Rangers Vs Motherwell

I’m starting to think the only rangers fans complaining about us time wasting are the subway loyal since they’re never in the ground long enough to see rangers do it when they’re winning.

Also folk having a go at Kelly for it when rangers have MacGregor in goals, who I remember going down with ‘cramp’ for ages while taking a goal kick in the last couple of minutes during our last game at Ibrox is humouring.

Just now, AJF said:

Everybody hates when an opposition team time wastes but love it when their own team do it effectively. It's a legitimate tactic, but that doesn't mean you need to like it.

Most fan bases don't blame it for not winning.  And rant about it for 24+ hours.  

The reason Rangers didn't win was because they were not good enough.  Some would argue, without the officials they would not have been good enough to draw either... but instead your fans prefer to blame the other club being mean and a player going down faking injury (who had to be subbed off was to blame 🤷‍♂️

Rangers tried to win a game the way they win games (buying loads of expensive players and making the best of soft refereeing), and we tried to win a game the way we win games (Being big shithouses who can play a bit).

Inconclusive which is better, lets see.

28 minutes ago, Antiochas III said:

Most fan bases don't blame it for not winning.  And rant about it for 24+ hours.  

The reason Rangers didn't win was because they were not good enough.  Some would argue, without the officials they would not have been good enough to draw either... but instead your fans prefer to blame the other club being mean and a player going down faking injury (who had to be subbed off was to blame 🤷‍♂️

Folk are angry about it but I'm not seeing many using it as the reason for not winning. You can be annoyed at the level of time wasting whilst also accepting the team weren't good enough.

Additionally, simply because the goal should've been ruled out doesn't mean that game would've by default finished 1-0 to Well. Life doesn't work like that. And the time wasting was far from one incident, which you know already. But, as I said, it's not the reason we never won - just a common occurrence in football that irritates whatever set of fans is on the receiving end of it.

27 minutes ago, bennett said:

Angry Motherwell fans angry about getting a point.

Quite right.  This Rangers lot have shown themselves to be a bunch of shitebags.  Put them in front of a large, expectant crowd and they fold like a red hot Mars bar.  

Two dropped points, IMO.

1 hour ago, Phillips455 said:

Seems that a lot of Rangers Fans view time wasting as a crime worthy of the death sentence. It's part of the game like it or not. They had over 20 chances and only scored 1. We had 5 chances and scored 1.

I think we should offer a human sacrifice in recompense, Lawless?

36 minutes ago, Desp said:

Quite right.  This Rangers lot have shown themselves to be a bunch of shitebags.  Put them in front of a large, expectant crowd and they fold like a red hot Mars bar.  

Two dropped points, IMO.

That reminded me of a Warburton team a bit yesterday,  you just knew that a wee bit of pressure would see a calamity. 

Anyway despite Covid and various injuries we're still in there, it'll be nice to eventually get a settled team.

I didn't really see excessive timewasting.
Maybe people are conflating Rangers frustrations at conceding multiple silly fouls.
Kelly was taking a bit, but he usually does and as already said, McGregor was at the other end.
Ojala received a bit of treatment, but had to go off.
O'Donnell got a whack in the nads, which isn't fun.
Tavernier also went down for a bit IIRC and Goldson noticeably took his time at one point.

Was nowhere near the levels of Romanov-era Hearts' antics.

5 minutes ago, Richie said:

I didn't really see excessive timewasting.
Maybe people are conflating Rangers frustrations at conceding multiple silly fouls.
Kelly was taking a bit, but he usually does and as already said, McGregor was at the other end.
Ojala received a bit of treatment, but had to go off.
O'Donnell got a whack in the nads, which isn't fun.
Tavernier also went down for a bit IIRC and Goldson noticeably took his time at one point.

Was nowhere near the levels of Romanov-era Hearts' antics.

I think the fact that there weren't many complaints about 6 minutes being added on says enough to be fair. It was referred to as game management by one of your own fans earlier in the thread, which isn't at all inaccurate but it certainly felt excessive at the game.