Thursday Night Football Thread, 2021/22

lichtie23

Falcons to no-one's surprise have been awful. Patriots getting into the backfield constantly and running the ball down their throats.

Don't think many teams will be too happy having to play the Patriots in the playoffs are the current rate.

Presumably Franks was Atlanta's designated emergency QB, because I can't imagine they went into the game with 3 active QB's. I actually had the Falcons down for being in the race for the number 1 pick overall, so they've been better than I expected, but that's not saying much.

All 3 Falcons QBs have thrown picks....
That must be a first?
Certainly not something I can ever remember seeing before.

Rosen had 3 passing attempts, completed 1, 1 missed and 1 picked.

Franks only had one pass and managed to find a Patriot with it.

As expected an easy Patriots win. Just going by the highlights Mac Jones looked very impressive 
I'm not surprised that he is doing well, any time I watched him with Alabama last year I thought he was very good, yet got talked down a lot in the draft.

The advantage of a QB going in the middle of the first round of the draft is going in to a team who aren't as bad as the ones with the top picks, and also not having the pressure of being one of the earliest picks in the draft.

47 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

I'm not surprised that he is doing well, any time I watched him with Alabama last year I thought he was very good, yet got talked down a lot in the draft.

The advantage of a QB going in the middle of the first round of the draft is going in to a team who aren't as bad as the ones with the top picks, and also not having the pressure of being one of the earliest picks in the draft.

Yeah always thought it was slightly strange how much he was talked down, despite always getting the 'most pro ready' label, which is surely pretty fundamental in being able to make your team competitive immediately. 

Are the Alabama coach and Belichick not quite friendly, with both sharing similar ideas on how the programs should be run.

Jones was tagged as one of those high-floor/low-ceiling guys. I haven't seen much of him play Chargers game aside, but that seems to be panning out as expected. It will be interesting to see how he develops or otherwise. The supporting cast in NE isn't great, but they're well coached and disciplined enough that they should still be competitive even with a limited game-manager under Center. He's not going to have it easy given his predecessors in the gig so I think that if he even turns out to be a top-half calibre NFL starter long-term then he'll do ok.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Tayson Hill is NOT a starting QB in this league. 

As always…..f**k THE COWBOYS

Nope.

You can see by the play design they just don't trust him to stand in the pocket and progress through reads. Classic case of a gadget/trick player who looks great in really limited snaps, but just isn't cut out to play a full-time position.

38 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Nope.

You can see by the play design they just don't trust him to stand in the pocket and progress through reads. Classic case of a gadget/trick player who looks great in really limited snaps, but just isn't cut out to play a full-time position.

sounds like Lamar too!

1 hour ago, Boo Khaki said:

Nope.

I’m pretty sure they gave him a pretty hefty contract as well