain against its will.

And yet you are happy for Scotland to have been dragged out of Europe by racist cesspits in England and Wales. That about sums up your pretence of being anti-“Natter”.

Just now, hearthammer said:

What a sanctimonious, juniper-addicted fanny of the plus haute ordeur you are.  Same old "Scotch" & "Nats" pish spouted ad nauseum when your (extremely low) limit is tipped with the juice of the berries.

He’s a self-hating (and I’m sympathetic with him on that score; he’s eminently hateable), xenophobic, far-right racist. Don’t expect Oscar Wilde.

19 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

In addition, I want to see someone paint a compelling picture of what independence will look like in the next 5, 10 and 15 years.

In return I demand the same for the Union. Nobody has a clue for either m8. We've just been through 4 years of Trump in America and Boris fucking Johnson is in charge of the UK, how much more insane could it possibly get?

Edited by welshbairn

11 minutes ago, Antlion said:

He’s a self-hating (and I’m sympathetic with him on that score; he’s eminently hateable), xenophobic, far-right racist. Don’t expect Oscar Wilde.

And his main xenophobia is targeted on the land of his birth.  Sums him up perfectly with his smug anglicised "I'm in the boat - shove off" mentality.  Fanny.

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

In return I demand the same for the Union. Nobody has a clue for either m8.

“I don’t like the overbearing SNP and their lack of planning, therefore I’ll in good conscious vote for Boris Johnson’s Brexit Britain in blind faith.” Checks out. 

9735EE4A-3A3C-4252-9C19-C78559C878EE.jpeg

0DB89FFC-38C5-4183-B6EF-3FD70B014E48.jpeg

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

In return I demand the same for the Union. Nobody has a clue for either m8.

I'll help you out mate for the Union side. 5 years time- I'll be working harder than ever but be worse off than ever before in financial terms.

10 years time- incinerated by a Chinese nuclear device as a direct result of some impotent little Englander Tory c**t waving his flaccid schlong pretending that the UK is a "major power".

I spoiled my paper.

I have already given several long explanations why so I won't repeat them.

Have now completely flipped and until a few weeks ago was a member of the SNP. I will still vote Yes - my concerns are over the authoritarian streak in the SNP - my support for independence has not changed.

1 hour ago, Glen Sannox said:

I voted no and vividly remember them trying to sell us this, with no currency plan and oil at millions of dollars a barrel. Fast forward 7 years and oil is taboo and they’ve still no currency plan. I think the Union is safe for a while yet, even with the most incompetent PM that Britain has ever seen. It’s dead in the water.

There were four currency plans, Glen.  Why do you need to lie for your beloved union? Is it because the truth is indefensible?

2 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

I don't understand your motivation whatsoever. Why would a political party stop you from voting yes if you actually believed in independence?

You’re voting for fucking morons M9, who would f**k a church raffle up, do you actually think they could carry this off ?? 

21 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

You’re voting for fucking morons M9, who would f**k a church raffle up, do you actually think they could carry this off ?? 

Indeed.  Scotland has been lucky enough to have had a seven year preview of independence and, even with The Barnett Bonus, is a complete shitshow.

Imagine what it would be like without the (approx) £2k per annum per capita premium.

15 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Indeed.  Scotland has been lucky enough to have had a seven year preview of independence and, even with The Barnett Bonus, is a complete shitshow.

Imagine what it would be like without the (approx) £2k per annum per capita premium.

Baby boxes though eh. This devolved parliament has been a disaster. They have no interest in making it work 

12 minutes ago, Antlion said:

Unlike the bright future of Brexit Britain, expertly managed by Johnson and his team?

Yet you want brexit x 10 thrust upon us, managed by even bigger c***s

It never ceases to amaze me that, no matter how bad it gets in the UK, in some peoples opinion, independence will be worse.
How many of the 62 countries who have gained independence from the UK, thought things were so bad, that they asked to again be ruled by Westminster?

9 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

Baby boxes though eh. This devolved parliament has been a disaster. They have no interest in making it work 

I've said multiple times on here some variation of, "Govern your way to independence" but, instead of decent administration, Scotland has the worst governance of all of the devolved regions of our unitary nation.

The worm has turned, though.  We're beginning to see just how fucking useless these partitionists actually are in doing what should be a prosaically simply task.