The Wheel vs The Rock

3 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

The May appointment started this whole spiral.

We had a brilliant side under Houston in 2016 that would have demolished a normal 2nd tier.

Since then the wheels have come off, the car is on fire and the passenger behind the driver has just spewed down his neck.

Has the dropping of the youth system contributed because Falkirk were well renowned for producing decent young players?

2 minutes ago, the snudge said:

Has the dropping of the youth system contributed because Falkirk were well renowned for producing decent young players?

I don't think so, more long term that will hurt us.

Yay! more good stuff to look forward to.

Finding it hard to give a shit tbh; it's more like morbid curiosity out of habit by now.

8 hours ago, BallochSonsFan said:

I think the 5/1 we're priced at on B365 right now is very generous. Falkirk at 9/20 seems an absolutely crazy price. I'd still make Falkirk favourites for the game but not more than 2/1 on favourites. I wouldn't make us 5/1 outsiders for the tie either.

Dumbarton 1-0 is 14/1.

Dumbarton 2-1 is 18/1.

Those are mad odds today.

Any chance you've got tonight's lottery numbers BSF ??

I can’t believe how fucking static our players are.  I can’t believe Ompreon was our best player.  I can’t believe how honking McCann is.  I can’t believe Keena doesn’t start.   I can’t believe Miller is a professional footballer.

We get bonus points for every 100 sideways passes, yes?

10 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

I can’t believe how fucking static our players are.  I can’t believe Ompreon was our best player.  I can’t believe how honking McCann is.  I can’t believe Keena doesn’t start.   I can’t believe Miller is a professional footballer.

We get bonus points for every 100 sideways passes, yes?

Pleasing to hear re McCann. 😂😂😂

Frightening to think what we'd have done to Falkirk with Chucky MacLean available. 

Anyway that was an excellent away performance. Came with a gameplan that highlighted Falkirk's weaknesses (e/g if they still had Declan McManus they'd have won 4-0, but they don't, so they won't hurt us much despite having all the ball) and be clinical when the chances come our way.

I thought our defence and goalkeeper were superb. And I'm very confident in saying that Callum Wilson is a far, far better football player than Billy Gilmour.

Maybe it’s just me but my concerns are about a lot more than decent strikers.
I genuinely think since Houstie left and we had the clear out we have players who don’t care enough and loan signings are hardly likely to be committed players.
So yes, the second downfall came when we closed the academy.
Honestly there were more unforced errors today than a Heather Watson tennis match…

Needless to say I'm absolutely delighted this evening. Orsi's goal was strange in that it seemed to be scored in slow motion. Wilson's was a beauty of a finish imo. The last twenty minutes were extremely enjoyable as the outcome never seemed in doubt which is surprising when you've got two similarly sized clubs playing each other. My delirium continued on the way home as I muttered a giruy at the Kelpies as I drove past.

1 hour ago, cremola foam said:

Highest scorers in the League 1 by some distance. Third highest ( Celtic = 16; Kelty Hearts = 16; Sons = 15) in Scotland.

Pleasing.

Won more games than anyone else in the league as well. The signs are good right now, just need to see how mileage this team has in it. 

For the second goal, I actually can remember resisting the colourful langauge whilst shouting how on earth did Miller get caught under that high ball. He absolutely sold the fucking jerseys there, like a rank amateur.

Our defence would probably be better with Hall and McKay in the middle and punt McCann onto the bench with Dixon at LB. Ryan Williamson simply must start the bext game as Gary Miller is startign to look a fucking calamity.

I am more than happy to apportion a big chunk of blame for this shitshow on Holt, but theres no pass for Sheerin. Not after his line up today following last weeks shit show, and if Keena and Krasniqi dont start next week he needs to GTF