Jump to content

The Wheel vs The Rock


Trump
 Share

Recommended Posts

One of these teams has brought in a new manager this summer, rebuilt the team, and has got the good feel back amongst the supporters again.

 

The other team is Falkirk.

 

After 3 defeats in a row it’s important we not only stop the rot but get back to winning ways.

 

Dumbarton fans: apart from the obvious, what’s the main difference between Duffy’s team last year, and your new managers team this year?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Trump said:

 

 

Dumbarton fans: apart from the obvious, what’s the main difference between Duffy’s team last year, and your new managers team this year?

 

We aren't as good defensively as we were under Duffy but we carry a lot more threat. We have a lot of options for changing things this year too, whilst last year we barely filled a bench. We're just a much, much better team. 

That said we turned in poor performances against QP and Cove so I'm hoping we do ourselves a bit more justice here. Unless Paul Paton is fit I don't see any changes to last weeks team happening. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Trump said:

Dumbarton fans: apart from the obvious, what’s the main difference between Duffy’s team last year, and your new managers team this year?

I no longer want to scoop my eyeballs out with a spoon when I watch us.

I think we'll take a few batterings this season because we're a lot more open than we were last year, and we aren't anywhere near as solid at the back. But we also have the ability to dish out a few batterings of our - which is something we haven't had the firepower to do since we lost DT23, Calum Gallagher, the second spell Ross Forbes and Bobby Barr.

We can mix up the way we play, and we have a manager who has shown a lot more tactical flexibility than Duffy. That being said I expect Falkirk to have plenty of chances against us so, if you lot find the missing shooting boots, then I really wouldn't be surprised to see you score a few.

If Jaime Wilson is ever going to score for Falkirk then surely this will be the game. Former players - even ones who couldn't buy a goal for us - love scoring against us. See Armour, Ben. 

Edited by Jan Vojáček
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

If Jaime Wilson is ever going to score for Falkirk then surely this will be the game. Former players - even ones who couldn't buy a goal for us - love scoring against us. See Armour, Ben. 

🤣 🤣🤣 

That is one thing you really, really do not need to concern yourself about. If James "Jaime" Wilson even makes it on to the park for us on Saturday something will already have gone very, very, very wrong. Most Falkirk fans will be astonished if he scores a single goal for us.

Dumbarton should really fancy this. On the back of two excellent league results, scoring plenty and summer recruitment looks quite decent. Get the first goal and you'll be a long way to taking home 3 points.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

If Jaime Wilson is ever going to score for Falkirk then surely this will be the game. Former players - even ones who couldn't buy a goal for us - love scoring against us. See Armour, Ben. 

I'm hoping it's a former Falkirk player who puts his old team to the sword on Saturday. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, AGPar said:

🤣 🤣🤣 

That is one thing you really, really do not need to concern yourself about. If James "Jaime" Wilson even makes it on to the park for us on Saturday something will already have gone very, very, very wrong. Most Falkirk fans will be astonished if he scores a single goal for us.

Dumbarton should really fancy this. On the back of two excellent league results, scoring plenty and summer recruitment looks quite decent. Get the first goal and you'll be a long way to taking home 3 points.

Jaime Wilson scored 7 (seven!) goals for us last season. Surely he can manage at least one for a Falkirk side who are going to A) Have the ball and B) Create chances. Two things we really didn't do at all last year.

9 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I'm hoping it's a former Falkirk player who puts his old team to the sword on Saturday. 

We have enough former Bairns that one of them surely has to come back and haunt them. 'Boyhood Bairn' Buchanan, McGeever, Chucky MacLean, Joe McKee and Paul Paton. Then again McKee's last visit to TFS with us didn't exactly go to plan...

Falkirk fans will feel like we do when we played Alloa in the playoffs, and they relegated us with half a team of former Sons.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If Dumbarton come out and be expansive then we might get some joy, that said Alloa just played how they wanted at the weekend and won comfortably. I really don't know what to expect from us, we struggle to break teams down as we just aren't creative enough and without Morrison are further hampered. We simply have to be much much better to take anything from this game. Where the goals are coming from is anyone's guess. I think we'll drop points again I'm thinking draw but I wouldn't be surprised if Dumbarton nick all three points. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, FifeSons said:

I really hope we come out and actually have a go here. Play the team in front of us and not the 'name', like we've done under previous, negative managers.

I actually think Faz has been guilty of this more than most tbh. Against Queens Park we tried to keep it tight and were hopeless, against Cove we done the same in the first half and were rotten (we looked so much better when we basically had to try and have a go) and against Montrose we looked completely comfortable in the first half and then we looked like chucking it away in the 2nd half by camping in our own half and looking all over the place in the process. Faz’s comments after the Montrose game would have had you thinking we were playing Bayern Munich away, not Montrose at Links Park. We’re good enough to compete with these teams, we don’t need to camp in our own half.

We’ve been giving the title/playoff hopefuls far too much respect and we’ve resorted to deploying tactics that just don’t suit us. I think we look far better trying to go toe to toe with teams. Sitting back and trying to defend just isn’t our game. If we try and keep it tight this weekend Falkirk will cruise it, if we give it a go I’m confident we can take something.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hoping that Williamson, McKay, Krasniqi and Morrison are fit for this. Keena up front as well please.

Mutch

Williamson McKay Dixon McCann

Krasniqi Telfer
Morrison Nesbitt McGuffie

Keena

Martin, Hall, Miller, Hetherington, Ross, Ompreon, Ruth

Maybe Wilson could do something useful like spend the afternoon as a ballboy. Using hands only of course.

If we have players back I will be confident, if the team resembles what started against Alloa I will be concerned.

Did Dumbarton not score 5 goals from set pieces on Saturday? Imagine Ben fucking Hall up against that. Lolz

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Hoping that Williamson, McKay, Krasniqi and Morrison are fit for this. Keena up front as well please.

Mutch

Williamson McKay Dixon McCann

Krasniqi Telfer
Morrison Nesbitt McGuffie

Keena

Martin, Hall, Miller, Hetherington, Ross, Ompreon, Ruth

Maybe Wilson could do something useful like spend the afternoon as a ballboy. Using hands only of course.

If we have players back I will be confident, if the team resembles what started against Alloa I will be concerned.

Did Dumbarton not score 5 goals from set pieces on Saturday? Imagine Ben fucking Hall up against that. Lolz

Unfortunately our team will look nothing like that, whatever we cobble together I just hope nesbitt is not put out wide and wasted again. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

We’ve been giving the title/playoff hopefuls far too much respect and we’ve resorted to deploying tactics that just don’t suit us. I think we look far better trying to go toe to toe with teams. Sitting back and trying to defend just isn’t our game. If we try and keep it tight this weekend Falkirk will cruise it, if we give it a go I’m confident we can take something.

Yeah, I agree with this and hate seeing it. Would love us to play the way we did under Murray (early era) and just not show teams respect. We've seen what can be achieved when we take that approach.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

£18.00 to get in! Has no-one told Falkirk what division they are in?

 

2 minutes ago, microdave said:

I think they're still in the denial part of the grief process after their relegation in 2019.

What did we have to pay at Alloa last week?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

 

What did we have to pay at Alloa last week?

We haven't been to Alloa yet but I'm guessing they'll be a similar price. Maybe they're still in the denial part of grief after their relegation in 2021. I'm more sympathetic to them as the grief will still be raw. Falkirk should be used to L1 by now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...