SPFL Review

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

the Edinburgh clubs who have both openly talked about their desire to get rid of part time sides

I don't think they necessarily want them to disappear, but perhaps to exist in some other league so people from clubs like Brechin don't hold such sway over huge decisions for the largest clubs?

Just now, Merkland Red said:

Aberdeen are desperate to try and cement this third force position by getting in to bed with the majority of teams they'd potentially be competing with.

Have a night off mate.

Aberdeen have been desperate to get a bigger slice of the pie since Rangers died. Cormack reeks of someone who thinks a closed shop 10 team league is a great idea.

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

That's not what I said at all.

On 13/09/2021 at 21:14, johnnydun said:

Haven't had it.

23 hours ago, johnnydun said:

You would think so wouldn't you, but going by numbers, it's the vaccinated that have the majority of positive cases right now.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Do you not remember the farce of the SPFL creating a "taskforce" last Summer, which came up with a multitude of ridiculous ideas all centred around keeping Hearts in the top flight, only for every single suggestion to be laughed out of the room before it even reached an official vote?

These types of meeting have a low success rate because they're generally always focussed on the benefit of the few.

Yes, but you are getting your knickers in a twist about notional outcomes which we (and the chairmen) all know wouldn't fly.

These are not stupid people, they may be self centred but their not daft.

2 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

I don't think they necessarily want them to disappear, but perhaps to exist in some other league so people from clubs like Brechin don't hold such sway over huge decisions for the largest clubs?

They want the full share of money going to full time sides + the "safety" of the 2nd tier also being fully full time.

Hibs being relegated into a 2nd tier containing 3 part time sides is, understandably, a financial nightmare for them, especially when it took 3 seasons to escape it last time.

Just now, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Yes. They wouldn't have needed an extension if the first contract did not finish successfully.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/3489216.stm

https://spfl.co.uk/news/spl-and-setanta-sports-announce-record-breaking-deal-2006-04-27

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/stephen-thompson-scottish-football-still-1060635.amp

Looks like they extended the first contract before completion. Then Of and ourselves didn't want to extend again.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I mean, yours was about not taking the vaccine because its only vaccinated people infecting others. You can't understand why I laughed at it.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You would think so wouldn't you, but going by numbers, it's the vaccinated that have the majority of positive cases right now.

So completely different then.

Go to bed mate.

Hopefully the proposal is to increase the size of the top league to 16 or 18 teams and play each other only twice.

This should keep the league tighter at the top and not the usual two horse walkover we see season after season.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aberdeen have been desperate to get a bigger slice of the pie since Rangers died. Cormack reeks of someone who thinks a closed shop 10 team league is a great idea.

So we're hoping to get a bigger slice of the pie, along with the team who beat us to third to then cement third.

What?!

Just now, Mr. X said:

Hopefully the proposal is to increase the size of the top league to 16 or 18 teams and play each other only twice.

This should keep the league tighter at the top and not the usual two horse walkover we see season after season.

Aye, that's what it'll be!

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

They want the full share of money going to full time sides + the "safety" of the 2nd tier also being fully full time.

Hibs being relegated into a 2nd tier containing 3 part time sides is, understandably, a financial nightmare for them, especially when it took 3 seasons to escape it last time.

Aw Jesus man, you can't help yourself.

Do you seriously think that a 3rd division Spanish club would have the same clout as the Brechin chair did last year?

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Where have I said he has? 

I just think that'll the plan of these 5 clubs. So it'll be yet another wasted opportunity for change.

Then why get so upset about it if it's just a talking shop that will go nowhere ?

A 'wasted opportunity for change' is just hyperbolic nonsense I'm afraid, the remit isn't for some radical re-imagining of Scottish football. 

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

So given the recent comments from Ron Gordon and previous from Budge I'd expect it'll be recommending binning the teams in the seaside leagues or whatever.

Aye

They can start a new league system, call it something like the…..

Scottish Football League 

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Do you not remember the farce of the SPFL creating a "taskforce" last Summer, which came up with a multitude of ridiculous ideas all centred around keeping Hearts in the top flight, only for every single suggestion to be laughed out of the room before it even reached an official vote?

These types of meeting have a low success rate because they're generally always focussed on the benefit of the few.

You’re comparing a 6 month review being undertaken by a large professional services firm to a few spfl chairmen/women thrown together in the middle of an unprecedented crisis to try and restructure the entire game within a few weeks with no vision further ahead than resolving an immediate relegation issue. Don’t be so thick. 

Not a single proposal has been made yet and won’t be for 6 months and if clubs don’t like it, it won’t happen. Go to bed.