Clyde vs Queen's Park

Longstaff (despite obviously being a player) did not look match fit to me on Saturday looking uninterested on taking on any defenders on a one to one which is what is desperately required(Jai Quitongo). We look good up to the 18yd box but the final ball which is all too often a hopeful cross just isn't working ....

Still it's Clyde this week and we need to keep up traditions....

50 minutes ago, bridgeofweirdo said:

Longstaff (despite obviously being a player) did not look match fit to me on Saturday looking uninterested on taking on any defenders on a one to one which is what is desperately required(Jai Quitongo). We look good up to the 18yd box but the final ball which is all too often a hopeful cross just isn't working ....

DISINTERESTED surely?

The attainment gap is starting to bite even at The Academy.

1 hour ago, bridgeofweirdo said:

We look good up to the 18yd box but the final ball which is all too often a hopeful cross just isn't working ....

With Scott Rumsby a nailed on starter even hopeful crosses should be enough for you to fashion a goal or two. 

On 12/09/2021 at 00:56, Arachnophile said:

Moral high ground...

Aye right.😎

He certainly thinks he's dished out some patter here. 

Going to be clinging on to QP fans being generally daft this whole week because their team is probably going to vivisect mine come Saturday. Expecting a thoroughly unenjoyable 90 mins watching Simon f*cking Murray run rings round a Clyde defence (again).

19 hours ago, bridgeofweirdo said:

Harsh, I think. Liverpool or not, this a completely new set of circumstances for the kid. Came on to what was a really disjointed team performance as well. A very young right hand side with him and Gillies for the spell he was on. Having Doyle behind him, back in his normal position, will help him enormously imo.

4 hours ago, an86 said:

A very young right hand side with him and Gillies for the spell he was on. Having Doyle behind him, back in his normal position, will help him enormously imo.

Maybe but he had Gillies at right back when he started the game the week before against the same team and it didn't hinder him in the slightest imo. He was quite comfortable taking his man on then and the two of them linked up well. Based on that I was also quite disappointed he didn't make more of an impact on Saturday but, of course, these things happen with young players.   

Edited by Mick1867

9 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

Maybe but he had Gillies at right back when he started the game the week before against the same team and it didn't hinder him in the slightest imo.

Are you trying to rile me by pretending the Jobby Cup was a serious game of association football? 

1 hour ago, an86 said:

Just read that Goodwillie scored his 100th Clyde goal last weekend. Anyone know why he hasn’t managed a move to a higher level? Must be a reason for it.

On a very good deal like your mercenaries who should also  be playing at a higher level.

46 minutes ago, TheBigGuy said:

On a very good deal like your mercenaries who should also  be playing at a higher level.

Our mercenaries might well be playing at a higher level next season. 

Yours look more likely to be playing at a lowlan...oops lower level the way things are going.