The Loser (Peter Grant) v The Winner (Billy Dodds)

I'd also like to continue to bench our best striker. As long as the bench looks strong, we're sorted.

I feel like we should maybe bench Dow for Cole and bench Comrie for MacDonald again. Then we’d comfortably be winning the award for ‘strongest bench in the league. Thomas, Wighton, Kennedy, Dow, Comrie, Gaspuitis. Ignore the keepers, regardless of who’s on the bench, they’re both horrendous. But everyone wants their players on the bench to be better than those on the pitch, don’t they?

A word of hope for Pars fans: we failed to win any of our last 5 games against Peter Grant's Alloa. That side were always very good against us. 

Alloa didn’t have Ross Graham. Regardless of what we do with the ball in midfield or up front, we will always look likely to concede when we don’t have it or when it’s with our defenders.

1 hour ago, CaleyStan said:

A word of hope for Pars fans: we failed to win any of our last 5 games against Peter Grant's Alloa. That side were always very good against us

I wouldn’t go that far. They were decent but we put in some horrific performances against them, especially at home.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

I'd also like to continue to bench our best striker. As long as the bench looks strong, we're sorted.

That's the most mystifying one for me & considering the nonsense decisions he's made/still making that's saying something. I was really hoping for 20 goals from Wighton this season. The guy seemed to be a level up from strikers we've had in the past (Nisbet aside) & looked an excellent finisher.

Naturally that means this mad c**t benches him.

14 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

That's the most mystifying one for me & considering the nonsense decisions he's made/still making that's saying something. I was really hoping for 20 goals from Wighton this season. The guy seemed to be a level up from strikers we've had in the past (Nisbet aside) & looked an excellent finisher.

Naturally that means this mad c**t benches him.

And if he's not on the bench, he plays him in midfield, cos that made sense...    

Actually I fear the worst for this game, there has been times in our five wins we have struggled TBH and Ok we have beaten the two topside teams in the league but you know what it's always the bottom teams that provides the form upsets, as Scarf mentioned Toddy will be hell bent on scoring in this game and it might well be that the Pars will go into the game with a we've got nothing to lose so let's fuckin go for it attitude.
So far the Pars fan on here have been criticising their manager wholesale with not one so far criticising the players for being bottom.

We certainly won’t have that “let’s fucking go for it” attitude. The players look to have no desire to play for Grant and there are rumours that Dom Thomas wants away immediately and that he won’t be the last.

Pars fans have quite frequently criticised Ross Graham, OFW, Mehmet, Dorrans and Pybus mostly. Apart from OFW, I’ll let you guess what these guys all have in common.

Yeah, this isn’t one of those “hard luck” stories where things aren’t going for a manager. This is someone who is far too arrogant to realise he is miles out his depth, and the players are feeling the brunt of it first hand. You could see the players in Crawford’s tenure were playing for him at least, even though he too was out of his depth. Now we find ourselves, somehow, in a far worse position. The players look like they are just going through the motions and are well aware now that he will be punted sooner or later, so they won’t be as gung-ho in their aptitude. That’s not to say they aren’t trying or anything. It’s things like not committing in the middle for 50/50s, 2nd balls and getting a foothold on the “engine room”. The game seems to just totally pass us by and that probably comes from a passive feeling within the players, which is 100% caused by Grant.

3 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

So from the posts I've read on here, the Board are shite, the Manager and his coaching staff are shite and every one of the players are also shite.

How's the Groundsman and that wee lassie on the phone in reception shaping up??

When you look up hyperbole in a dictionary, this post is shown next to it. 

So from the posts I've read on here, the Board are shite, the Manager and his coaching staff are shite and every one of the players are also shite.
How's the Groundsman and that wee lassie on the phone in reception shaping up??

I don’t actually think many/any of our fans don’t think the players are good enough - other than Ross Graham and the keepers. There’s no doubt that the squad we have should be challenging towards the top of the league.

Can’t comment on the coaching staff, but the manager has had us completely uncompetitive in every game, in one of the most competitive leagues around. That’s not acceptable. Since the start of August, we have been 2-0 down in every single game we have played, at some point before half time. The abandoned Raith game was the furthest we have got into a match before conceding the first goal as well.

The board have to accept the blame as well, after the chairman bragged about appointing Grant (who didn’t even apply for the job) and dismissing 80 applications. The only other time this chairman had to recruit a manager, he announced Crawford would be interim manager the day AJ was sacked. The very next day, announced it was permanent. So, again, the board didn’t even consider any applications.

I don’t think either of those reactions are over the top, when you actually look at the facts. Imagine your chairman doing a very public interview, bragging about ignoring 80 applications, to appoint a proven failure/disaster, who hadn’t even applied for the job. Then things go just as any person who followed this league would have predicted and they can’t even seem to acknowledge/accept that they’ve screwed up. That’s where we are.

1 hour ago, CallumPar said:

I don’t actually think many/any of our fans don’t think the players are good enough - other than Ross Graham and the keepers. There’s no doubt that the squad we have should be challenging towards the top of the league.

Can’t comment on the coaching staff, but the manager has had us completely uncompetitive in every game, in one of the most competitive leagues around. That’s not acceptable. Since the start of August, we have been 2-0 down in every single game we have played, at some point before half time. The abandoned Raith game was the furthest we have got into a match before conceding the first goal as well.

The board have to accept the blame as well, after the chairman bragged about appointing Grant (who didn’t even apply for the job) and dismissing 80 applications. The only other time this chairman had to recruit a manager, he announced Crawford would be interim manager the day AJ was sacked. The very next day, announced it was permanent. So, again, the board didn’t even consider any applications.

I don’t think either of those reactions are over the top, when you actually look at the facts. Imagine your chairman doing a very public interview, bragging about ignoring 80 applications, to appoint a proven failure/disaster, who hadn’t even applied for the job. Then things go just as any person who followed this league would have predicted and they can’t even seem to acknowledge/accept that they’ve screwed up. That’s where we are.

We've been through some of this when our board gave Richie Foran, who had zero mnagerial experience, a four year contract, and we all know how that turned out.

I was just having some banter but you should be checking out the groundstaff and that wee lassie in reception!! they could be the problem!!!

38 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

We've been through some of this when our board gave Richie Foran, who had zero mnagerial experience, a four year contract, and we all know how that turned out.

I was just having some banter but you should be checking out the groundstaff and that wee lassie in reception!! they could be the problem!!!

Confused Chrissy Teigen GIF

Just watched the highlights vs Arbroath and Pars could have scored a number of goals had the ball bounced the right way. Having said that, they could have lost another couple as well. Difficult to tell when it’s highlights but I certainly wouldn’t put the mortgage on this one for an away win. If our guys go with the right attitude they’ll be ok, but anything less than 100% and they’ll come a cropper! 

Convinced myself this is the final, undeniable nail in Mr Grant’s coffin. An embarrassing defeat which has shades of an early stage Scottish Cup round than a league game competed by two ‘title challengers.’

Dunfermline 0-5 Inverness (0-4 HT)

Convinced myself this is the final, undeniable nail in Mr Grant’s coffin. An embarrassing defeat which has shades of an early stage Scottish Cup round than a league game competed by two ‘title challengers.’

"We turned up and gave a good showing in the 2nd half, started doing the things we've seen them do so well in training"

1 hour ago, Rob1885 said:
2 hours ago, smpar said:

"We turned up and gave a good showing in the 2nd half, started doing the things we've seen them do so well in training"

We beat St Mirren 4-0 in 2002 and Tom Hendrie said in his post match interview “their fourth goal never should’ve stood… we should have drawn the second half 0-0”. He was sacked a day or so later.