Thursday Night Football Thread, 2021/22

lichtie23

Thursday Night Football returns with an NFC (L)East showdown as the New York Football Giants travel to the nations capital to face the Washington Football Team. Both teams are coming off loses to AFC West teams after disappointing Sunday performances. WFT will be starting Tayler Heinicke at QB after Ryan Fitzpatrick was put on IR

Edited by lichtie23

The TNF schedule is as follows

Week 3 - Panthers @ Texans

Week 4 - Jaguars @ Bengals

Week 5 - Chargers @ Seahawks

Week 6 - Buccaneers @ Eagles 

Week 7 - Broncos @ Browns

Week 8 - Packers @ Cardinals

Week 9 - Jets @ Ravens

Week 10 - Ravens @ Dolphins

Week 11 - Patriots @ Falcons

Week 12 - THANKSGIVING 

Bears @ Lions

Raiders @ Cowboys

Bills @ Saints

Week 13 - Cowboys @ Saints

Week 14 - Steelers @ Vikings

Week 15 - Chiefs @ Chargers

Week 16 - 49ers @ Titans 

Edited by lichtie23

That schedule is incorrect. Chargers are playing the Browns on Sunday in week 5, and don't play the Seahawks at all this season.

Have you copy/pasted from ESPN or something?, because they have a habit of confusing Rams and Chargers fixtures. Same thing in the MNF thread. Chargers don't play 49'ers or Cards this season. Presumably those are LAR fixtures.

9 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

That schedule is incorrect. Chargers are playing the Browns on Sunday in week 5, and don't play the Seahawks at all this season.

Have you copy/pasted from ESPN or something?, because they have a habit of confusing Rams and Chargers fixtures. Same thing in the MNF thread. Chargers don't play 49'ers or Cards this season. Presumably those are LAR fixtures.

I did copy and paste mate. Il go fix it now by looking up the nfl network schedule. Cheer for the heads up 

edit: Thats a screenshot from the nbc website but by looking elsewhere it’s saying it’s the Seahawks vs RAMS

886A26BC-381F-409F-A241-E568FBE3DD2A.png

Edited by lichtie23

5 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

14 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

Week 4 should be a barrel of laughs.

I’m almost positive there is a Jags vs Titans game on a Thursday every season. Surprised that’s not there 

Edited by lichtie23

11 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

I did copy and paste mate. Il go fix it now by looking up the nfl network schedule. Cheer for the heads up 

edit: Thats a screenshot from the nbc website but by looking elsewhere it’s saying it’s the Seahawks vs RAMS

886A26BC-381F-409F-A241-E568FBE3DD2A.png

It's definitely wrong. AFC West is playing NFC East this season, and our 17th game is versus the Vikings. Seems ESPN is not alone in confusing Rams and Chargers fixtures.

It's the NFL equivalent of SKY putting up graphics of 'Dundee FC v's Celtic' with a Utd club crest next to Dundee 

Will probably watch this just to see if Daniel Jones is truly as bad as all the grumbling suggests. Since it's mostly AFC matchups I watch, I don't think I've actually watched him play a game live yet.

As an aside, this year's Chargers/Giants matchup will be the very first time since 2004 there are no component parts of the RIvers/Manning trade involved. I've long forgiven Eli for anything he apparently did or did not do, but it always added an edge to the fixture. I don't think we've actually lost to NYG since that draft either.

Yeah, I agree that it's the correct call given the rules, but the rules themselves are nonsense. Seemingly the NFL views QB's as somehow physiologically different to other players, so you can't do things to their bodies that you can do to anyone else on the field. It's daft.