Hamilton Academical V Ayr United

Good to start picking up results before other teams sort out their shit. played Dunfermline at a good time and hopefully catching Hamilton at one as well. 

Hard to be confident based on the inconsistency  we have seen from Ayr over the last 18 months but I am a lot more confident than I was last week. 

If this is an away win then it's time for an A Great Feeling At Somerset thread.

If it isn't, it's time for the last hundred or so pages of an A Great Feeling At Somerset thread.

Adeloye, Salkeld, O'Connor. The dream team.

10 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Looking at getting train up to this one. What station is best to get off at Hamilton? Central or West? 

According to google maps, Hamilton West is a 5 minute walk to the ground.

Screenshot_20210915-135940_Maps.thumb.jpg.902c0f869a68239dc20aa7b892faf63a.jpg

Edited by THEHonestman1910

Hamilton West is right next to the stadium. There is a path from the platform that you will arrive at (assuming you will be changing at Glasgow Central) that will take you there so no need to climb the stairs and go out on to the street unless you are in search of refreshments.

Looking at getting train up to this one. What station is best to get off at Hamilton? Central or West? 

For me,

McAdams

McAllister/Houston
Muirhead
Fjortoft
Reading

Salkeld
Murdoch
Maxwell
O’Connor

Moffat/Bradley

Adeloye
Can't argue with that team I do think he will bring Albiston back in for McAdams not sure though what McAdams did for him to change keepers on Saturday

Can't argue with that team I do think he will bring Albiston back in for McAdams not sure though what McAdams did for him to change keepers on Saturday

I wonder if he sees Albinson as being better with his feet than McAdams given that for the majority of Albinsons goal kicks he played it short rather than aimlessly punting it up the pitch.

Albiston

( did nothing wrong on Saturday to be dropped)

Houston, Fjortoft, McGinty, Reading 

Bradley Murdoch Salkeld Maxwell

O’Connor Adaloye 

thought midfield done well without Muirhead on Saturday and also thought he was poor last night against Rangers B 

Edited by Finlay21

5 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
6 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:
Albison ( did nothing wrong on Saturday to be dropped)
O’Connor Adaloye 

No Muirhead???

Nope , stupidly sent off against Raith , poor last night and we  won the game he was suspend

Edited by Finlay21

Good opportunity in a 442 to have no Baird and no McGinty.  Let me dream. 

LINEUP111631740940703.png

Spoiler

Fjortoft is rubbish anaw but I'm nowhere near as annoyed at the sight of him. 

Edited by itzdrk

3 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

Albiston

( did nothing wrong on Saturday to be dropped)

O’Connor Adaloye 

thought midfield done well without Muirhead on Saturday and also thought he was poor last night against Rangers B 

While I agree Albinson did nothing wrong to merit being dropped ,  McAdams done nothing wrong vs Raith to merit being dropped either. As much as I agreed with most of duffys changes on Saturday that is the one change I didn’t understand. McAdams is a very decent keeper at this level and we don’t want him becoming irritated at lack of game time. 

Fulton
Matheson Want Popescu Easton MacDonald
Spence Redfern Mimnaugh
Moyo Ryan

Perfect time to shuffle the formation. Going to a back 5 is the right idea for me with Want coming in for Dotmund bound Hamilton. Matheson and MacDonald allowed to get forward a bit more. Moyo to actually give Chucky some support up top.

Still 0-2 Ayr.

Midfield of Spence & Mimnaugh is so powder puff it's ridiculous.

But we have little other options available unless Virtanen up's his game from what we've seen from him so far.

Back 5 above is what I'd pick but very much basically a back 3 with Matheson & MacDonald pushed up as wing backs.

Accies have struggled to create many chances all season so if Ayr score first we are unlikely to come back for a point never mind a win.

Fjortoft to come back to NDP & net a header from a corner isn't a bad bet either.