Queens v Arbroath

2 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Paton was basically a passenger for the second game in a row. I stand to be corrected but presumably he was signed on the strength of his performances as predominantly a striker, or more central anyway, at Stranraer, so I don't follow the logic of Johnston playing him out wide or as a wing back.  As for Gibson, I don't think he was dreadful but it was probably one of his poorer performances, don't know what he was thinking in the lead up to the corner they scored from.  No complaints about the outcome, if you miss three "open goal" chances you probably get what's deserved. 

Thought paton done fine first half but early booking made him wary of making a wrong challenge and ending up being sent off. Second half he was none existent expect for overhead kick that went straight to the keeper

We had 3/4 gilt edged chances in the game and I don't think in any of them did the keeper have to save them. We need to learn how to hit the target or at least force the keeper into making saves. Only 4 shots on target all day and i think 3 of them were straight at the keeper.

13 hours ago, queenslad said:

We had 3/4 gilt edged chances in the game and I don't think in any of them did the keeper have to save them. We need to learn how to hit the target or at least force the keeper into making saves. Only 4 shots on target all day and i think 3 of them were straight at the keeper.

When you see the number of  wayward shots during the pre-match shooting practice when players are under no pressure its not really surprising they can't do it during games. Any shots/headers we did have on target (or in the general direction of goal) yesterday didn't have enough power behind them and we're easily dealt with. 

Great package 

Qots should’ve scored 1 or 2 there. Although forgot how many chances we actually had ourselves. Nouble just a joke like I said earlier that wasn’t one of his better games but still head and shoulders better than anyone else with ball at his feet. 

Eta: honourable mentions for Henderson, Stewart and ToB too. Losing both our full backs In second half a big blow but a neutral would’ve never known Henderson and Stewart covered there so well

Edited by 1320Lichtie