Monday Night Football Thread 2021/22

lichtie23

14 hours ago, jagfox BLM said:

Fancy your chances @Boo Khaki?

Sorry, haven't been online and just saw this, so I'll answer retrospectively.

Prior to the game I thought both sides still had a lot to prove. I think LV is a solid enough team, the best they've been in years and years, but I don't think they're perhaps legit contenders quite yet. Same impression of the Chargers. Initial thoughts on Staley are broadly positive. He appears to be a no-nonsense type coach who does not tolerate sloppiness, despite LAC's early season trouble with penalties. I think the Chargers have a talented team, but one that still has a few glaring weaknesses on the roster. Again, a solid team that should be in the playoff mix, if not quite a real contender just yet. Home field finally actually looks like a home field in LA, so pre-game I thought the Chargers should just about edge a close game. In the end I think LAC showed that they're probably a little bit more 'legit' than LV, but it's not by much. Chargers have the edge in offensive weapons, whereas LV's strength lies in areas where LAC is weak, i.e. Defensive line

Edited by Boo Khaki

You can’t spot a team as good as the Chargers 21 points - you’re never going to win a game by doing that.

4 games in, and we’ve been at least 14-0 down in 3 of them. Unacceptably slow starts.

Chargers are the team who might just be able to sneak the division ahead of the Chiefs. I’d agree with @Boo Khaki that they look a bit better than us. It wouldn’t surprise me if all three of us end up in the playoffs, though, barring any serious injuries occurring.

Only caught the end, but what a finish.

Titans score a TD to go 34-31 ahead with 2.44 left. From the kick off, McKenzie returns it 101 yards for the Bills for a TD, but it is nullified by a holding call.

The Bills then move it upfield from their own 18 and have a 4th and 1 on the Titans 3 yard line with 18 seconds left on the clock. Instead of kicking the FG to tie, they go for it with Allen trying to push his way for the first down, but he slips and gets no gain at all. Turnover on downs and Titans win.

Sore one but had a bad feeling as I was watching it back that it wasn't ending well.

Analytics said the right call was to go for it. Allen had converted 13 of 14 on 4th and 1 prior to that in his career with the 14th being a botched snap. Can't do too much about the fact he slipped. 

Main issue is that the Titans scored on every drive after the first quarter except end of half kneel downs in both halves and the much vaunted Bills defence got a bit of a shoeing. Tannahill was the most sacked QB in the league coming into the game and the D never laid a finger on him. Makes it easier to understand why Buffalo didn't take the 3 points and go to OT, especially if you lose the toss. 

Some game that. Even though his slip has cost Buffalo at the end that was a superb performance from Allen. He’s my MVP favourite just now just ahead of Kyler. How the hell did the Titans lose to the Jets? 

My favourite quote of the game was when the commentator said “who wants to make a business decision” when talking about a Bills DB needing to tackle a full speed Henry