Oor NHS

alta-pete

17 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

I was hanging off a satellite dish earlier and managed not to do a Rod Hull. Only have a burst rib and black eye right now. Not been to a&e for months.

Annnnd guess who is sitting in minor injuries after bursting a couple of fingers at fives last night 

Having watched breaking bad I’m grateful  for NHS. 

SerIously they have been great bar the odd miscommunication but that happens in every industry, had a hernia op at the end of July and everyone involved was great from start to end no complaints plus aftercare when my wound became infected the treatment room at my local gp couldn’t have been more helpful.

Great topic to bring up, Alta-pete.

I’ve  thought long and hard on this one and it’s really difficult to come up with something which satisfies the demands of an ever increasing consumerist population and, at the same time protect the vulnerable and less well off in society.

The problem is that the NHS has become something of a sacred cow with no one being able to criticise without being made out to be a selfish pig.

I think we need to consider how much people spend on their pets, their teeth and all the other pseudo medical services available without batting an eyelid.

I feel the market needs to play a part and the obvious first step would be to grant tax relief on private medical insurance to encourage the sector to expand. 
Someone mentioned making people pay for minor accidents and this is just so obvious that it’s a no-brainer. Definition of MINOR will be tricky but not impossible. Also must be lots of other things the NHS provides which should be charged for. I am currently receiving treatment for minor skin cancer for which I’d be delighted to pay. My private health insurer won’t cover it.

Anyway, great topic and I’ll be back with more ideas.

Just now, Namond Brice said:

Screaming in my gran's face that if she can pay for her cat to get a jab at the vets, she should bloody well pay for her hip replacement too the fucking selfish old boot.

If she stopped spending all her money on pseudo medical services like dental work she could maybe afford a health plan!!

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

You're a fucking idiot. 

The initiator of this topic invited ideas from all political prospectives and I gave a few of my thoughts on the matter.

Instead of dishing out abuse you’d be better served by trying to come up with some ideas to deal with a problem which most people agree needs addressing.

29 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

The initiator of this topic invited ideas from all political prospectives and I gave a few of my thoughts on the matter.

Instead of dishing out abuse you’d be better served by trying to come up with some ideas to deal with a problem which most people agree needs addressing.

Fund and staff the NHS properly. Problem solved. 

You're free to give your opinion but I'm also free to insult your opinion. Why do gammons have such a trouble with that? 

He's right. You're a lying bigot. Piss off.

1 hour ago, yoda said:

My radical idea for funding the NHS (and indeed things like the UC uplift) involves taxing the rich and the government simply spending more money.

I won't be taking any further questions. Thank you.

My radical idea was to leave the EU and that would free up another £350 million a week for the NHS.

Then I realised I had gotten my sums wrong and I was being really stupid and naive and it really would be an incredibly bad idea.

Luckily I didn't mention it to anyone.  What a relief.