The Loser (Peter Grant) v The Winner (Billy Dodds)

9 hours ago, CaleyStan said:

Didn't really get going. Thought we were popping it about quite comfortably first half and building to something but the departure of Shane really shook us. Seems weird to say it because he's not one of our best technical players and it's taken him a while to establish himself but so much of what we've acheived so far this season is built around what Shane does. Saw a bit of squad weakness for the first time in having to play Harper in left mid for a half and he was truly awful. Still, great penalty box defending and the best keeper in the league (maybe in the country?) saw us through. It's a point we would've been delighted with at the start of the season.

Absolute drivel!

10 hours ago, CaleyStan said:

Nonsense

If the 'nonsense' refers to my remarks on Duku then I strongly suggest you phone the stadium tomorrow morning and ask for Billy Dodds, question why he subbed Duku with Billy Mackay and I'm sure you will get an answer not dissimilar to mine re physical defending.

30 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

If the 'nonsense' refers to my remarks on Duku then I strongly suggest you phone the stadium tomorrow morning and ask for Billy Dodds, question why he subbed Duku with Billy Mackay and I'm sure you will get an answer not dissimilar to mine re physical defending.

That's all very well and forgive me for intruding but unless my senses deceived it was Sutherland that was withdrawn in favour of Mckay 

Pretty entertaining game and a draw was fair on the balance of play. I feel like we had more chances over the piece but they were not particularly clear cut. A goalmouth scramble and a Mckay shot which flashed by the post were as close as we came. Dunfermline had the two best chances of the game which drew wonder saves from Ridgers. The block from the Toddy header was outstanding and we were definitely up against it for large parts of the game particularly after we lost Sutherland and Doran to injury which really knocked our rhythm. 

Another good performance from Roddy with his classic Cruyff turn. He really is oozing confidence at the minute and it's great to watch him play. Allardice and Deas also did well for us but I feel they faded as the game went on. Harper and Welsh didn't offer much when they came on and Mckay struggled when we started going more direct as the game wore on. 

Disappointed and at the same time happy with a point.

Edited by RiG

16 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Neither of the Ridgers saves were wonder saves tbh. Todorov and Wighton’s efforts were both right at him.

Fair enough for the second one (just seen a couple of clips on Facebook) but I still think the first one is really good even if it is right at him. I'll blame the crappy / blocked by a pole view we had in that stand.

ETA: I got a free donut at HT as well. Happy days.

Edited by RiG

Just catching up on this thread to see if there were any bits and pieces I'd missed. Is there an Inverness fan - Inverness! - complaining about a side being overly physical? Inverness have always been a physical side for as long as I can remember them and Saturday was no different. Nothing wrong with that of course and if winning the physical battles allows you to play the game in the way you want then it's absolutely the correct thing to do. But both teams gave away a lot of niggly fouls rather than either team being overly physical and if anything I'd still say Inverness put themselves about more than we did. One of our bookings in particular was a nonsense - can't remember if it was Pybus or Todarov - when our boy let the ball go across his body, the Caley Thistle boy vaulted his other leg after he realised he lost it and the ref produced a yellow. There were a few tactical fouls by both sides but it was hardly a dirty game.

Agree it wasn’t a dirty game. There was some good physical battles and a handful of times either way where it became a point the defender thought it would be worth giving a foul away. I felt the yellows were a bit strange,  all the guys who got cards apart from Watson seemed harsh,  yet there were clear cut cases let go, bizzare.