Peterhead v Cove

Will be at Balmoor for this tomorrow. We'll be much improved from the 3-1 tanking we took a few weeks ago in the Premier Sports cup match.

I think we're turning the corner and close to finding our form. With almost a full compliment of players we should be able to field our best XI minus Blair Yule who is missing from a controversial sending off against Montrose. 

McKenzie back in goals, the ball boy on the bench and our best back 4 hopefully starting should mean tighter at the back and hopefully we can get back to clean sheets like last season.

Mitch and Rory have 9 league goals between them and are clicking as a partnership.

Hopefully Draper is nowhere near our squad.

Peterhead have many players I rate including Lyall Cameron, Scott Brown , Rust and Payne.

Fingers crossed for an entertaining game.

Cove line up this today.

Strachan misses out as is self isolating (last game) which means Morgyn Neill plays AGAIN. The boy is never ill or injured it seems and is getting far more games than he should.

Scully will play in a 3 man centre mid with no right winger. Like last week Shay Logan will play both RB/RW. Leitch, who has been relatively poor is cleared not favoured.

Screenshot_20210918-135724.jpg

Edited by CoveRangers1922

3 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Cove line up this today.

Strachan misses out as is self isolating (last game) which means Morgyn Neill plays AGAIN. The boy is never ill or injured it seems and is getting far more games than he should.

Scully will play in a 3 man centre mid with no right winger. Like last week Shay Logan will play both RB/RW. Leitch, who has been relatively poor is cleared not favoured.

Screenshot_20210918-135724.jpg

Full time and ends with a narrow 1-0 Cove win.

A lacklustre slog of a game whichever looked to be heading towards a goalless draw only for a stupid hand ball which led to a pen dispatched by Rory.

Cove can feel fortunate to pick up 3 points, although we had the better half chances there was little quality on show.

1 goal conceded in the last 3 games with Stuart back in goals. That was a pen.

Scott Brown a stand out for me.

Wish i had put my money where my mouth was today, said before leaving the house Gavin Duncan will give Cove a pen & Rory will put it away, fair play to him he did what he was expected to do but showed a bit of decorum after slotting it away. Scott Ross on the other hand came over to the side shouting & bawling all sorts of obscenities to folk that used to pay his wages, hopefully he gets the worst of one of his wild tackles & suffers for it. As for the game fairly even affair, at the time nobody seemed to know if the ref had given a pen or a freekick to us but we should know not to give a ref any excuse as we always come out on the wrong end of things

15 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Wish i had put my money where my mouth was today, said before leaving the house Gavin Duncan will give Cove a pen & Rory will put it away, fair play to him he did what he was expected to do but showed a bit of decorum after slotting it away. Scott Ross on the other hand came over to the side shouting & bawling all sorts of obscenities to folk that used to pay his wages, hopefully he gets the worst of one of his wild tackles & suffers for it. As for the game fairly even affair, at the time nobody seemed to know if the ref had given a pen or a freekick to us but we should know not to give a ref any excuse as we always come out on the wrong end of things

I thought we had stopped blaming referees for our poor form - I think giving away 5 penalties in 7 games cannot all be down to bad refereeing.