Queens v Arbroath

Was working this morning so watched the game on QOTS TV this afternoon and the Red Lichties were superb with TOB MOM, what a Captain what a player and Nouble is worth the admission money alone, also a big shout out for Hilson as he gets a bit of stick by some AFC fans and yes he missed a good chance with his first touch but i thought he was superb when he came on today plus well done to the Red Lichtie fans who traveled as QOTS TV said there were 150-200 AFC fans there today.

Also well done to Goldie for "taken one for the team" as it worked lol.

Also have to give QOTS TV a bit of credit although they should have pre-match and post match interviews the commentator was decent.

C'Mon the Red Lichties, 36-0.  

Edited by AFC360PUNK1320

Someone at Livi is looking fairly stupid letting Nouble go out on loan. He was unplayable today and just showed how little we have up top. I stupidly assumed once Arbroath went down to 10 our pressure would tell and we would score, we could have played all day and not scored.
Cochrane is an absolute waste of a jersey, i have never seen anyone give the ball away as much. Fitzpatrick looked more interested in arguing with the linesman than actually trying. Looks like we have got the same player we saw so often last season. A long season ahead with performances like that. 

I didn't think Cochrane was bad today. Closer to the pass mark than a lot of the others. He did lose the ball but I didn't think any more so than the rest of them today. I can cut him some slack because he at least went forward and tried the odd forward pass.

I don't blame Fitzpatrick tbf. He was fouled twice near the linesman who completely ignored both fouls. I actually thought he was pretty calm when asking the linesman why they weren't given. Compare it to Gibson's outburst at him earlier in the game.

Why is Abdy having a go at Hilson. Was good when he come on 

Everyone put in a shift today. Not at our best but with 11 I thought we were the better team. They had a few good chances though boy Junuor should’ve scored one of them.

Tob/Henderson/Stewart and NOUBLEEEEEE excellent 

5 minutes ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

Was working this morning so watched the game on QOTS TV this afternoon and the Red Lichties were superb with TOB MOM, what a Captain what a player and Nouble is worth the admission money alone, also a big shout out for Hilson as he gets a bit of stick by some AFC fans and yes he missed a good chance with his first touch but i thought he was superb when he came on today plus well done to the Red Lichtie fans who traveled as QOTS TV said there were 150-200 AFC fans there today.

Also have to give QOTS TV a bit of credit although they should have pre-match and post match interviews the commentator was decent.

Nah 100ish maybe. Still decent considering it was 4 hour on the bus.

Someone at Livi is looking fairly stupid letting Nouble go out on loan. 

He’s 25 and he’d never played above Conference level in England. Someone at Livi did very well to find and sign him. A season in the Championship to prove he’s got it was a sensible move. However, he’s got it.

He’s 25 and he’d never played above Conference level in England. Someone at Livi did very well to find and sign him. A season in the Championship to prove he’s got it was a sensible move. However, he’s got it.

I was surprised to see he was 25. He's hardly at the start of his career. I think it's bizarre they loaned him out tbh and if they need to loan a 25 year old out to the league below to find out if he's any good I'd be employing new scouts. As I said earlier, I'll be gobsmacked if they don't recall him.

4 minutes ago, lichtiekev said:

Queens were home team and huffed and puffed and had a few half chances, but looked really comfortable and Gaston had nothing to do,
Could of been 3 or 4 In the end too,

Not sure about the term half chances, we had 4/5 good chances but i had absolutely zero confidence we were going to score any of them. Soares should have scored first half when clean through and dragged it inches wide. Connelly and Paton headed over from inside the 6 yard box when it looked easier to score. Paton had his overhead kick that half a yard either side was a goal. Arbroath deserved the points but not sure you can say with a straight face it could have been 3 or 4. 

3 minutes ago, stan3600 said:

Well if they found him and thought he had something surely they should have figured out in pre season he was good enough before farming him out. The fact he would walk In to the Livi starting 11 proves he shouldn’t be out on loan. 

Not sure about the term half chances, we had 4/5 good chances but i had absolutely zero confidence we were going to score any of them. Soares should have scored first half when clean through and dragged it inches wide. Connelly and Paton headed over from inside the 6 yard box when it looked easier to score. Paton had his overhead kick that half a yard either side was a goal. Arbroath deserved the points but not sure you can say with a straight face it could have been 3 or 4. 

Think 3/4 for Arbroath isn't OTT tbh. They comfortably had the best chances in the second half and how McKenna didn't bury the chance early in the second half was incredible. Nouble should have scored just before he got his goal. There were others but those two were the biggest chances I recall.

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Think 3/4 for Arbroath isn't OTT tbh. They comfortably had the best chances in the second half and how McKenna didn't bury the chance early in the second half was incredible. Nouble should have scored just before he got his goal. There were others but those two were the biggest chances I recall.

They did have the better chances in the second half but we had 2/3 very good chances and still wondering how we managed to miss the target with them all. Embarrassing finishing. 

14 minutes ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

Also well done to Goldie for "taken one for the team" as it worked lol.

There was a pre-match interview. Do any clubs at this level do post match interviews on their streams? Maybe I switch off too early. Either way, the post match stuff is all done at the other side of the pitch.

On the game, I was sceptical Nouble was as good as the Arbroath fans were saying before the game, but if anything he looked better! Clearly too good for this level and no chance he wont be getting a game for Livy come January.

The chances Queens missed were unforgivable but worse was the final ball. 

I dont think the overall performance was that bad and we'll probably play worse and win. However, we cant keep saying that every week

Nouble is ridiculous as a player. A good touch for a big man etc etc.

Queens defenders will be having nightmares about him. Wins everything, ball sticks to him and what a control and touch. Curious to see where he goes next.

Thought we were actually alright at times. Could and should have scored a couple. Lacked a cutting edge.

Euan Maldini our best player. Cochrane was fine but wasted a couple of chances.

Disappointing afternoon but Arbroath are a very well drilled side and well worth the three points today.

Well if they found him and thought he had something surely they should have figured out in pre season he was good enough before farming him out. The fact he would walk In to the Livi starting 11 proves he shouldn’t be out on loan. 

Livi have Jack Hamilton who scored 8 in 14 games from January for Arbroath last season. Maybe he should get more of a chance? He’s not had 90 minutes yet.

Agree re Cochrane. Not a day when many played well but he was good.

To suggest he was a waste of a jersey is hyperbole/stupidity on the OP's part.

I didn't think Cochrane was bad today. Closer to the pass mark than a lot of the others. He did lose the ball but I didn't think any more so than the rest of them today. I can cut him some slack because he at least went forward and tried the odd forward pass.

I don't blame Fitzpatrick tbf. He was fouled twice near the linesman who completely ignored both fouls. I actually thought he was pretty calm when asking the linesman why they weren't given. Compare it to Gibson's outburst at him earlier in the game.

27 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I was surprised to see he was 25. He's hardly at the start of his career. I think it's bizarre they loaned him out tbh and if they need to loan a 25 year old out to the league below to find out if he's any good I'd be employing new scouts. As I said earlier, I'll be gobsmacked if they don't recall him.

I'm not entirely sure we really use scouts, we use a stats based recruitment system. He was in on trial with us in Spain on our preseason camp. Interestingly enough though, it was none of that and actually JET that recommended him since he's pals with Frank Nouble - he's Joel's big brother :D