Clyde vs Queen's Park

1 hour ago, Arachnophile said:

Our mercenaries might well be playing at a higher level next season. 

Yours look more likely to be playing at a lowlan...oops lower level the way things are going.

Yup we will teeter on the edge again. But there is something natural about it. Buying all of the best players to ‘buy’ your way up the pyramid. Doesn’t sit well will with me. But that is modern football for you. 

3 minutes ago, TheBigGuy said:

Yup we will teeter on the edge again. But there is something natural about it. Buying all of the best players to ‘buy’ your way up the pyramid. Doesn’t sit well will with me. But that is modern football for you. 

To be fair Queens Park have a prestigious history and have cashed in on their biggest asset - Hampden. The cash they're spending is is all theirs, they have simply liquified their assets and are spending the money on redeveloping Lesser and players' wages. There's nothing immoral about that, particularly as they were basically blackmailed by the SFA into selling Hampden. What should they have done with the money?

39 minutes ago, TheBigGuy said:

Not so. I know for a fact Ronaldo knocked us back. Turns out he didn’t like our away strip. Picky!

To be fair Queens Park have a prestigious history and have cashed in on their biggest asset - Hampden. The cash they're spending is is all theirs, they have simply liquified their assets and are spending the money on redeveloping Lesser and players' wages. There's nothing immoral about that, particularly as they were basically blackmailed by the SFA into selling Hampden. What should they have done with the money?
I thought Willie Haughey was bank rolling the playing budget?

Splurging the Hampden money for a few seasons of full time football would be pretty short sighted.

12 hours ago, TheBigGuy said:

Some brass neck on the big guy here. How exactly do Clyde afford David Goodwillie? Where do you think Clyde would be without David Goodwillie?

10 hours ago, Charliechurch said:

Gretna revisited.

Time will tell. I doubt QP will go bust, more likely it becomes something else that we don't recognise. A jigsaw piece for Haughey's legacy perhaps. But as humble fans with little influence, it's quite nice to be sitting with the sun at our backs for a bit after a lifetime of wind and rain in the face. Enjoy it while you can.

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Some brass neck on the big guy here. How exactly do Clyde afford David Goodwillie? Where do you think Clyde would be without David Goodwillie?

Totally valid question and to answer….. Lowland League. However QP ‘bought’ the league two title last year, ruining the competition in the process for the other nine clubs.

However with Kelty repeating the same ideology for the third year in a row. It looks like it is something I will have to get used to.

21 minutes ago, TheBigGuy said:

Totally valid question and to answer….. Lowland League. 

I think it's shocking that Clyde ruined the competition for the other clubs in League 2 by having an external source pay for a player they couldn't dream of affording otherwise. Please stop buying leagues and make it fair. 

1 hour ago, TheBigGuy said:

Clyde didn’t buy any league. Finished  something like 8th, 5th and 2nd. Now humped by the likes of Dumbarton 0-3 at home.

Qp revamped their squad. 

QP revamped their squad with funds made available to them. Clyde signed Goodwillie with funds made available to them. Both of these clubs are seeing the success of their use of these funds to differing degrees. Not sure why you feel the need to differentiate, I'd be delighted if someone was piling in a shitload of wages for us to piss away with no consequence. 

33 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

QP revamped their squad with funds made available to them. Clyde signed Goodwillie with funds made available to them. Both of these clubs are seeing the success of their use of these funds to differing degrees. Not sure why you feel the need to differentiate, I'd be delighted if someone was piling in a shitload of wages for us to piss away with no consequence. 

I’d love an abramovich at Clyde 😂

6 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

Mileson owned Gretna. 

Haughey doesn't own Queen's Park. He's not even on the committee. 

He's pumping in huge sums and that gives him plenty of control.

I doubt QP could afford Leanne Dempster's annual wage on their paltry turnover, let alone a full time squad earning the equivalent of lower premiership wages and six full time backroom staff.

If he pulls his money for whatever reason, QP will be in big trouble.

I thought Willie Haughey was bank rolling the playing budget?

Splurging the Hampden money for a few seasons of full time football would be pretty short sighted.
What's Willie Haughey interest in QP?

Is he not a well known Celtic fan?

Is there any suggestion of any kind of quid pro quo?

Is his financial support is entirely philanthropic?

Do QP fans care?