Rangers Vs Motherwell

2 minutes ago, candycelt said:

Motherwell have started the season a lot better than I expected. 11 points from 15 since the opening day defeat to Hibs and today they were only denied a win by a Sakala offside goal. Already got themselves up to 4th. I remember some Well fans were worried at the start of this season too. Alexander is doing a decent job. 

Since the shocker of a Premier Sport Cup groups we went out and signed 3 quality players to fill our problem positions. Ojala and Sol in at Centre Half and Slattery in to strengthen the midfield.

Perhaps your own club could learn from that.

First half good, second half awful.

We actually looked like scoring for a change and created a few decent chances and some half chances that should’ve seen us score more than 1, just a complete lack of quality in the final third yet again.

Second half was completely different and Motherwell settled and played some decent stuff.

Not a disaster given the other result today but improvement is needed massively.

Fair play to Well. Looked decent.

14 minutes ago, Swello said:

Thought he was excellent today- wouldn't automatically drop him next week despite Carrol's delivery being better.

Didn't let us down in either of this or the Aberdeen game. Solid guy to have on the bench but Carroll offers more going forward and on the ball. I think we missed Carroll's delivery today. Didn't make the most of the freekicks we put into the box.

18 minutes ago, AJF said:

First half good, second half awful.

We actually looked like scoring for a change and created a few decent chances and some half chances that should’ve seen us score more than 1, just a complete lack of quality in the final third yet again.

Second half was completely different and Motherwell settled and played some decent stuff.

Not a disaster given the other result today but improvement is needed massively.

Fair play to Well. Looked decent.

Exactly.  A real 'game of two halves'.  After Roofe's miss 'Well started to play some decent football so, over all, 1-1 was a pretty fair outcome.

9 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Didn't let us down in either of this or the Aberdeen game. Solid guy to have on the bench but Carroll offers more going forward and on the ball. I think we missed Carroll's delivery today. Didn't make the most of the freekicks we put into the box.

I think they will alternate all season, Carroll’s suspensions will get longer each time.

Predicted our usual narrow defeat pre-match, so absolutely delighted to come away with a very credible point.

Gutted, however, that a clearly offside goal scuppered my 'Well/Livi £5 double that would have potentially paid over £650.

Great team performance, with KVV showing some sublime touches, (Woolery had a few lovely takes too) and everyone on the whole giving 100%. For me though, Slattery was the top boi again. Excellent, composed performance from a young guy who is only going to keep getting better. 

47 minutes ago, Swello said:

Thought he was excellent today- wouldn't automatically drop him next week despite Carrol's delivery being better.

Would agree with you. Carroll obviously far better at whipping balls in, but a couple of very solid performances from McGinley in his absence. Would be harsh on him to be jettisoned straight back to the bench.

Looked like Mugabi handled it at the end of the first half, but there were no real protests or replays. Watt also looked to have won a penalty too.

For the offisde, Fashion was between Kelly and the last defender (SOD) when the ball was headed towards him. There are a few clips on Twitter that show it, seemed a clear offside.

As for McGinley, he's done enough to keep his place. Carrol was stupid to get sent off and needs to wait for the next opportunity. Alexander raved about the midfield in his interview, but I think grimshaw will lose his place, he was a nightmare on the ball.

9 minutes ago, DMCs said:

What's this offside chat? Anyone got a replay? Some of our fans saying we should have had a penalty for handball too but nothing obvious from my seat in real time.

Sakala is beyond O'Donnell when the ball is flicked on to him. If we had VAR that never stands. Not that I'm a fan of VAR though.

The handball would be the one claimed against Mugabi right on half time. Never.

16 minutes ago, DMCs said:

What's this offside chat? Anyone got a replay? Some of our fans saying we should have had a penalty for handball too but nothing obvious from my seat in real time.

It's definitely offside as mentioned below. Not even close either, a shocker from the linesman. 

As for the Mugabi handball, it appeared to come off his body onto his arm, which according to whatever this week's handball rule is, doesn't count as a penalty.