Hibs v St Mirren

To be fair, I do wish some St Mirren fans would stop wanking on about this "Hibs steal all our staff!!!" shite. If you play for St Mirren and you have got to the point you want to step up, but you aren't good enough for the old firm, and maybe aren't getting much interest from down south, then there are only really a couple of realistic moves in Scotland and Hibs is one of them. As for a few guys going to work for their old boss, if they had a good relationship before, then that's something that happens in every job, in every industry, in every country on the entire planet, so fucking get over it. Would anyone even know or care about the Kitman changing if he hadn't gone to Hibs?

32 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Nah, I'm bored now.

Team prediction:

Fraser, Shaughnessy, McCarthy.

Millar, Power, Ronan, Tanser.

McGrath.

Main, Brophy.

2-0 home win. Magennis and Newell.

Please can Goodwin resist the temptation to stick Erhahon back in the team. Young Dylan Reid is miles ahead of Erhahon. 

1 hour ago, GAD said:

To be fair, I do wish some St Mirren fans would stop wanking on about this "Hibs steal all our staff!!!" shite. If you play for St Mirren and you have got to the point you want to step up, but you aren't good enough for the old firm, and maybe aren't getting much interest from down south, then there are only really a couple of realistic moves in Scotland and Hibs is one of them. As for a few guys going to work for their old boss, if they had a good relationship before, then that's something that happens in every job, in every industry, in every country on the entire planet, so fucking get over it. Would anyone even know or care about the Kitman changing if he hadn't gone to Hibs?

I see it as we must be doing something right as Hibs are obviously a bigger club so if they are signing our guys at the end of their contracts it means they have done a good job for us.

I poke fun at it, some folk get wound up by it but whats the point all that stuff is way out of our control.

Would take a point today but i'm expecting a comfortable home win. Hope the manager and team prove me wrong.

34 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Got your wish.

Interesting to see how that line up actually takes shape. McGrath pushed right up off Brophy, maybe?

2 minutes ago, Spam_Valley said:

Think Ronan will play in behind Brophy with McGrath in the middle

Usual shape with either Ronan or McGrath playing off Brophy, I think it will be McGrath. Ronan looks as if he will be handy playing deeper, almost JDHesque.

HT 0-1
There’s sunshine on leith, lovely day out here. First away day since the before times. Pubs are still as good as they once were.
As for the game, we’ve been excellent and are deservedly ahead IMHO. Ronan been outstanding in the middle of the park and the back line it’s usual solid self.
Goal came at the end of the half. Brophy picked it up wide on the left channel and my mate says, watch this he’s going to shoot. He did, cut inside onto his right, beat a man and stuck it in the Hibs.net. Lovely stuff.
Been disappointed in Hibs, they’ve been poor. Surely more to come from them second half.