Cove v Diamonds - 25 September

14 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

I am assuming I need to set aside a 3 hour drive on the safe side?

I am using train to Aberdeen. Looks to be an easily enough place on South East of Aberdeen to get to by car; but still  a 2 and a half hour drive I believe.

This will be the first away game of the season for me. I have seen a game at the Balmoral before but this will be my first time watching Airdrie there so I am looking forward to it. We should be going up there with confidence and aiming to get a result after our recent run of form. Cove will no doubt feel the same. Fingers crossed McCabe will be back and Josh Kerr and the others with niggles will all be fully fit. 

On 19/09/2021 at 21:30, airdrieman said:

This will be the first away game of the season for me. I have seen a game at the Balmoral before but this will be my first time watching Airdrie there so I am looking forward to it. We should be going up there with confidence and aiming to get a result after our recent run of form. Cove will no doubt feel the same. Fingers crossed McCabe will be back and Josh Kerr and the others with niggles will all be fully fit. 

What game did you see at Balmoral out of interest?

Airdrie are definitely on the up. I expect a different Airdrie this time around with more midfield creativity in Easton, Agnew and Frizzell but maybe missing a battler in CM. Solid defence as normal and still got goalscorers.

Cove are looking tighter defensively as of late and if we can get Strachan back in for Morgyn Neill we'll strengthen yet again.

We will likely start Vigurs and Fyvie in central midfield who although can dictate the tempo of the game they aren't breaking the lines often and getting past the strikers. Fyvie I do rate highly.

We only have 3 goalscorers (Mitch, Rory and Leitch) in our opening first 7 league games. We definitely need others to chip in.

Mitch hasn't scored in any of his last 4 games, doesn't normally go this long without one so I would almost bank on him scoring on Saturday.

21 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

What game did you see at Balmoral out of interest?

Airdrie are definitely on the up. I expect a different Airdrie this time around with more midfield creativity in Easton, Agnew and Frizzell but maybe missing a battler in CM. Solid defence as normal and still got goalscorers.

Cove are looking tighter defensively as of late and if we can get Strachan back in for Morgyn Neill we'll strengthen yet again.

We will likely start Vigurs and Fyvie in central midfield who although can dictate the tempo of the game they aren't breaking the lines often and getting past the strikers. Fyvie I do rate highly.

We only have 3 goalscorers (Mitch, Rory and Leitch) in our opening first 7 league games. We definitely need others to chip in.

Mitch hasn't scored in any of his last 4 games, doesn't normally go this long without one so I would almost bank on him scoring on Saturday.

It was Cove 3-0 Queen's Park at the end of August 2019. I'd previously completed the 42 before Cove replaced Berwick so with that and now staying in the south side of Glasgow/in front of where the QP supporters' bus leaves from it seemed too good an opportunity to miss. With hindsight it now seems like an even smarter move with Covid and the possibility of our teams passing each other by up a league. Very different Queen's Park side to what they have now! An enjoyable day out but it's never quite the same when it isn't your team. Looking forward to it. 

27 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

It was Cove 3-0 Queen's Park at the end of August 2019. I'd previously completed the 42 before Cove replaced Berwick so with that and now staying in the south side of Glasgow/in front of where the QP supporters' bus leaves from it seemed too good an opportunity to miss. With hindsight it now seems like an even smarter move with Covid and the possibility of our teams passing each other by up a league. Very different Queen's Park side to what they have now! An enjoyable day out but it's never quite the same when it isn't your team. Looking forward to it. 

I'm trying to remember that game, was there and do remember Dan Higgins opening the scoring.

Those were the days we had Declan Glass who was outstanding for us, Matty Smith who I thought had something about him and Canto who I still think would get game time for us now.  

8 of the players that started that day are still in our starting XI

Salim up top for Queen's.

Yes much better watching your own side in action 👌

Screenshot_20210922-181430.jpg

Edited by CoveRangers1922

Buzzing for this, first away day for me in donkeys. Hope both McCabe and Kerr are okay for this one as it seems the type of game we will need McCabe back in midfield up against the likes of Fyvie etc. Heard that Kerr only got taken off last week as a precaution due to cramp so hopefully that is true. Not an easy place to go, would love to come away with all 3 points but wouldn’t be overly disappointed with a draw. Roll on Saturday, Mon the diamonds[emoji815]️

3 hours ago, Spanish Armada said:

Does any of the Cove Fans know if there's gonna be a PPV Stream as there's only the option to buy a Season Pass?!?!?

If you go to the below URL you should be able to purchase a single game. Think it was only showing a season pass for me this morning too.

https://coverangersfc.univtec.com/event/614dfc5baef4b66edf8a7081

17 minutes ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

Stream's stopped on 57:06 as if it's finished. Refreshing the page restarts the stream from before kick off and when I skip ahead it just reaches 57:06 again and stops. Anyone else watching the stream experiencing this?

Yes having same issue it’s rediculas to be honest