Scottish Parliament f**k-ups

Scary Bear

Perhaps not the SP's fault as such but the whole Parliament building f**k up.

The wrong architect with the wrong design in the wrong place. There was a perfectly good building in the High School they could have used but Oor Donald and Labour had to make their mark.

How is the Forth crossing a f**k up? It should have been a tunnel granted but it was built to time and on budget which is a rare thing in the UK.

And if the original bridge had been properly maintained over the years we might not have needed it.

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

Perhaps not the SP's fault as such but the whole Parliament building f**k up.

The wrong architect with the wrong design in the wrong place. There was a perfectly good building in the High School they could have used but Oor Donald and Labour had to make their mark.

Bit harsh to have a go at the Scottish Parliament for that.

1 hour ago, Elric said:

The Sick Kids hospital in Edinburgh instantly springs to mind and also issues with the QEUH in Glasgow. 

The Forth Crossing has to be another.

The issues around the Sick Kids hospital is a good call. That is a f**k up. The issues with the ‘Death Star’ are more shitty maintenance from shitty contractors and are down to the state of the building industry.

The forth crossing, not so much a f**k up, unless you wanted a tunnel. The ice falling thing is a pain, but my guess is this was possibly value engineered out. 

17 minutes ago, BFTD said:

The merging of the regional police forces sounded like it was a collosal clusterfuck.

Anyone know if it's operating better now, or was the whole idea inherent flawed?

I think it was the wrong decision and there was a lack of honesty as to why it was done.  Imo it was about saving money.

As with other finance driven policies, until we have total control of our own finances it’s always going to be an issue that cannot be fully blamed on the SG.

26 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Same could be asked of the Fire Service 

I've not heard much about that, so any chat about it would be appreciated.

I do remember a rumour a while back that there were plans to close the fire stations in Clackmannanshire and Stirling, then replace them with a station closer to Falkirk, which sounded absolutely terrifying. But it never happened, so was hopefully bullshit.

5 hours ago, BFTD said:

The merging of the regional police forces sounded like it was a collosal clusterfuck.

Anyone know if it's operating better now, or was the whole idea inherent flawed?

I knew P&B would sniff out and remember the complete f**k ups.

Police Scotland’s motto should be we f**k up. What’s that in Gaelic?

6 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I think it was the wrong decision and there was a lack of honesty as to why it was done.  Imo it was about saving money.

As with other finance driven policies, until we have total control of our own finances it’s always going to be an issue that cannot be fully blamed on the SG.

I don't remember any dishonesty but I do remember the selling point that the change would lead to efficiencies.

What's wrong with that?

5 minutes ago, sophia said:

I don't remember any dishonesty but I do remember the selling point that the change would lead to efficiencies.

What's wrong with that?

Don’t see any efficiencies or improvements and if you’re doing it to save money then say so.

14 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Don’t see any efficiencies or improvements and if you’re doing it to save money then say so.

I recall a huge efficiency gain on overheads and that I do indicates that they were transparent.

There was a time when trained police officers were getting overtime rates to act as lollypop ladies persons to direct fans across the Kessock Bridge to ICT's stadium. It was almost extortion.

This would have been sanctioned and even positively managed by local police leaders. I don't accept that policy developed locally is always better by definition.

Kezia Dugdale pressing the wrong button on a vote. Reminded me of the I'm Alan Partridge bit along the lines of "oh right so when the tv said "do you want to watch bangkok chick boys" you thought the No button was the Yes button on your remote. Do you want me to show you where the No button is?"