Rangers Vs Motherwell

15 minutes ago, DMCs said:

What's this offside chat? Anyone got a replay? Some of our fans saying we should have had a penalty for handball too but nothing obvious from my seat in real time.

Came off his chest onto his bicep, I don’t know if that’s a penalty with this year’s rules, Watt got kicked up the arse, I think that one was a penalty

18 minutes ago, DMCs said:

What's this offside chat? Anyone got a replay? Some of our fans saying we should have had a penalty for handball too but nothing obvious from my seat in real time.

The boy started offside, he stayed offside as the play progressed and he was offside when he headered the ball into the net, he was never onside, I would doubt that anyone in the stadium thought it was a goal.  Obviously the officials just ignored the rules.

7 minutes ago, Joe Terrapin said:

Wee slippy saying they should have won 3 or 4 nil. What planet does he inhabit? think the pressures getting to him.

Surely the SFA must severely sanction him for that,  it can't go unpunished. 

11 minutes ago, Joe Terrapin said:

Wee slippy saying they should have won 3 or 4 nil. What planet does he inhabit? think the pressures getting to him.

You’ve taken one snippet of his interview completely out of context in though.

He said he thought we played well box-to-box and if that was rewarded it could’ve resulted in a 3/4 goal win but our quality was lacking in the final third and it’s something we need to learn from.

He said we needed people to step up, be more creative and take our chances and if we had got a second goal he said he felt we’d go on to add more. Not quite as cut and dry as saying we deserved to win 3/4 nil which he did not say at all.

Edited by AJF

13 minutes ago, AJF said:

He said he thought we played well box-to-box and if that was rewarded it could’ve resulted in a 3/4 goal win but our quality was lacking in the final third and it’s something we need to learn from.

He said we needed people to step up, be more creative and take our chances and if we had got a second goal he said he felt we’d go on to add more. Not quite as cut and dry as saying we deserved to win 3/4 nil which he did not say at all.

Did he say the goal was offside?

1 minute ago, ropy said:

Did he say the goal was offside?

I don’t believe so, no. Although I only heard the interview on Clyde SSB which was an edited version from a Sky interview so I don’t know if they questioned him on it.

1 minute ago, AJF said:

I don’t believe so, no. Although I only heard the interview on Clyde SSB which was an edited version from a Sky interview so I don’t know if they questioned him on it.

If that was the case it is difficult to take his overview of the game seriously 

3 minutes ago, ropy said:

If that was the case it is difficult to take his overview of the game seriously 

You can take it however you like, all I’m saying is I don’t know if he was questioned about it or not. I’ve not seen the full interview.

You’ll be hard pressed to find any manager in football that often comes out and voluntarily says “aye, we got away with one there” unless they are specifically questioned about it.

Edited by AJF

Just now, AJF said:

You can take it however you like, all I’m saying is I don’t know if he was questioned about it or not. If not seen the full interview.

You’ll be hard pressed to find any manager in football that often comes out and voluntarily says “aye, we got away with one there” unless they are specifically questioned about it.

But how refreshing if they did 

Just now, ropy said:

But how refreshing if they did 

Without a doubt, it would be. You do see it occasionally, I just don’t think Gerrard is in any way unique in not volunteering up instances where they’ve benefitted from a decision.

Managers often like to play up the “we don’t get decisions” facade. It would be counterproductive if he came out and said that we’ve had a massive slice of luck 😂

5 minutes ago, AJF said:

Without a doubt, it would be. You do see it occasionally, I just don’t think Gerrard is in any way unique in not volunteering up instances where they’ve benefitted from a decision.

Managers often like to play up the “we don’t get decisions” facade. It would be counterproductive if he came out and said that we’ve had a massive slice of luck 😂

I guess a Rangers manager expects to be given that slice of luck 

35 minutes ago, AJF said:

To be fair @Joe Terrapin only has access to BBC content. Jonathan Sutherland obv missed the context you cite when narrating due to ongoing petulance.

Edited by Kapowzer

2 hours ago, ZX1886 said:

Just needs to work on using his right foot.

That incident when he kicked it out for a corner was plain weird.

1 hour ago, Joe Terrapin said:

The man is a rocket

50 minutes ago, AJF said:

If my auntie had baws she'd be ma uncle.