SPFL Review

KO was traditionally 3:30pm and only drifted to 3pm during 1920s & 30s. Earlier in winter pre-floodlight, but they clearly also played in gloom that would be considered hopelessly inadequate today.

EDIT: Of course these was no BST until 1916, and Double BST from 1940 to 1945 and in 1947, and year round BST from 1968 to 1971, which also complicated matters.

Edited by HibeeJibee

• 5 months later...

Bump

This is now out and the SPFL seem to be adopting its conclusions. 

Which are:

Some vague management BS according to reports. Sounds like it might amount to hiring a marketing team and them working with TV. 

Anyone know if the report is available for us plebs to read,  or will be? 

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

Bump

This is now out and the SPFL seem to be adopting its conclusions. 

Which are:

Some vague management BS according to reports. Sounds like it might amount to hiring a marketing team and them working with TV. 

Anyone know if the report is available for us plebs to read,  or will be? 

It is quite comical the communication in this. 

Objectives: We set out on a review to determine how we can grow revenues to £50m

Conclusions: we will implement a series of steps to grow revenues to £50m and it’ll be pure brilliant. 

Thanks guys. 

This is what we have had, I believe Aberdeen have published pretty much the same.

It sounds like "Mr Doncaster, this is what you should have been doing, perhaps you could be a good chap and deliver?".

I assume more detail will emerge when "things" start to happen.

Also interesting to note Rangers and Celtic have jumped on board.

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/deloitte-review-vision-strategy-for-dramatic-uplift-in-scottish-football-revenues

eta - heres the Aberdeen one

https://www.afc.co.uk/2022/08/15/shared-vision-and-strategy-paves-way-for-dramatic-uplift-in-scottish-football-revenues/

2 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

This is what we have had, I believe Aberdeen have published pretty much the same.

It sounds like "Mr Doncaster, this is what you should have been doing, perhaps you could be a good chap and deliver?".

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/deloitte-review-vision-strategy-for-dramatic-uplift-in-scottish-football-revenues

https://www.afc.co.uk/2022/08/15/shared-vision-and-strategy-paves-way-for-dramatic-uplift-in-scottish-football-revenues/

That's that management BS. 

53 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

It is quite comical the communication in this. 

Objectives: We set out on a review to determine how we can grow revenues to £50m

Conclusions: we will implement a series of steps to grow revenues to £50m and it’ll be pure brilliant. 

Thanks guys. 

300px-Gnomes_plan.png.6567f4de9bec2238d9515f22a989db88.png

5 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

There is absolutely nothing in that which represents a development on when they announced this back whenever it was though. 

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

There is absolutely nothing in that which represents a development on when they announced this back whenever it was though. 

We have to trust the process, dammit !

...........oh, hang on, my mistake I thought this was the Hibs thread where we were discussing how the Hibs board does what they want and tells us what they think we want to hear.

Sorry m9

The next time someone from Scottish football requires a review/report/investigation into the overall state of a game, I would like to make it known that I am available to write a report saying "double your income fools". And I'll do it for a lot cheaper than Deloitte would too. 

9 minutes ago, G51 said:

The next time someone from Scottish football requires a review/report/investigation into the overall state of a game, I would like to make it known that I am available to write a report saying "double your income fools". And I'll do it for a lot cheaper than Deloitte would too. 

Happy for you to do it, but presumably (given the "difficult history" of "the company") we wont want any of Rangers FC money men involved?

Donald Trump Rnc GIF by Election 2016

9 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Happy for you to do it, but presumably (given the "difficult history" of "the company") we wont want any of Rangers FC money men involved?

Donald Trump Rnc GIF by Election 2016

Well obviously not. We will, instead, have the money men of Sevco involved, given they are the most financially secure club in Scotland 

49 minutes ago, G51 said:

Well obviously not. We will, instead, have the money men of Sevco involved, given they are the most financially secure club in Scotland 

... simply ignore all obligations to sponsors while collecting the associated income and making new arrangements.

Sevconomics

4 minutes ago, coprolite said:

... simply ignore all obligations to sponsors while collecting the associated income and making new arrangements.

Sevconomics

Cucking Neil Doncaster & Rylan in front of the entire nation

Sevconomics

Did Aberdeen's part of the 'independent review' make any reference to that time they sided with ra Sellick to maintain the voting structure status quo?

That worked out well.

4 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Corporate speak nonsense thread for this pish.

13 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Did Aberdeen's part of the 'independent review' make any reference to that time they sided with ra Sellick to maintain the voting structure status quo?

That worked out well.

Perhaps its to do with different people being in charge of their club now?

Its not always clever to hark back to previous owners and the absolute fuckup they made of some clubs......................