Livi v Celtic

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

20 million is the least you would need to spend to replace Edouard, Ajer, Moi and Christie never mind build an entire squad

Whats the combined transfer value of those 4? 35-40 million? 

MON had to spend in excess of 30 million to rebuild after Barnes and that was 20 years ago.

Did you watch Celtic last season and think to yourself that we look like a club that was being run, managed and coached well? Really? Did us pining after Eddie Howe and waiting the length of time we did also suggest that we were on it and setting ourselves up for success this season? 

I know your a bit of a gobshite and can’t wait to put the boot into Celtic but even for you to suggest that just a change of manager and CEO (who is also no longer there) should make things automatically better is a bit of a take so yes a 50% win rate is embarrassingly poor however it was also always a possibility that we could really struggle this year no matter how much we spent

We were told constantly though that the biggest problem with Celtic last season was the manager. We were told the squad was talented but Lennon couldn’t get the best out of them. It seems like Ange is also struggling currently to get the best out of them.

Winning games like these against mid table sides last season gave us a good springboard to finish relatively comfortably, so hoping for more of the same off the back of this afternoon's result.

Never doubt Shinnie as a false nine for a second. Another Martindale masterclass.

We were told constantly though that the biggest problem with Celtic last season was the manager. We were told the squad was talented but Lennon couldn’t get the best out of them. It seems like Ange is also struggling currently to get the best out of them.

Relatively new squad of players, Ange won’t get 3 years to win a league title.

"A whole team left at the start of the season and that's why we are losing apart from when it's Livi as we just always drop points there, even with a whole new team. It's the pitch." 

Fucking excellent. There's a few Celtic fans - quite rightly - digging Ange up on Twitter. I, personally, fear for their safety. 

"A whole team left at the start of the season and that's why we are losing apart from when it's Livi as we just always drop points there, even with a whole new team. It's the pitch." 
Fucking excellent. There's a few Celtic fans - quite rightly - digging Ange up on Twitter. I, personally, fear for their safety. 

Do keep us all updated. Good lad.

41 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

The away results don't show it but it's very debatable the squad is better this season, we have a better goalkeeper,right-back,centre half,left and right wingers.

I think Moi and Forrest would start in this team ahead of Jota and Abada and is loosing Ajer for either CV or Starfelt better? CV maybe, Starfelt i’m still unsure.

We need to see Giakoumakis soon, i imagine based on what was said before he  may debut on Thursday.

1 hour ago, Robin.Hood said:

This is it. 20 million they spent. Has the whole of Scottish teams together spent that on signings this season?

This is a nonsensical argument. You can’t just casually ignore the money we have received otherwise we would have never paid out to replace them. We are running at a heavy surplus going by last transfer window.

3 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

I think Moi and Forrest would start in this team ahead of Jota and Abada and is loosing Ajer for either CV or Starfelt better? CV maybe, Starfelt i’m still unsure.

We need to see Giakoumakis soon, i imagine based on what was said before he  may debut on Thursday.

Can't have Forrest hes not left,Moi's numbers were good but will Abada and Jota make up for that,we have 3 players to cover the loss of Ajer.
Brown is a big loss but we got McCathy for him,Christie and Eddie for Kyogo and the Greek time will tell on that.

3 hours ago, gannonball said:

This is a nonsensical argument. You can’t just casually ignore the money we have received otherwise we would have never paid out to replace them. We are running at a heavy surplus going by last transfer window.

Aye, my missus regularly asks "How much did you spend?" and then takes a back seat when she realises that the money I receive weekly in wages is far more than I spent in the boozer. 

9 hours ago, Robin.Hood said:

This is it. 20 million they spent. Has the whole of Scottish teams together spent that on signings this season?

which is what we have had to spend to replace what we let go.

Yes our away form is a concern but the last time we won at Livi Abada was 5!! We struggle there and always have so this result was always possible.

We have a influx of new players some of which have played only a couple of games, we are still short in some positions i.e left back and knitting this all together still takes time but we will still finish at least second. Whether that’s a good season or not depends on the points differential to Rangers but let’s not pretend we have started well, we haven’t but it will get better

Edited by Jinky67

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

which is what we have had to spend to replace what we let go.

For 20 million you could have got more than 11 players in and still finish second. This is just shite chat about players taking there time etc as most teams in the league have had big changes whether it be star players gone or new players brought in needing "time" to gel.