The Citizens v The Binos

Big game on Friday night under the lights at Ainslie Park. Always a funny fixture this one, you never know what you are going to get. Two clubs, in my opinion, that have always been 50/50. Seeing Marc Laird in a Stirling top will be pretty soul destroying. Hope there's a decent crowd in and we nick a win like we did at Stranraer at the weekend. 

How many will Stirling bring through? I know a few were disgruntled at having to travel to us on a Friday night but I hope they do bring the majority of their travelling support to the capital. 

The Binos are one of the better teams in this Division with one of the better supports. A toughie for City anyway.

I did some tidying up a few months ago and found this badge I forgot I'd bought 30 years ago;

IMG_20210915_223623289_MP.thumb.jpg.a19f5e2897a2ee8310ddee7331555cc5.jpg

The OP is unfortunate that he never got to sample the Annfield experience- a football stadium in the grounds of a mansion. My first away trip too.. I remember 6 foot nettles growing out of an open air urinal!

Don’t know what to expect on Friday night, can we continue on our winning run or will City get the points.Here’s hoping we get something from our last possibly visit to Ainslie Park.

Can’t see many Albion fans turning up on Friday night, no supporters bus.

Prediction Citizens 1 Binos 1.

On 15/09/2021 at 22:43, tamthebam said:

The Binos are one of the better teams in this Division with one of the better supports. A toughie for City anyway.

I did some tidying up a few months ago and found this badge I forgot I'd bought 30 years ago;

IMG_20210915_223623289_MP.thumb.jpg.a19f5e2897a2ee8310ddee7331555cc5.jpg

The OP is unfortunate that he never got to sample the Annfield experience- a football stadium in the grounds of a mansion. My first away trip too.. I remember 6 foot nettles growing out of an open air urinal!

Open air urinals. Ahh the memories. Football played on a Friday evening is soccer. EC seem to have lost strangle hold, they once had on div 2. Stirling have had problems I would normally associate with end of season. 
 If Leitch continues to perform and Mackin spins on a tanner??  
 As it’s my birthday at the weekend and EC’s generosity is well known. I will be happy with an away win.

On 15/09/2021 at 23:45, rhliston said:

our last possibly visit to Ainslie Park.

Can’t see many Albion fans turning up on Friday night, no supporters bus.

Prediction Citizens 1 Binos 1.

Lets also hope its your last visit to AP. Hoping we're still on course for a November return to Meadowbank. Nothing from the club but the Chairman was in the local press, a couple of weeks back, saying we should be.

As for your second point, this was always the risk - not only alienating our own support but away fans as well. A number of Stirling Albion fans seemed pretty vocal, when the announcement was made, that they wouldnt go on a Friday and with no supporters bus, this seems to be the case. Usually our larger crowds are games between us, so that might affect the gate tonight.

Think I'll have to settle for the stream if I've got time, as I've other commitments.

4 hours ago, Dumb yatt said:

Open air urinals. Ahh the memories. Football played on a Friday evening is soccer. EC seem to have lost strangle hold, they once had on div 2. Stirling have had problems I would normally associate with end of season. 
 If Leitch continues to perform and Mackin spins on a tanner??  
 As it’s my birthday at the weekend and EC’s generosity is well known. I will be happy with an away win.

Stirling Fans- point him out at Ainslie Park tonight and we'll give him the birthday dumps... :lol:

1 hour ago, Mattie1880 said:

What’s best pub near the ground?

There really isnt one tbh.

There's a bar in 'The Village' complex but their prices are quite high and you've still a good 10 minute walk as well.

Other than that, try the Stockbridge area but you'll need to get a taxi from there to the ground.

Thoroughly enjoyed that game and also enjoyed the Friday night experience. 

If I’ve got my bias hat on, I think we probably deserved to win the game given the chances we had. We missed a tonne of great chances, mainly from free headers. But I also think we were fairly lucky to still have 11 men on the park as McGregor could easily have been sent off in the first half. Edinburgh’s number 23 also caused us a hell of a lot of problems running in late from the midfield.

However, not a bad result at all, I’d have taken it before the game. Big Mackin was superb tonight as was Jack Leitch. That move, goal and celebration from both the team and supporters for the binos first encapsulated everything I’ve missed about being at the football during the lockdown. Long may it continue! 

Can't fault that report. Binos passed up a lot of chances, Innes Murray scored a fine goal to put City 2-1 up, Schwake got a hand to the equalising free kick but it went in. A good crowd too.

I'd have taken a point before the game too so fair enough. Annan next week will be interesting.