Livi v Celtic

11 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

They don't seem very good playing away from home this season, but you could see them ripping us a new one at Parkheid, once they get that opening goal to settle them down it would be shooty in. Was quite a surprise how they fell apart after we scored, and started passing balls out of play, think they were as shocked us the Livi fans, of us being ahead.😂

We haven’t been good playing away for almost a year now. Not a win away in the league since the 14th of Feb which is embarrassing, we can’t dress that up any other way.

A large part of that comes down to us being very 1 dimensional in our attacking play away from home even more so if we go behind. I thinks thats also the reason we have brought in Giakoumakis who when fit hopefully offers us a very different striker than what we have had in recent years, really physical and seems to be a decent aerial threat.

As poor as we were though I thought Livi were really good. Some finish for the goal and the keeper made good saves at big moments. I imagine it will give Livi the confidence to kick on and I can’t complain about the result at all

Edited by Jinky67

10 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

We haven’t been good playing away for almost a year now. Not a win away in the league since the 14th of Feb which is embarrassing, we can’t dress that up any other way.

A large part of that comes down to us being very 1 dimensional in our attacking play away from home even more so if we go behind. I thinks thats also the reason we have brought in Giakoumakis who when fit hopefully offers us a very different striker than what we have had in recent years, really physical and seems to be a decent aerial threat.

As poor as we were though I thought Livi were really good. Some finish for the goal and the keeper made good saves at big moments. I imagine it will give Livi the confidence to kick on and I can’t complain about the result at all

The finish was superb yep, first touch took it away from Welsh and the angled shot right up into the top corner gave Hart no chance. Fitzwater was unlucky not to score too, just before the break, Hart stuck out his arm and batted it away, and could have easily ended up in the net. Forrest came close too, with Hart just getting down to palm it past the post for a corner. As much as Celtic had of possession, i think you only had 1 more shot on goal than us. 

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

33 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

The finish was superb yep, first touch took it away from Welsh and the angled shot right up into the top corner gave Hart no chance. Fitzwater was unlucky not to score too, just before the break, Hart stuck out his arm and batted it away, and could have easily ended up in the net. Forrest came close too, with Hart just getting down to palm it past the post for a corner. As much as Celtic had of possession, i think you only had 1 more shot on goal than us. 

I thought Holt played well for me Livingston are a team that play to their strengths a bit like St Johnstone and St Mirren.
Celtic didn't look like scoring yesterday maybe the best chance was the shot from Ajeti low to Stryjek's right I don't remember much more.
When our manager comes out and said the approach and mentality wasn't right for the game it's credit to Livingston.

12 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I thought Holt played well for me Livingston are a team that play to their strengths a bit like St Johnstone and St Mirren.
Celtic didn't look like scoring yesterday maybe the best chance was the shot from Ajeti low to Stryjek's right I don't remember much more.
When our manager comes out and said the approach and mentality wasn't right for the game it's credit to Livingston.

Aye Holt is our Neil Lennon/Scott Brown, his shitehousery and nouse can be invaluable when he's in form too. Gets away with enough not to be sent off, but still does enough to break up attacks by fair or foul means.

What I really love about all this is the excuses. Celtic have had a large turnover in players? Cool, so have we. Oh Celtic had injuries? Nice, we had about 9 guys out for this one :D 

In the end the last excuse standing is that Celtic simply cannot beat us in our own stadium. Postecoglou got a crash course in management from Martindale and it's hilarious.

5 hours ago, ATLIS said:

What I really love about all this is the excuses. Celtic have had a large turnover in players? Cool, so have we. Oh Celtic had injuries? Nice, we had about 9 guys out for this one :D 

In the end the last excuse standing is that Celtic simply cannot beat us in our own stadium. Postecoglou got a crash course in management from Martindale and it's hilarious.

Celtic never had Shinnie.

5 hours ago, ATLIS said:

In fairness Postecoglou was a class act, shook every Livi player’s hand at the end of the game, credit where it’s due

Wonder what's happened to our Livi troll, coming on after we lose a game and giving a blow by blow account of how shite our players are, and how most aren't good enough for this level.
I've been patiently waiting for scrutinizer to come on and say how shite Holt and Fitzwater were and tell us how we're still not going to get any points in our first 6 games....that and J.Domingo telling us how this result is good for business relations

Just now, Cptn Hooch said:
11 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:
Wonder what's happened to our Livi troll, coming on after we lose a game and giving a blow by blow account of how shite our players are, and how most aren't good enough for this level.

I've been patiently waiting for scrutinizer to come on and say how shite Holt and Fitzwater were and tell us how we're still not going to get any points in our first 6 games....that and J.Domingo telling us how this result is good for business relations

Fizzywater aye, and how he's rarely wrong about his predictions.

Fizzywater aye, and how he's rarely wrong about his predictions.
Let me try marking the players in the style of Scrutinizer [emoji16]

Stryjek - 3/10 didn't hold every shot and one kick went out of play

Devlin - 1/0 early booking meant he didn't go on his driving runs up the park
Fizzywater - 1/0 should have scored
Obileye - 7/10 best defender
Longridge - 2/10 got the assist but isn't good enough for this level

McMillan - 1/10 had the audacity to go off injured
Williamson - 3/10 noised up the Celtic supporters at the goal
Holt - 2/10 silly booking, not good enough for this level
Penrice 2/10 virtually anonymous
Lewis - 1/10 send back to Liverpool

Shinnie - 4/10 got the goal but isn't an attacking player...plays best deeper like Sibbald

It's like he never left [emoji16]

Don't forget the subs Hooch.

Pittman-1/10 past it at this level and a passenger in games.

Forrest-3/10 runs about a lot not doing much and should have scored.

Bailey-2/10 another who runs about like a headless chicken and adds little to the team, fluke pass to Forrest.

One lucky result doesn't change the fact i'm rarely wrong, and Livingston will get relegated, their players aren't good enough for this level.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

13 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Don't forget the subs Hooch.

Pittman-1/10 past it at this level and a passenger in games.

Forrest (brother of Celtics James)-3/10 runs about a lot not doing much and should have scored.

Bailey-2/10 another who runs about like a headless chicken and adds little to the team, fluke pass to Forrest.

One lucky result doesn't change the fact i'm rarely wrong, and Livingston will get relegated, their players aren't good enough for this level.

FTFY 

1 hour ago, Troy.1995 said:

Ive said for ages ,Scrutinizor won't come on here when we get a favourable  result.Perhaps his typewriter is knackered after all the criticism he's given us.No great loss however. But no doubt he'll be back when it goes ties up.🤷‍♂️.

to be fair to Scrutinizer his posts are very lengthy and detailed. Must be very scary sitting in the dark in his maws bedroom typing them all out.