Rangers Vs Motherwell

Looks like Gerrard is fast realising that he should have left Rangers on a high in the summer. 

Only way is down for him now. He won't be able to repeat an undefeated league title win and a last-16 Europa League run. 

Having a browse about the Rangers cesspit and there is a lot of fuss being made about fans leaving early.

Obviously with us strolling the last 20 minutes in a subdued Ibrox it is becoming an issue. Fans not giving the team a lift or creating an intimidating atmosphere when half of them are checking their watch.

I was noticing that earlier.
The crowd seemed very subdued, tame and not backing their team.
I've been to games at Ibrox where players have visibly shat it because of the crowd -A specific example being the league cup shambles under McCall.
Does make a difference I reckon.

Looks like Gerrard is fast realising that he should have left Rangers on a high in the summer. 
Only way is down for him now. He won't be able to repeat an undefeated league title win and a last-16 Europa League run. 

A second title, and perhaps an LC or SC ribbon would be enough to demonstrate that he’s done a decent job at Ibrox. A job in Europe then beckons, obviously not a ‘big’ post, but enough to cut his teeth on the continent and win something domestically in France or Spain perhaps, before a legitimate claim to the Liverpool job when Klopp leaves.
Just can’t see that he would take a job down in England in the Championship (Forest or Middlesbrough) or somewhere like Newcastle or Villa in the EPL.
This looked like a clear path after winning the title by a stretch last term in Scotland and breaking 9 years of dominance at Parkhead.
At the moment his Rangers side look like they’ve taken a couple of steps backward on the park since this time last year. Imagine that SG is feeling a little frustrated at the moment.

9 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Is it particularly bad for Sunday games because the subway stops about 6 and some people want to make sure they get it? The empty seats were noticeable in the Sportscene highlights.

Fitba aside the subway shutting at 6 here is a fucking joke. Does my nut in.

10 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

A second title, and perhaps an LC or SC ribbon would be enough to demonstrate that he’s done a decent job at Ibrox. A job in Europe then beckons, obviously not a ‘big’ post, but enough to cut his teeth on the continent and win something domestically in France or Spain perhaps, before a legitimate claim to the Liverpool job when Klopp leaves.
Just can’t see that he would take a job down in England in the Championship (Forest or Middlesbrough) or somewhere like Newcastle or Villa in the EPL.
This looked like a clear path after winning the title by a stretch last term in Scotland and breaking 9 years of dominance at Parkhead.
At the moment his Rangers side look like they’ve taken a couple of steps backward on the park since this time last year. Imagine that SG is feeling a little frustrated at the moment.

Gerrard hasn't got the ambition to take a job in europe. Not many brits have it. Who was the last successful british coach in one of the top 4 foreign leagues?

I think he only moves to a EPL team or a top championship side.

Gerrard's dream scenario is that Klopp leaves Liverpool and he gets the call but that seems unlikely to happen for a few years yet.

10 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Gerrard hasn't got the ambition to take a job in europe. Not many brits have it. Who was the last successful british coach in one of the top 4 foreign leagues?

Gerrard's dream scenario is that Klopp leaves Liverpool and he gets the call but that seems unlikely to happen for a few years yet.

He could get a job at one of the Sheffield teams

26 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

John Toshack won La Liga in 1990, the last British manager to win one of the big three continental leagues.

On 17/09/2021 at 04:07, The_Kincardine said:

100% this

This is a very strange of game for a Rangers man to highlight.This Was The day my hatred for all things Rangers was confirmed.  Motherwell 2-0 up and all over them then the crowd could not take any more and invaded  the pitch. The game was changed and Rangers eventually won 5-3. No action taken by the League or the SFA. if my club had been involved in something like this I would want it buried and forgotten about. Yet another shameful day in Rangers history. 

10 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

I am surprised folk are shocked at the subdued crowd or the subway loyal, haven't you ever been to Ibrox?

They also finally took action against the behaviour of their fans by closing a section of the ground.

Fair enough, it was the away section, but it's a start...

3 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

They also finally took action against the behaviour of their fans by closing a section of the ground.

Can't be accused of sectarian singing when there are no away fans or outside media to hear it4a5001b7beea096457f480c8808572428b-09-roll-safe.rsquare_w700.jpg.6729d64832669cdda6e2378e6fd8d091.jpg

1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:

I am surprised folk are shocked at the subdued crowd or the subway loyal, haven't you ever been to Ibrox?

I get that 'Well aren't a big draw for Rangers supporters and that other games are different - but Ibrox is usually a bit of a library when we are there and it was like that yesterday. Tynecastle is another one that gets praise for its atmosphere that is usually pretty quiet when we are there.

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

There were actually fans on Twitter last night moaning about the atmosphere.

One fan was outraged that they started singing ‘UDR4 Full Blown’ in section GF4 and nobody joined in - what a bigoted clown however positive that nobody joined in I suppose.