Aberdeen v St Johnstone 18/9/21

Bates was definitely a positive today so let’s hope he isn’t out for the next few months. I really like Lewis Ferguson, but he has been really poor after the first few matches this season, and he was the worst player on the pitch today given his ability.

Dreadful game from Start to finish from 2 poor teams today. Not a surprise as these games between the 2 teams are normally poor quality games. Draw was a fair result but well done to Stevie May which looked a good goal (although maybe Joe Lewis could have done better - need to see it again).

Not looking forward to October and also not looking forward to the other saints on Sunday (live on sky!)

1 hour ago, big al said:

Ultimate insult when an absolute dud of a forward comes on with fuckin pink boots on and sclaffs a trundler in from 20 odd yards. 

barney-simpsons.gif

Brilliant 3 points for us, but have to agree that the quality for large spells was atrocious. Players completely incapable of basic control and passing. We were probably the worst of the two sides in the first half as well.

We improved in the second half thankfully. I was pleased when we signed Crawford, and think he’s a welcome addition to the midfield. He brings a lot of energy and wants to drive forward at every opportunity, which is different from all our other centre midfield options.

With so many matches and no win so far, and the disappointment at losing two key players, this should be a big confidence boosting result and hopefully settles everyone and focuses minds on the season ahead rather than what’s gone before.

Great for Stevie May, he’s been needing a bit of personal success, and certainly got that today. 

With Kane showing a bit of a dip in performance level, and E2 looking like he’ll need a few games to settle, it could be the perfect time for May to rediscover a bit of form.

Couldn’t go today, so have had to rely on Willie Miller on Open All Mics in my car, then Sportscene later for info.

Ramirez had three reasonable chances - all very poor attempts, and his early star is very quickly waning.

The goal was an aberration all the way from
Hayes cheaply surrendering possession to half-hearted defending from both Ramsay and Gallagher. Ultimately though May’s effort was the kind of sclaff we regularly saw at AB24 and shame on Lewis for failing to keep that out.

Good to hear Bates did okay - and it would be very AFC if he was now injured for three months.

I’ll take that.
Wasn’t there as I had to go and explain to the future father in law that I didn’t ask permission to marry his daughter because it’s not the 60’s anymore.

Felt last week the first win was on its way, need to kick on now.

Glass won’t last the season, Scott Brown caretaker by Feb in my opinion.

4 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Glass won’t last the season, Scott Brown caretaker by Feb in my opinion.

Genuinely hadn't even considered the hilarity if Scott Brown relegates Aberdeen as player/manager before. 

What a delicious thought.

Genuinely hadn't even considered the hilarity if Scott Brown relegates Aberdeen as player/manager before. 
What a delicious thought.

Glass looks like he’s got a good idea of what he wants them to do, and how to get there. The issue is wether he’s given the time by Cormack. If they’re not sitting high up the league by December he may just panic.

21 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

He needs time, but he won't get it (I want him to get it) 

Gone by Boxing Day. 

This run of October fixtures shall give us a clearer understanding whether he deserves time, even until Boxing Day.

Unfortunately, with no track record behind him, and if we've only picked up one or two points by the start of November then it would take a brave (or probably more apt, foolish) man to keep him in position until even Boxing Day.

If he was my appointment, I'd suggest we get an experienced assistant in pronto. Although Glass, understandably, might not be too keen, he's unlikely to argue with Cormack.

The signs are not good though, the pressure beginning to build highlighted by a tetchy post match interview today, the media have now fixed their eyes on the likeliest candidate to go first so  pressure is only going to build as we go into a round of fixtures in October that looks extremely unpalatable to a struggling rookie manager.

Now a routine match in Paisley looks absolutely crucial to Glass. Three points will take the heat off and maybe get the players believing again.

Defeat then things might be away to snowball. I can't help but feel sorry for him but there's no place in football for sentiment.

The ‘take home’ after this, is that Aberdeen need to shelf their stupid policy of pandering to a half dozen thousand crofters, and follow the Tory Farmer model. Build a new stadium, make it 30-40 thou, and pack it full of Rangers and Celtic x8 a season.

1 hour ago, mizfit said:

I’ll take that.
Wasn’t there as I had to go and explain to the future father in law that I didn’t ask permission to marry his daughter because it’s not the 60’s anymore.

That's hilarious. I

44 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

The ‘take home’ after this, is that Aberdeen need to shelf their stupid policy of pandering to a half dozen thousand crofters, and follow the Tory Farmer model. Build a new stadium, make it 30-40 thou, and pack it full of Rangers and Celtic x8 a season.

That’s not