Rangers Vs Motherwell

This Van Veen fella, bit of a hot-head then?
Not a hothead as such - like a Morelos as an example.
It's more constant shithousery, persistent niggles etc - Although you suspect he has a moment of madness in him.
Not scared of to put in a tackle either.

8 minutes ago, Richie said:

It's more constant shithousery, persistent niggles etc - Although you suspect he has a moment of madness in him.

Sounds like the kind of forward that Goldson has struggled with in the past.

It's early days with him obviously but Van Veen is interesting to me as he has spent his entire career at the lowest levels of English football but looks like he's got the tools to have played at a higher level - so I'm waiting to see what the catch is (other than the fact that he tackles like a Centre Forward) as he's superb value.

If he can continue to look decent at Ibrox against a better team than he's faced so far and keeps things going as he has been - I'll be more confused as to why Scunthorpe has been the pinnacle of his career before now.

55 minutes ago, Richie said:

I think the thing with van Veen is that he feels like someone who hasn't quite adjusted to the erm...nuances of Scottish fitba' and specifically Scottish refereeing.

Which in itself isn't that surprising as he's only just in the door but the flip of that is that on initial impressions I genuinely don't think he gives a f**k either way. He's absolutely not here for Willie Collum's bullshit or the unspoken idea that you're supposed to treat certain teams with "respect".

Him getting the entire Aberdeen bench bent out of shape to the point they're getting themselves booked and sent off just by him being him was special. That's a talent. It's a skill.

Edited by capt_oats

Fashion Sakala to take on the mantle of only scoring against Motherwell and nae c**t else, now that Cedric Itten has moved on.  NAP.

If we're somehow winning this game in the 2nd half, then the 5-5-0 under Robinson last season will seem like Brazil 1970 compared to what Alexander will have up his sleeve. 

As far as I'm aware, Alexander has only faced Rangers & Celtic twice (1-1 at FP v Rangers) and (1-2 away to Celtic) and we've given a good account of ourselves on both occasions.  I'm interested to see how we get on here.  

Have had thoughts along these lines too.

Alexander likes us to sit in and hold a lead with 20 mins to go and it's worked tbh, but its a completely different proposition at Ibrox - Rangers would really have to have an off-day in terms of delivery/finishing.
Stranger things have happened though.

Expecting a defeat and as others have said, I'm fairly certain we won't end the game with 11 on the park - Van Veen has all the qualities to get sent off here, particularly as its an incredibly easy option for a ref at a full/hostile Ibrox anyway.
I think you're right in terms of needing Rangers to have an off day. For all we were pretty comfortable in the end against Aberdeen, they had plenty of shots but anything they got on target they put straight at Kelly. A team with half decent finishers could well have scored a few.

Talk of 'needing Rangers to have an off day' is giving me terrible flashbacks of Stuart McCall's pre-match interviews at Ibrox *shudder*. I just think if that's your mindset before one of these games then you're defeated before you even leave the dressing room.

Hopefully Alexander and the current squad will be looking at it as an opportunity to go top of the league!

Talk of 'needing Rangers to have an off day' is giving me terrible flashbacks of Stuart McCall's pre-match interviews at Ibrox *shudder*. I just think if that's your mindset before one of these games then you're defeated before you even leave the dressing room.
Hopefully Alexander and the current squad will be looking at it as an opportunity to go top of the league!
Agree with this and hate it as well. I was more talking specifically in the context of the 'sitting in and inviting pressure with 20 to go' mantra vs the quality they have.
That sort of tactic rarely ends well at Ibrox.

Credit where it is due £9.99 for those of us that are locked out is a good price to watch KVV and his marauding cohorts.

Just a shame that the email they are meant to send to activate the account seems to have been diverted to Dundee.

Have rangers found another shite striker that's only job is to score against us?

I will predict that VV will punch the ref on every match thread until he inevitably does it. My only doubt is whether he does that before or after headbutting a steward.

I don't have much expectation for a result, but I will be disappointed if Sunday night isn't full of rangers fans telling on Motherwell players on Twitter with screenshots and demanding statements.

As an aside, I'm starting a petition to get volcano man on the tannoy rotation.

1 hour ago, rowsdower said:

Have rangers found another shite striker that's only job is to score against us?

Ahem... 

4 hours ago, Desp said:

Fashion Sakala to take on the mantle of only scoring against Motherwell and nae c**t else, now that Cedric Itten has moved on.  NAP.  

12 minutes ago, ropy said:

Will Motherwell’s warm up be interrupted while the cinchless flag that was ordered on-line gets hoisted?

The Netherlands Passes Historic Child Labour Due Diligence Bill - ICI Cocoa  Initiative

Online you say? It came from a souless sweatshop made by impoverished children probably, very on brand for them.

As for paying 10 quid, put "Redit Soccer Streams" into google and ensure you have an ad blocker, pretty much HD and no money in their pockets. Win win

Well the day is here and for a while we can dream of going top. We never beat Rangers, we’re huge underdogs yet again, and we’re not going to finish in the top four regardless. But just to go top, even for a week, would put a huge smile on the faces of many Well supporters.

I think this will go down to whether Van Veen wants to show off his skills. Having read reports from some of his previous managers of their frustrations with him. God like in some games and completely and utterly anonymous in others. Hopefully GA has the key to unlock some consistency.

I have been well impressed so far with him his touch at times are sublime. From his videos of previous finishes, his cheeky lobs over keepers and his uncanny ability to wind up everyone in the opposition team, management and fans has me excited about what he could do in this game if he wants to. Just hope he can stay on long enough to show it all as I feel he is always a baw hair away from getting sent off in most games.

Just hope others can also raise their game especially the likes of Woolery who needs to use that huge build more to bully back lines and get in behind them. I am sure Watt will have an interesting day just because of his past links to Celtic. I think he will be huge today.

Also a great test for our new Nordic central defence. Can't wait to watch this. It will be either a great victory or a complete shambles I cannot see it going any other way.