SPFL Review

3 hours ago, craigkillie said:

With all these times, it depends who are playing. Motherwell v St Mirren at that time great, but with the absolute state of Sunday public transport something like Aberdeen v Motherwell would be a nightmare.

The number of Motherwell fans that would go to Aberdeen games on public transport would be a small handful at most. And i think most of them would be able to find a supporters' bus to take them. And for example Aberdeen vs Motherwell at 6pm on a Sunday is as viable on public transport as it is at 12:30pm on a Sunday.

Aberdeen fans travelling in from the local area would probably be the people more inconvenienced.

10 minutes ago, The Master said:

It was the decidedly random 7.20pm, if memory serves.

Aye - it was something weird now that you mention it - but the amount of pub time it allowed was something else. Dundee-Motherwell is a no aggro fixture but I could imagine with some games, that many pished lunatics on a Saturday night could be a bit interesting.

14 minutes ago, Swello said:

Aye - it was something weird now that you mention it - but the amount of pub time it allowed was something else. Dundee-Motherwell is a no aggro fixture but I could imagine with some games, that many pished lunatics on a Saturday night could be a bit interesting.

I'm sure Polis Scotland could handle it. They took the horses to an Aberdeen / Hamilton game and kept that powder keg under control 

22 minutes ago, Swello said:

Although I am half way to Dundee I took the option of watching a live game in the house, can’t think when I had previously done that.  Didn’t realise I would have a full season of it ahead of me.

As much as I simply want to be allowed to have a pint at the fitba, we know it's going to be the English 'hidden pint' rather than the German 'enjoy your pint while you watch' so really it's all a bit pointless if it somehow ever managed to be allowed. 

41 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

As much as I simply want to be allowed to have a pint at the fitba, we know it's going to be the English 'hidden pint' rather than the German 'enjoy your pint while you watch' so really it's all a bit pointless if it somehow ever managed to be allowed. 

England is now considering allowing pints at the seat.

To be honest, I'm not sure I'm a fan of that. The idea of being covered in other people's half-drunk pints if (by some miracle) we score isn't exactly appealing. 

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Namond Brice said:

Ron the Con calling out the last acceptable form of bigotry in Scotland, antifootballism.

A (glass) bottle bar in place ahead of the next time Rangers are in town would be just....

GIF by FOX International Channels

1 minute ago, Leith Green said:

A (glass) bottle bar in place ahead of the next time Rangers are in town would be just....

GIF by FOX International Channels

Imagining the normally placid and even tempered Alan McGregor's reaction when my half finished  Watermelon Bicardi Breezer bottle almost scuds him between the eyes.

image.png.f3154d89bee40f16334dfe957ff76333.png.8b035c0b1ef7fe6019b9c9e73dfabf91.png

• 2 months later...

Working for these consultancy companies is easy money - some bunch of mugs give you a fortune to state the obvious.

The SPFL already know they don't broadcast as many games as other leagues, it was a choice the clubs made given the impact on attendances and the fact fans are very resistant to TV games in general. If we could get a secondary broadcaster (eg the BBC) then they might be able to sell some additional Premiership games, but Sky have absolutely no interest in brodcasting more - they didn't even use their full complement last season.

13 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Working for these consultancy companies is easy money - some bunch of mugs give you a fortune to state the obvious.

The SPFL already know they don't broadcast as many games as other leagues, it was a choice the clubs made given the impact on attendances and the fact fans are very resistant to TV games in general. If we could get a secondary broadcaster (eg the BBC) then they might be able to sell some additional Premiership games, but Sky have absolutely no interest in brodcasting more - they didn't even use their full complement last season.

That's unfair, it can be very difficult to produce an infographic that looks like it should mean something while still being aesthetically pleasing. 

There's definitely a circle, maybe even a figure of eight, of arrows in there that includes the words "stakeholders" and "value-add". Try getting those to line up on PowerPoint. 

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Les Cabbage said:

Any idea when this is likely to be published?

This news broke about 6 months ago and as much as it’ll probably be a lot of shit I am curious and also a huge nerd that will probably read through said faecal matter.

Yeah, me too. I’m going for wilfully naive with this one though. Hopefully something comes from it.