Hibs v St Mirren

2 hours ago, Ric said:

Thank you for your in depth evaluation.

To be fair, you could have saved us all 10 minutes of reading that word salad by just saying "wisnae a pen, Porteous threw himself to the ground".

Spoiler

Which would also have been a pile of shite...........

9 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

To be fair, you could have saved us all 10 minutes of reading that word salad by just saying "wisnae a pen, Porteous threw himself to the ground".

It was a penalty though, because Clancy gave it.

Edit: I'd be shocked if it took you 10 minutes to read my post!

Edited by Ric

Lads. Leave the boring details to the pencil-pushers, accountants, Jambos etc.  

Fact of the matter is this. Two teams, united by a shared ability to wind up the sherry-drinking cardigan-wearers of Gorgie, played out a mutual 2-2 victory under the league's best new bigscreens. 

3 minutes ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

I see you are still raging.

1 minute ago, The Other Foot said:

Lads. Leave the boring details to the pencil-pushers, accountants, Jambos etc. 

I don't think there is any problem debating the incident, i don't see any great anger although there are some who seem somewhat annoyed that such a topic is open to debate. It is, of course, all opinion as the person who makes the decision made it and that won't change.

I don't think anyone is actually challenging the final scoreline, though, even your own manager said they didn't deserve all three.

Edited by Ric

6 minutes ago, Ric said:

I see you are still raging.

Maybe you should try another tear-stained rant to convince someone, anyone, that it wasn't a penalty and that big bad Porteous is a cheetur.

Your first few efforts have been below par.

Hope things get better for you. :( 

Edited by Fraser Fyvie

As a neutral, I’ve seen the penalty and the fact St Mirren fans (or rather Ric) are trying to defend it is amazing. It’s clearly a penalty and Miller had already been warned by Clancy. To continue to do the same thing and give the opportunity to give a penalty is madness. Similar penalty was given on the Wolves/Brentford game, it was a clear rugby tackle and obstruction. 

23 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

Please can Goodwin resist the temptation to stick Erhahon back in the team. Young Dylan Reid is miles ahead of Erhahon. 

Can only assume you have a grievance like that Killie fan, who's boy got punted from the academy, against Erhahon to explain your irrational dislike of him. Reid did well last week and probably deserved his start again yesterday. The game passed him by a bit yesterday and Goodwin made the change at the right time to bring Erhahon on. He certainly helped us change the game as we were getting battered straight after half time.  

5 minutes ago, Widge said:

As a neutral, I’ve seen the penalty and the fact St Mirren fans (or rather Ric) are trying to defend it is amazing. It’s clearly a penalty and Miller had already been warned by Clancy. To continue to do the same thing and give the opportunity to give a penalty is madness. Similar penalty was given on the Wolves/Brentford game, it was a clear rugby tackle and obstruction. 

Read back, the Wolves/Brentford game was mentioned and in turn the differences between the situations highlighted.

Just now, Fraser Fyvie said:

I always feel insulting the person rather than discussing the topic makes people "seem stupid".

Of course, your concern is welcomed, despite it being considerably misplaced.

Edited by Ric

4 minutes ago, Ric said:

I always feel insulting the person rather than discussing the topic makes people "seem stupid".

Of course, your concern is welcomed, despite it being considerably misplaced.

Just like your views on the incident then, given absolutely everyone agrees you're talking shite.

:( 

23 minutes ago, Austin McCann said:

Porteous knows what he’s doing and throws himself to the ground. Football is ****** when people think diving about like that is acceptable. It’s quite refreshing for it not to be Boyle though. Hibs class.

I'm not intending on defending diving as it's a shite part of football but in this situation it was a foul and penalty which he may not have got if he didn't go down, refs have a part to play in stopping players throwing themselves to the ground by being more willing to give fouls even if a player stays upright.

Guest Bob Mahelp

It was pretty much a stick on penalty, but there's a certain irony because Porteous himself often makes up for a lack of ability by grappling players to the ground.

I'm sure it'll all even itself out. 

22 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

It was pretty much a stick on penalty, but there's a certain irony because Porteous himself often makes up for a lack of ability by grappling players to the ground.

I'm sure it'll all even itself out. 

We've had 3 perfectly good goals ruled out in our last 4 games - and we play you next week.

I hope you're right.