Eligible Players

ahemps

A thread to see what players are eligible for Scotland. if people know of links post the players here.

Conor Gallagher

On loan at Crystal Palace is eligible for both Scotland and Ireland. He has represented England youths quite a lot so he may not be interested right now but he looks a very good player

Alfie Mawson

Currently at Fulham, might not get in our first 11 now but would be an upgrade on McKenna or Gallagher. Turned down Scotland when he was younger as he wanted to represent England. I have no issues with that. Che Adams took a while to come round and his effort and commitment are not in question.

2 hours ago, ahemps said:

A thread to see what players are eligible for Scotland. if people know of links post the players here.

Conor Gallagher

On loan at Crystal Palace is eligible for both Scotland and Ireland. He has represented England youths quite a lot so he may not be interested right now but he looks a very good player

We have a pretty good selection in midfield already, but id take this guy in a heartbeat. Got a feeling as you say like Adams we may have to wait a while and see.

7 hours ago, Craigieboy86 said:

Striker Sam Gallagher  follow Che Adam for Gallagher want play with Clarke of Scotland

I don't mind Gallagher but I'm not sure he's the goal scorer we need. A big lad in the Dykes mould who could fill in like for like perhaps though.

Mawson is an interesting one. The Mawson of 2016-18 who was in England's pre world cup squad would walk in to our side however the Mawson since then is probably not even at Hanley's level and certainly no better though I believe he's had injuries? Still young enough that he if he looked like finding his best form we'd be mad to not to make an approach. Sadly not sure we'll see either happen though.

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Conor Gallagher has played at every England age group and will take his senior games tally to over 100 games by the end of this season, all by the age of 21. I'd suggest he'll need a rather horrendous drop off in form/potential to even think about playing for us. 

The problem he has is that England have an exceptional squad of talent, and it’s all very young. He’d possibly make an England C team at this stage, and would need to seriously improve to get anywhere near Winks/Skipp, who can’t get a game for England, never mind getting remotely near Bellingham/Rice/Phillips etc.

He’s played 87 games according to Wikipedia, and is 22 in January. 

I’ll have a look out for him the odd time I watch MOTD.

1 minute ago, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

The problem he has is that England have an exceptional squad of talent, and it’s all very young. He’d possibly make an England C team at this stage, and would need to seriously improve to get anywhere near Winks/Skipp, who can’t get a game for England, never mind getting remotely near Bellingham/Rice/Phillips etc.

He’s played 87 games according to Wikipedia, and is 22 in January. 

I’ll have a look out for him the odd time I watch MOTD.

I don't think he'll be in the squad next year but he's clearly going to be on the fringes of squads for England if he keeps progressing the way he has. If he'd been ignored by England at youth level much like McTominay was then we'd maybe have a shout but I just can't see him switching to us. 

4 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Conor Gallagher has played at every England age group and will take his senior games tally to over 100 games by the end of this season, all by the age of 21. I'd suggest he'll need a rather horrendous drop off in form/potential to even think about playing for us. 

Listen to the state of that 

Hoping for a horrendous drop off in form for him to even consider playing for us

He'd be about as committed as matt ritchie

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I don't think he'll be in the squad next year but he's clearly going to be on the fringes of squads for England if he keeps progressing the way he has. If he'd been ignored by England at youth level much like McTominay was then we'd maybe have a shout but I just can't see him switching to us. 

I think it’s one of those things where logically it would make sense for him to play for England, as they’re a far better side than us and it’ll be better for his career, but it really depends how he feels.   If he feels Scottish at all, then he might want to represent us, if he doesn’t then he probably won’t regardless of his chances of getting in the England team.

I’ve seen nothing to suggest that he considers himself anything other than English. Like you, I’d be surprised if he wanted to play for anyone apart from them, and I think he’s quite likely to be around their squad in the not too distant future.

Siriki Dembele is an interesting one though. Worth asking a question if he does well in the Championship this year, as we have utterly shite options on the wings mostly. 

I feel like I can contribute to this thread in a big way lol, not that I'd want any of them to play for us unless they are dedicated etc. 

Bobby Allan (GK for French team, can't remember the team) 

Jed Steer (GK, Villa) 

Ryan Fredericks (RB, WHU) 

Todd Kane RB or CB, QPR) 

Yes Craigieboy86, Matt Target is one (RB or LB, Villa)

Luis Binks (MF of Spurs) 

Karlan Grant (ST, WBA). 

I'd probably have to look through Google for more but one I didn't know about was Peterborough's Dembele :O, top marks to you Craigieboy86 for that one ;). 

Edited by Caley Shaun
Adding to the post