Rangers Vs Motherwell

1 minute ago, Swello said:

I've been there plenty of times - seething at timewasting as a proxy for seething at my own team for being shite on the day.

I'm sure we're not alone in being absolute heads-gone seething messes at some of Tomas Cerny's antics over the years.

As @AJF said, it's horrible when it's happening to your team, but great when your team is perfecting that game management.  Considering the subs, injuries, Motherwell taking their time when needed and Rangers being at 1-1 at home after 90 minutes, six minutes added on was about right. 

7 minutes ago, Desp said:

I'm sure we're not alone in being absolute heads-gone seething messes at some of Tomas Cerny's antics over the years.

He was so blatant at it, that I actually came to almost respect him for it (but not during the game obviously). Accies used to start time wasting at 0-0 and if when they took the lead, they really went to town.

To me, it's not timewasting itself that gets me mad - it's the referee ineffectually pointing to his watch 10 times before running up for a word with the keeper on the 93rd minute mark (by which time, he's added on 4 minutes as a punishment) 

The 6 minute thing on Saturday was funny as I can't recall ever seeing that number on a board at Fir Park, even in an Accies game.

25 minutes ago, Richie said:

I didn't really see excessive timewasting.
Maybe people are conflating Rangers frustrations at conceding multiple silly fouls.
Kelly was taking a bit, but he usually does and as already said, McGregor was at the other end.
Ojala received a bit of treatment, but had to go off.
O'Donnell got a whack in the nads, which isn't fun.
Tavernier also went down for a bit IIRC and Goldson noticeably took his time at one point.

Was nowhere near the levels of Romanov-era Hearts' antics.

Of course we tried to slow things down, although when Ojala went down with a real injury Rangers made a double substitution and we brought on Lamie so this didn’t really add to the delay.  Refs don’t usually add the full time on but this time he did so we didn’t gain any advantage.

I’ve got more of a problem with the burliest of burly defenders wanting to go up for the ball with arms, elbows and knees flailing like a kid mashing buttons at tekken, then falling over when a stiff breeze hits them and complaining furiously to the ref about both. 

shite like that costs teams when it comes to Europe because other association refs have eyes and competence. 

1 hour ago, Orbix said:

I’ve got more of a problem with the burliest of burly defenders wanting to go up for the ball with arms, elbows and knees flailing like a kid mashing buttons at tekken, then falling over when a stiff breeze hits them and complaining furiously to the ref about both. 

shite like that costs teams when it comes to Europe because other association refs have eyes and competence. 

Please tell me the rest of Scottish Football isn't getting blamed again for Rangers getting pumped in Europe? Just tell me I've misread the word salad that's above.

Are we back in the mid 90s?

1 hour ago, Orbix said:

I see...

So Rangers are shite in Europe because our refs lets them get away with offside goals and stonewall penalties.

2 hours ago, Orbix said:

On a weekend when Ryan Bowman scored, this seemed like the perfect opportunity to post a nostalgic picture of Fabio Cardoso, but on refection it's really not worth the tears and snotters.

Cry more pls.