Thistle Vs Kilmarnock 18th September 2021

Will Thistle be offering PATG/on the day sales for away fans do you think? Killie have been selling tickets for our end, but only if you can travel to Kilmarnock, and not before the game today for some reason. Hoping I don't have to sit on my hands in the home end.

6 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Will Thistle be offering PATG/on the day sales for away fans do you think? Killie have been selling tickets for our end, but only if you can travel to Kilmarnock, and not before the game today for some reason. Hoping I don't have to sit on my hands in the home end.

It wasn't offered for Morton fans so I doubt it will be for Kilmarnock either. 

10 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

We didn’t for the home game against Morton a couple of weeks back, so I would doubt it.

Away Supporters 

Ticket sales for Kilmarnock will be handled directly by Kilmarnock. An allocation of tickets for the Colin Weir stand have been sent to Kilmarnock to sell.

There will be no cash gates available on matchday for away supporters.

Thistle versus Kilmarnock at Firhill. Two teams expected to be competing at the top of the league. A fixture which is historically a bit of a grudge match, a fixture which usually attracts a decent crowd. It’s not unrealistic to expect a crowd of between 5-6k which is very respectable for a second tier match in Scottish football. Let’s make it as difficult as possible to attract paying punters.

Brilliant Thistle. 

Should be my first game since Ye Olde Pre-Pandemice Worlde and next time after this I'll be back in Glasgow will be Christmas, so no doubt one of the teams will go down with covid or it'll snow on Saturday morning or something.

Is there any indication of how many tickets we're giving to Killie? The main stand is still being used as away changing rooms so don't know if that has a knock on effect. If it's not full capacity I can fully understand it being all ticket as I could easily see them bringing 1500+ given it's their first game here in a while and teams tend to bring more in the 2nd tier when doing well vs doing badly in 1st tier.

I do have concerns around us going fully cashless ticket-wise as I think the % of fans who are old and / or don't have smartphones is higher than clubs think but on this occasion I don't think making the away end all ticket is a bad call.

As for the game, bit worried about Burke vs Foster, and whoever is in goals. I can see the argument for keeping Sneddon in as changing every time one of them fucks up is / has already led to both keepers playing like rabbits in headlights, but I think of the two Stone could win you a game whereas both could lose it. Don't accept the "development / our player" argument as both are under contract to PTFC for the same amount of time.

Edited by Fuctifano

Massive test on Saturday. I don't think it's wrong to say Killie are our biggest game at home so far. No goalie comedy please Jags. 

Stayed in Bonnyton for years so always loved these games.. Fondest was the new year 4 1 at rugby Park. Changed days.

Would be ecstatic with a top 4 finish this season

This will be my first away day since all of the nonsense started, so I'm excited for a jaunt up to the west end and then to Firhill.

Can't say I'm a fan of the ticketing arrangements - I agree with the poster who complained about making it as hard as possible for fans to get tickets. If you do stuff like that you lose floating fans whose plans may change if they get a chance to go to a game unexpectedly. In any case, we'll have a good support up and both sets of fans will give it a great atmosphere. 

35 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

Plenty of room on the bing for you.

Would probably be more heading up if it weren't for a mixture of folks heading to the Ayr Gold Cup on Saturday & a right good few are booked up for the full weekend away to Arbroath from the following Friday.....