Jump to content

Livi v Celtic


Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

He’s on a bit of hiding to nothing, the squad is pretty thin which was evident today. Not a single attacking option on the bench other than MJ who has been out all season.

He is under pressure now our away form is unacceptable, our next away game is at Aberdeen first week in October. We drop points there and I think you will see fans turn that’s assuming we beat Dundee Utd next weekend. 

Now we see what he is made of, the honeymoon period is over

He’s been well backed by the board financially - do you think he’s just not recruited properly ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Can confirm that 'Grace Kelly' by Mika was still UK Number 1 when Celtic last beat us at Almondvale.

This is a tremendous idea for a thread IMO.

Spoiler

Baby Cakes by 3 of a Kind for Dundee at Tannadice btw

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Edouard, Ajer, Ntcham, Christie, Griffiths, Duffy, Laxalt, Kenny, Brown, Moi, also. Add a keeper and that’s a decent starting 11 

Best defender to ever grace our game tbf.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

It's a bit of a myth it's only 4 games with Celtic playing with 10 men for 2 of them games in reality Livingston have only beat us once in their history. 

Twice now.:thumsup2

And still undefeated at the Spaghettihad in 4 (FOUR) seasons against Celtic.😎

2 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

15 secs for 1st booking. Livi’s game plan plain to see. 

Yep, beating you mugs 1-0.:cheers

59 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Has a Celtic manager ever had as bad a start as Ange ?

Tbf he's their 3rd manager not able to beat us at the TMA.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

He inherited the second best squad in the league, he has spent £20m.

You can't guarantee success. Spending that amount of money in this league and sitting with something like a 50% win rate is embarrassingly poor.

Still, its not his fault your club is barely hanging on to their top six position. It's all Lennon and Lawell's. 

20 million is the least you would need to spend to replace Edouard, Ajer, Moi and Christie never mind build an entire squad

Whats the combined transfer value of those 4? 35-40 million? 

MON had to spend in excess of 30 million to rebuild after Barnes and that was 20 years ago.

Did you watch Celtic last season and think to yourself that we look like a club that was being run, managed and coached well? Really? Did us pining after Eddie Howe and waiting the length of time we did also suggest that we were on it and setting ourselves up for success this season? 

I know your a bit of a gobshite and can’t wait to put the boot into Celtic but even for you to suggest that just a change of manager and CEO (who is also no longer there) should make things automatically better is a bit of a take so yes a 50% win rate is embarrassingly poor however it was also always a possibility that we could really struggle this year no matter how much we spent

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jinky67 said:

 I didn’t say there were decent but they were the 1st choice players in both positions. 

Between them they had 32 starts for Celtic. 

Not each. Between them. 

I'm the gobshite though. :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some performance by the Livi Lions, Shinnie was magnificent as our target man, class touches bringing the ball into him and helping us get it out our half when needed, brilliant goal too. Devlin was like a man possessed, ridiculous booking from the ref right at the start, but still didn't deter him from a great performance.

Big Obileye was solid in defence, think he has one of the top interceptions in the league, and Stryjek pulled off some brilliant saves when required. Wasn't even our best XI but what a team effort. Who the f**k needs a striker to win games, when you have a class player like Shinnie as a target man!!!

Said on the Liviroom forum it would just be like us to win our first league game against Celtic on Sunday. Fucking Yasssss.:bounce2

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

20 million is the least you would need to spend to replace Edouard, Ajer, Moi and Christie never mind build an entire squad

Whats the combined transfer value of those 4? 35-40 million? 

MON had to spend in excess of 30 million to rebuild after Barnes and that was 20 years ago.

Did you watch Celtic last season and think to yourself that we look like a club that was being run, managed and coached well? Really? Did us pining after Eddie Howe and waiting the length of time we did also suggest that we were on it and setting ourselves up for success this season? 

I know your a bit of a gobshite and can’t wait to put the boot into Celtic but even for you to suggest that just a change of manager and CEO (who is also no longer there) should make things automatically better is a bit of a take so yes a 50% win rate is embarrassingly poor however it was also always a possibility that we could really struggle this year no matter how much we spent

Surely the cost to replace them is what you actually paid for them...not what you sold them for?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, The_Judge said:

Surely the cost to replace them is what you actually paid for them...not what you sold them for?

Well no because these players leave Celtic much better than they did when they arrived. We need to replace the quality that left not the quality that arrived and we developed. Surely that would be regression?

Edited by Jinky67
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

He’s been well backed by the board financially - do you think he’s just not recruited properly ?

Some of these players have only played 3 or 4 games so difficult to tell. Others such as Kyogo, Abada have done pretty well. Starfelt for sure looks like we overspent and Hart has done well in some games, if not for him today it would have been more 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

I’d take your point if not for the fact Kenny was signed in February 

Exactly. You're claiming Ange is on a hiding to nothing because a guy you borrowed for about three months (and was shite) isn't still at the club. 

You got carried away with him appearing - and his signings. You don't want to lose face now Rome is burning and I get that. Sometimes less is more. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Exactly. You're claiming Ange is on a hiding to nothing because a guy you borrowed for about three months (and was shite) isn't still at the club. 

You got carried away with him appearing - and his signings. You don't want to lose face now Rome is burning and I get that. Sometimes less is more. 

How many starts did Ralston have last season compared to Kenny? Ange hasn’t even had the luxury of a shite Kenny to start with

The squad isn’t as good/strong as it was last season and it was never ever likely to be in just 1 window.

And the signings need to be given time, many of them haven’t even a handful of games.

And Rome burned to the ground last season. We are still picking through the rubble but I like Ange, i like what he is trying to do however the road back from the clusterfuck of last season was never going to be straightforward irrespective of how much money we chucked at it

He needs to start picking up results away or he won’t last too long, that’s the reality and it always has been

But here’s a thought also, we are only 4 points from the top despite our worst start to a season for 32 years and many of our best players still to return i.e Forrest, Kyogo, Julien and McGregor. This situation is recoverable and results could also quickly change. 

Edited by Jinky67
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

20 million is the least you would need to spend to replace Edouard, Ajer, Moi and Christie never mind build an entire squad

Whats the combined transfer value of those 4? 35-40 million? 

MON had to spend in excess of 30 million to rebuild after Barnes and that was 20 years ago.

Did you watch Celtic last season and think to yourself that we look like a club that was being run, managed and coached well? Really? Did us pining after Eddie Howe and waiting the length of time we did also suggest that we were on it and setting ourselves up for success this season? 

I know your a bit of a gobshite and can’t wait to put the boot into Celtic but even for you to suggest that just a change of manager and CEO (who is also no longer there) should make things automatically better is a bit of a take so yes a 50% win rate is embarrassingly poor however it was also always a possibility that we could really struggle this year no matter how much we spent

 

Or rather you spent £30 million and can’t beat Livi who are are collection of free transfers from the 4th tier in England.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

 

Or rather you spent £30 million and can’t beat Livi who are are collection of free transfers from the 4th tier in England.

And is that a new thing? We just don’t beat Livi at Almondvale. Said it earlier in the thread before the game 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Jinky67
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...