Glasgow university

7 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Maybe they're only paying for pitch hire, shouldn't be allowed though.

I wonder if this was known about at the time this venue was put forward. Clubs should refuse to play at venues when fans aren't allowed to attend. It was different when the Coof prevented fans but those restrictions are lifted now.

13 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

I wonder if this was known about at the time this venue was put forward. Clubs should refuse to play at venues when fans aren't allowed to attend. It was different when the Coof prevented fans but those restrictions are lifted now.

I'm guessing, but can't think of another reason.

47 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Maybe they're only paying for pitch hire, shouldn't be allowed though.

That's exactly it - I was at our game there maybe a month back, and I asked. If they wanted to admit a crowd, they'd have to hire stewards which I think would be an extra few hundred quid on top of the pitch hire. Given the fact they'd only probably get a few dozen through the gate tops, they've come to the conclusion it's not worth their while.

The first time they used Lochburn it was BCD...I don't think they have a committee in the traditional sense to help put a game on...but the second time we had a couple of guys that were going to be there that afternoon anyway and it was open to the public.

14 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

That's exactly it - I was at our game there maybe a month back, and I asked. If they wanted to admit a crowd, they'd have to hire stewards which I think would be an extra few hundred quid on top of the pitch hire. Given the fact they'd only probably get a few dozen through the gate tops, they've come to the conclusion it's not worth their while.

The first time they used Lochburn it was BCD...I don't think they have a committee in the traditional sense to help put a game on...but the second time we had a couple of guys that were going to be there that afternoon anyway and it was open to the public.

If this is the case they should be banished to the amateurs and play on public parks. This makes a mockery of the pyramid system .

1 minute ago, well_said said:

If this is the case they should be banished to the amateurs and play on public parks. This makes a mockery of the pyramid system .

I suppose it's a transitional season for everybody in some senses, but it's something they're going to have to address at some point for sure, as I think it's untenable in the longer run. The Airdrie thing is clearly in place to retain a Scottish Cup place, but ultimately it would probably work out cheaper to bring one of the pitches at Garscube up to licensing code rather than continue indefinitely to hire out an SPFL ground.

And it would end the nonsense of us playing a "local derby" in a town 18 miles away.

18 hours ago, RedEd said:

If you stand on the hill between the main stand and the one behind the goals nearest the five-a-side pitches you should have a decent view of the pitch.

Really? I had a look before, when I was looking for matches to watch illicitly during lockdown, and it didn't seem promising.

Screenshot 2021-09-16 at 01.52.43.png

Played Glasgow uni a few times on this park when they were in the amateurs and they were allowed fans in. The reasons the players gave for moving from garscube was they wanted to join the lowland league. That was before the WOSL started. Plenty room at garscube to upgrade I would say. I believe Stirling uni play at forthbank and they have great facilities at the uni. 

8 hours ago, GordonS said:

Really? I had a look before, when I was looking for matches to watch illicitly during lockdown, and it didn't seem promising.

Screenshot 2021-09-16 at 01.52.43.png

Other side of that stand behind the goals, the gap in between it and the main stand. 

1 hour ago, BANKIEBILL said:

Now we're out of Covid there should be no excuse and they need to make arrangements for fans. It's a semi-professional football grade ffs 

Yeah, like I say it's a transitional season but there needs to be some kind of resolution...I'll guarantee if they'd got a home draw in the Scottish then that wouldn't be BCD.

I might be wrong, but there seems to be an element of picking and choosing what's worthwhile letting people in for - clearly the few dozen tops who would travel to Airdrie to see Maryhill (or indeed Bellshill on Wednesday) aren't worth it, but I suppose the acid test would be if they drew a Pollok, Talbot or another of the better-supported sides in a cup.

19 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

Yeah, like I say it's a transitional season but there needs to be some kind of resolution...I'll guarantee if they'd got a home draw in the Scottish then that wouldn't be BCD.

I might be wrong, but there seems to be an element of picking and choosing what's worthwhile letting people in for - clearly the few dozen tops who would travel to Airdrie to see Maryhill (or indeed Bellshill on Wednesday) aren't worth it, but I suppose the acid test would be if they drew a Pollok, Talbot or another of the better-supported sides in a cup.

Aye but why should Hill fans miss out on a game because the Students don't/ can't fork out for a couple of stewards. Their choice to play at this level. Tbh with the resources available and space at Garscube there's no real excuse for not developing the site