Clyde vs Queen's Park

3 hours ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

I was quite specific in saying he’s poor when I see highlights of him. Maybe he saves being poor just for the highlights of games!

The guy has been a massive disappointment. Hitting the woodwork twice on Saturday was probably the highlight of his season so far, apart from his goal versus Cove which the keeper threw into the net.  People can make all the excuses they want for him and I keep hearing " I think he'll come good" but it was the same last season. And last season he was first choice striker in almost every game before Murray got fitter. Don't know what the issue is as he's an experienced striker who has played and scored goals at a higher level. 

3 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

The guy has been a massive disappointment. Hitting the woodwork twice on Saturday was probably the highlight of his season so far, apart from his goal versus Cove which the keeper threw into the net.  People can make all the excuses they want for him and I keep hearing " I think he'll come good" but it was the same last season. And last season he was first choice striker in almost every game before Murray got fitter. Don't know what the issue is as he's an experienced striker who has played and scored goals at a higher level. 

I wouldn't say his goalscoring record is anything great. In fact, other than a short loan spell with Airdrie, his scoring record for us is better than anywhere else. Although I don't think these figures include his one goal from 4 starts & 5 substitute appearances this season.

I agree that he is not doing the business for us - I just don't see much evidence that he has done the business elsewhere.

image.png.0e71ec98737c7a9eb9594c6f3366eeb7.png

1 hour ago, Arachnophile said:

I wouldn't say his goalscoring record is anything great. In fact, other than a short loan spell with Airdrie, his scoring record for us is better than anywhere else. Although I don't think these figures include his one goal from 4 starts & 5 substitute appearances this season.

I agree that he is not doing the business for us - I just don't see much evidence that he has done the business elsewhere.

Those are just league starts but aye it's not great at all.

If you add in all his other appearances then he did better at Morton - 30 goals in total 

7 goals in 36 total appearances for us.

8 hours ago, Arachnophile said:

Only the person who thought it a good thing to sign him would be able to explain why he’s here. Laurie’s post-match suggested all our loanees are here so until Baynham is fit it looks like Murray and McHugh are it.